twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Grime's

the one he copied

Well the woman from Blondie invented hip hop

Black Sabbath caused quite a few

you mean all of the worst ones...

>oi!
>madchester
All the others are reasonable to me, but explain these.

>drone pioneered in 1960s
L M A O

madchester was pretty much krautrock (velvet underground) + alt dance so yeah

indeed, it's much, much older than that

He produced the first single by Sham 69, and one of the first singles by Menace, both of whom were the main founders of Oi! music
He also produced the Happy Mondays' debut album, one of the first Madchester works, and (arguably) the genre's first album

>drone rock
try being more relative

Brian Wilson, everyone of those + more. Not even memeing.

well it specifically mentions rock in all the other instances

Drone as a technique existed well before, but (and I'll admit I'm fairly ignorant of the genre) I can't think of anything that could be considered Drone as a genre unto itself from before the 60s. Point me to some examples if I'm wrong, I'd genuinely like to know what came before it if it did.

Direct influence on Stoner, Grunge, Sludge, and Doom. Pioneered in Heavy Metal, Acid, and Psychedelic. They also did a fair bit of Prog with Ozzy. Hell, these guys even pioneered drop tunings.

phil spector

I think drone as applied to rock music really can be credited to Cale. He worked with La Monte Young who was one of the first minimalist/drone composers and he took that background with him while working in the Velvet Underground.

Apart from minimalism all of those are in the same genre though

don van vliet invented like a hundred different genres on tmr alone

Obvious answers, but you could probably make cases for:

Brian Eno
Klaus Schulze
Silver Apples
Frank Zappa(?)
Captain Beefheart
The Art of Noise
John Cage

A guy named Jesus Christ. Ever heard of him?!

This guy?

>John Cage
if we're including concert music then beethoven wins fuckin easily. no one even comes remotely close. fuck, beethoven invented jazz like 70 years before it even existed

>The Art of Noise
tghought you were talkinga bout luigi russolo for a sec and was going to agree

there are traditional folk musics from every populated continent that are based around drones and....

applied to rock music? what there was more straight up drone rock like parson sound and shit. even in pop rock rolling stones "paint it black" and beatles songs with drone elements came out before velvet underground.

youre completely ignorant. think

For some reason I was thinking 20th-century-and-beyond only, but yeah

Incredibly innovative and influential, but he really only "pioneered" noise, drone, and futurism in my opinion
Definitely worth a mention though

>Beethoven invented jazz
This claim interests me.

he didnt pioneer "futurism" he was a member of it as an existing movement... but noise means a lot. using non instruments unrelated to western scales is incredibly influential and really didnt happen again til magnetic tape music... not just influential to genre but to ideology thinking about what sounds can be considered music.

also cage is from the 20th century dumbass

youtu.be/uQMCfqFr4XA?t=26

this is the diferent between a true genious and the fuckin shit for hitpsters that mu listen, only Paris 1919 is better than all the stuff post here, respect to the master, scum

bez

Thom Yorke

You're just putting words together that make no sense lad

Cale was the true innovator in the Velvets, and it's such a pity he's not acclaimed for it more often