Good morning.... evening... night.. user

Good morning.... evening... night.. user.
I'm back to offer conversation, advice, some fortunes, a game or answer a question you always wanted to ask a therapist.

For tarot reading put
>tarot
at the top of your post with a specific question you want answered by the cards (no more need for dubs, but be aware this will slow down my replies)

For a free $10 or less game I've randomly generated 2 #s between 1-999. If your post lands on one of these 2 #s and you can provide proof of (you) with a way to contact I'll pop out a game on steam! (first correct post # only!!!)

tonight I only have about 2 hours to hang around so the game offer is only available while I can be around

E>

>Tarot
Did I make the right choice breaking up with recent ex?

>tarot
Should I talk to her about my feelings?

>10 Vibrators (10 of wands)
You will find that put a lot of effort into this venture only end up feeling burdened by a responsibility you find too difficult to manage on your own.

So a follow up would be, why did you two break up?
For the tarot is there anything that feels to heavy to bear alone?

>That upside down clock tower from SotN
This event seems like a terribly painful choice and you may want to avoid it, but remember. From the greatest pain can sometimes come the most powerful change and greatest wisdom.

Aside from the cards, the answer to this is almost always yes. As long as you approach it the right way. What is it you're afraid of telling her?

I got a feeling about him. I have a feeling he is doing bad things, and I stopped caring about him as much as he said he "loved" me. I guess the thing to bear is just life responsibilities, he was giving me a place to stay and amenities, going to have to move back in with parents for a while to get everything situated.

Also, thank you!

Tell me how lucky I am today

I just wanna talk to her about how I love her and want to date her but am completely understanding if she doesn't want to change how we are. It's dumb because even if "nothing changes" it's still going to be out there and I know she's going to feel different from now on.

Hello, my fellow Night Owl!

Whoo whoo

-Al the owl

Hello!

Should I pick back up heroin temporarily in order to stop from being tracked by the underworld?

Specific question, I know.

No

>tarot
Should I hold out hope to ever have a woman? Or should I just focus on something else in life?

Nevermind, got my answer. Thanks for your time.

Chek'd
Can you explain pls?

>Tarot
Special snowflake here
Why can't I just be happy like everyone else ?

I always have the most pessimistic way of thinking whatever happen

>Tarot
Will my tarot reading be good.
I doubt you remember but i asked you how involved therapists are with helping someone or was just a job to them. You said you're an assistant and only help the late night walk ins. So is this why you do these kinda threads, for practice on becoming an actual therapist.

Anyway

Not anymore, no.

>tarrot
should I pursue becoming an electrician. I already applied to jobs but what would happen if I get one.

Chek'd
Are you quite sure everyone around you is Happy?
Also, why do you look at the pessimistic side of things?

Should I start to make a new friends?

You're welcome. It's sad to say, but that's how one really knows a relationship is over. When you stop caring as much if they hurt you or care for you. In the long run it probably is best to move on to someone else. Best of luck.

That's a hard one. It will change your relationship, but I've done it before and others have too. It can be done, but both of you would have to be very mature about it if it doesn't progress a romantic relationship.

hoot hoot!

whoot whoot

E>

quad quads.....

my my, I can't say yes to this one honestly. How would picking it backup help though anyway?

more tarots coming in a mo!

>Why you look at the pessimistic side of thing

I think I am just like that

>How would picking it back up help though anyway

Dunno, probably cuz the quantum accretions of its bipolar karmic exchanges generated a numerical signal for me to recognize and apply.

Pedal to the metal maaaaaaaan.

Should I play today or nah?

How do you deal with loss?

The only one who can change that is you. Starting now, take a piece of paper and make a list of all the things you are grateful. It might be two things. It might be two hundred. Put a number 1 at the top of the page, because Next Sunday, do another one.

Yes! Why not?

>trident (3 of swords)
Loneliness, rejection, sadness. It's through this suffering that we fully understand our limits and our strengths sometimes.

I'm a victim of this as well. I seek out romance as well and put other things in life out of balance. Strive for a balance. If romance takes to much out of you, lessen it's importance and give where you have to give.

>8 vibrators in the *wrong?* place?
Put some time into actually working on this. Take a break from responsibilities where possible.

Most people can fake happiness as well as you. Anyone who says they are happy all the time is lying. As far as your perspective.... it is just that. A good place to start that is simple is looking into positive vs negative self talk. Learn to redirect your perspective instead of pursuing a negative one with your internal monologue.

>smol Harry Potter
Embrace your enthusiasm, Your spirit will guide you towards new heights.

Aside from the cards, if you get a job you don't like... stick with it for a while if you can manage until you find something new and learn from your struggles.

(more otw)

Actually more complicated than it seem, lel

Of course! What are you thinking of trying?

0.o still .... I'd say no. It's lasting effects and physical withdrawal symptoms are quite nasty.

(I flipped a coin for you) Yes

Most people flow freely from one stage of grief to another until they find acceptance of the loss and change their perspective/world view to one that incorporates the loss and doesn't reject it.

Loss is always something hard to deal with, and it takes time to come out of it. Experience your feelings fully. Cry, be angry, be happy about good memories. If it doesn't end start seeing a therapist. The best advice I can give you is: Your feelings, no matter what they are, are valid. Don't deny them, don't ever tell yourself you have no right to feel this way. That doesn't mean you can give up and moving forward, but it means it's ok to feel.

>It's lasting effects and physical withdrawal symptoms are quite nasty.

You're assuming I'd be alive long enough to deal with either of these.

I get that. But I'm saying you need to start somewhere. To break the habit of negativity, this might be a good place to start.

