Can a fucking leaf or anyone who knows a drop about NHL explain to me why Crosby isn't the GOAT of this """"sport""""?

Can a fucking leaf or anyone who knows a drop about NHL explain to me why Crosby isn't the GOAT of this """"sport""""?

because Martin brodeur was Goat

>diving Crybaby
>GOAT

This

Because only teenage faggots think he is
Wish I saved all those penguins image macros from years ago with the girl waving a towel

So he's your favorite player ?

>5th in PPG regular season All-Time (first active)
>not top 25 in GPG (3rd active)
>Currently 10th in Active Points
>11th in Active Goals
>12th in Playoff PPG All-Time (1st active)
>6th in Active Assists
>5th in APG All-Time (1st right now)
Probably because of the above. Even though he's pretty universally seen as the best right now, he's yet to push far enough into all-time leaders to be a GOAT.

Not that he couldn't be, just that he isn't currently.

Either 99 or 66 are.

You're my MVP baby

Delusional Jersey scum

He's definitely up there but not #1.

If Wayne Gretzky had never scored a goal in his entire career he would still be the all-time points leader on assists alone... That being said he also holds the record for fastest player to reach 50 goals in a season. The guy was unreal.

Some (not me) say that McDavid is currently the best player in the league.

You forgot 68

salty af desu senpai

Why would I be salty when you're wrong and I'm right

Excellent point, but older GOATS like Gretzky who averaged more points per game also played in an era where goalies had shin guards for pads and flopped around lile retards. Its a completely different game, like most sports very difficult to compare eras.
Not necessarily advocating for Croz as goat, but if you take into consideration what he's done in this era of hockey at every level he's played you could certainly make a case for him at or near the top.

But you are not

Crosby didn't get the benefit of playing in an era when goalies flopped around like fish out of water and most players could barely skate.

He's not even 30 years old. He'll be GOAT material if he keeps at this rate and stays healthy.

Still doesn't change the fact that he's a scumbag.

Gretzky may have played in a shit time, but he just didn't become the best, he dominated a time period unlike anyone else, he has records on top of his records that most will be lucky to even come close to.

simple

crysby is a fucking loser faggot

>he plays in a tough era when goalies dont flop around
but he did play in an era of massive powerplays, over HALF of his points from his 120 point season were powerplay points from obstruction

combine that with his general inability to stay healthy and pathetic on ice attitude

Crosby won't be seen as the GOAT for the same reason that no pitcher after Cy Young will be considered the GOAT. Both Cy Young and Wayne Gretzky were era babies that put up numbers that won't ever be replicated in each of their respective sports, and the style of play has altered so that each will be the GOAT in their respective sports. It's interesting, because the NFL suffers from the opposite of this, and has rules constantly tightened, resulting in records being broken left and right.

Power play rate spiked for one (1) season.

doesnt change the fact hes a massive powerplay baby and has enjoyed all the benefits of being a diving whiner

Gretzky played during the highlighted seasons.

>Only two (2) Cups

That's why.

this is about sindey crysby, not gretzky

It's about comparing who had the more favorable conditions.

the spread on that chart is minimal and crysby played in several of the seasons there as well, when his glass brain was working i guess

crysby has never dominated in the fashion that gretzky or mario did

Not to mention goalie pads have gotten significantly larger.

I'm 34 and have been watching hockey since I can remember, basically since the mid-80's. If I'm going to rank players, I'm only going to rank ones that I remember watching on a day-to-day basis, and by that measure I have to problem putting Crosby top 3 with Gretzky and Lemieux. Those three, along with Hasek in goal, are probably the only ones I'd deem "generational talents" since the 80's. McDavid is a potential gen talent.

This. Mike Hoffman is oustanding.

If you took today's Crosby and put him in the 80s, he'd outperform Gretzky.

Not the GOAT but he's one of the best of this generation for sure and has already written his legacy in hockey history. Super Mario, Bobby, and Gretzky probably would be my top 3. I can't get mad at him anymore because he's just autistically determined. He made hockey his life and I respect that.

Connor will be I think. This year was tremendous. Just look at what fucking edmonton was and where they sre now. Obviously its not because of lucic or depth, or talbot, McDavid is genuinely leading that team now and will for a very long time

this. Crosby's potential was never even remotely this high and he also happens to be playing with an MVP and Art Ross winner who would be a franchise player on any other team in the league, not to mention a first overall pick at goaltender

>not ranking Howe

lol no

I don't know huge amount about hockey history. Can someone explain what they mean when they talk about goalies flopping around during the time when Gretzky played?

I'm a pretty casual hockey fan, but isn't Sid basically like LeBron in the sense that for active players, even if he doesn't have the most impressive season statistically or wins the MVP everyone knows that he's the best player in the world currently?

Nobody thinks Cy Young is the GOAT you fucking idiot.

it could be because other players have been better, it could also be because he gets away with nasty shit like intentionally hitting someone's crotch with his stick. also he whines nonstop and at least used to dive his ass off.

don't be stupid obviously meant Melker Karlsson

Because hes not the great one, mr hockey, super mario, bobby orr, the rocket, etc etc

Hes not even the greatest or 2nd greatest for the pens

They sucked.

Yes.

>Cindy
>goat

Pick none

If Crosby wins a 3rd Cup this year you can't deny he's GOAT