Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EhrgXk6RQDY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

degenerate

Get a real job

New scheme to make $$$

I think it's really cool that it's a thing and is becoming more excepted
I'd still rather play the game though

I use to play with a couple guys from Optic on cod for 360 it's awesome to see Hecz dream come true
I was friends with diesel and Hecz when they were first getting started on youtube
I'm from the Midwest so we'd be on the same servers alot

Was great when everyone played Quake. Now it's just overhyped casual bullshit that's just there for advertisement and money instead of fame.
Back when this started, there were no prices to win. Big money ruins everything.

Honestly its always been boring to me
Even when i was a retarded kid playing dota 2 in middle school i hated watching the first international it was just boring to me

Esports is great except that their are no games worth a shit right now that are worth even playing competitively right now. Faggot LoL, no skill CoD, Camper Kike Go, Shartstone, Battlefail. At least it's more skillful and fun to watch than wold series of Pock her.

>ps4
>cod
>esports
Rofl

TOXIKK is really good, but the playerbase is too small. Probably because it's not made by a AAA dev, so they can't afford to go overboard with advertising.

recently i've enjoyed watching some pro Age of Empires 2 gameplay, but that's mainly because I like the game and not because I'm watching it for the merit of esports. it's just like any other entertainment in my opinion, if people are willing to play at a high level and people are willing to watch, it will have a market

This, gamers hate any kind of commercials in game so they created esports to deliver the ads to the target audience.

SC/SC2 is/was the best eSport.
Too bad it's dedgaem now.

Also SF.

It's pure, glorified, monetized cringe.

Drone races on the other hand...

its a dumb cash grab for ads and people who want to be good at the game.

i agree tho, AOE 2 is always interesting.
I just wouldnt like to see it turn into LoL esports garbage.
Keep it as good players streaming and such.

Imagine being a naturally attractive girl with mild autism who can't socialize but wants to stream her MOBA expertise. Can't be done.
i cri everytim ;_;

Do you guys have any favorite games that have small competitive scenes around them?

I liked watching L4D2 promod a lot, and Paladins is okay to watch.

It's more like they took it over. The first years from about 1998 to like the mid/late 2000s we called it pro gaming and it was mostly centered around Quake.
There were no big corporations involved and it was really awesome.
I was part of one of the best Quake 2 clans in Europe and the tournaments were only for fun and fame.
Back then the only people who watched that were spectators on the servers, people who downloaded the replays to watch the games with their own Quake installation and people who attended lanparties.

It only turned into "esports" once companies like Nvidia and Intel took the whole thing over and centered it around easier and more casual games to be able to increase the target audience.

Like I said before, TOXIKK is probably the best game out there right now. It just needs more players.

Here's a trailer. Shit's lit, m8

youtube.com/watch?v=EhrgXk6RQDY

Bullshit like this ruined games in the first place.
Nowadays you can't chill without some kid screaming at you for ruining their K.D/elo, mmr/Rank...

esports? more like cringesports

It's kind of like MTV