>8 vibrators in the *wrong?* place?
Put some time into actually working on this. Take a break from responsibilities where possible.

Most people can fake happiness as well as you. Anyone who says they are happy all the time is lying. As far as your perspective.... it is just that. A good place to start that is simple is looking into positive vs negative self talk. Learn to redirect your perspective instead of pursuing a negative one with your internal monologue.

Seem like the fact that people fake happiness make me mad, positive self talk ? I don't have that at all . . .

I see. Sadly, I don't have anything to write on that paper . . .

Is therapy for everyone? I can't get a mental health checkup because I still live in my own house, and I don't want my parents knowing I feel like that I am mentally unstable. But soon, whenever I move out, I can have the availability to do things. What's a first step? What's reccomended?

Didn't mean "own house." It's four am lads, I'm tired as hell.

addendum: Different losses affect different people differently. If your loss is still causing enough distress in your life to keep you from functioning a few months afterwards this is the time to start seeing a therapist. You could always see one earlier and if it's unnecessary then they'll tell you.

I see. Is it a passive death wish sort of thing?

People don't do it to hurt others, they feel they are a burden when they are sad, or their depression tells them to isolate by pretending to be ok. Depression isn't a sentient thing, but it helps to visualize a monster that knows how to manipulate it's prey into avoiding paths to healing.

Self talk examples:
(bad): I can't do this, why did I even try? (this comes from failure and actively reinforces the perspective that you always you fail or that a setback (even temporary) is utter failure).

(good): I couldn't do it this time, but I'll figure out what I messed up and try again later today.

This is good on 3 levels. It doesn't reinforce a negative perspective, it sets a goal and by using an "I will" statement rather than an "I should" statement you cement your plan to work on it.

I should work on this later today.... (this gives you an out)
I WILL work on this later today. (this reinforces your action taking)

Yes, you do. Look around. First thing I see is you have Internet, and a device to communicate with it. That's two thinggs..
Chek'd
Cole gesture and universities have affordable mental health care. It will be students supervised by a teacher. That would be the first step I'd recommend. And I'm glad yore taking this step, instead of continuing to suffer.

My girlfriend broke up with me. It happened alot during our year and a half dating so this time it didn't really take long to get over. In fact it only took like 30 minutes this time.

I'm horny as fuck and want to start asking girls on dates. Its been about a month and change. Is it too soon?

So something coming up on 5 years is probably a good idea to get looked at then?

Tarot
Will this despair ever pass, will things ever be righted?

Well, therapy is a big complicated thing that seems simple. So if it fails it seems like it doesn't work at all.

Things to consider:
Therapist: It's a professional relationship, but a relationship none the less. It has to work well on a social level.

Therapy type: I practice CBT, REBT and brief solution focused. These are just many types of treatment. Each has it's own tenants, styles, and interventions.

Level of care: Outpatient (1-2x weekly), Intensive outpatient (3-5x weekly 3hours a day), Partial Hospital (5x weekly 5hours a day), inpatient (sort of self explanatory)

Treatment type: "talk therapy" is typically done by a counselor or social worker, and is more often than not a long process that solves deeper problems and creates a lasting effect for those who compelete therapy.
Psychiatric: usually focuses on medication that provides relief as long as the medicine is taken, but usually doesn't solve problems on it's own. Both strategies work better in tandem, though some people don't need one or the other.

I know that's a lot to take in, but it's not meant to scare you, but to let you know theres always something new to try and that you don't have to give up if you have a setback.

Honestly.... the best way to start out is looking into CBT, cognitive behavioral therapy and being evaluated at a clinic to see if seeing a psychiatrist is needed as well. Call your insurance company (it's confidential, as well as treatment is) and ask for a referral for treatment that's in network and close by.

I would like an opinion on this, OP.
I've been dating a nice guy online for a month or so.
It's been hard recently with him though, and today he dumped me for issues related to me being mentally ill, including me being incredibly self deprecating/antisocial, and apparently letting guys flirt with me when I had no idea this was happening.
Then a mutual friend sent me a picture where he summed up why he broke up with me and said he never liked me in the first place.
Am I in the wrong for being the way I am?
Or is he wrong for lying to me?
Additionally, what would be some good ways to get rid of this negative attitude I have towards life?
It's very hard living in my situation right now and healing. I was emotionally abused by a parental figure for four years, and only recently got out of that situation.
Was told constantly I was a bitch and a demon, and I have relatively severe PTSD from this.
My attitude is kind of caused like this.
I would like to get better, however.

No its not too soon. If you feel ready, you're ready. Get out there and have fun!

Can't be grateful of thing I work for

To be fair, there are plenty of people who are unable to work or gain some things many people take for granted. Such as internet, power, a home, food, water, etc. You could be grateful for those even if you work for them.

agreed. I'd only say hold back if you still have feelings for your ex that would interfere with moving on, make sure if you go after something serious it's not just a rebound though. You might both regret it later probably....

Absolutely. Would it be okay to ask what the loss was?

>didn't >

but ok...

>this knight is riding his horse upside down... for god's sake help him!
Yes, but you must make a plan. The universe will not do it for you. What can you do? If you don't feel you have the answers ask others for wisdom.

ok I'll answer some of this in sequences
1. It's not your fault people flirt with you unless you actively engage with it and encourage it you arent' responsible. Now if he had told you what was going on politely and asked for help with this that would okay.
2. He shouldn't have lied to you. Don't, and I mean this emphatically, don't let his shortcomings as a person define YOU. That was his failing as a decent person not yours.
3. As far as being mentally ill, it sounds like you have good insight into yourself. Are you seeing someone about this trauma? Someone trained to help you cope with it / turn it into something you can use to better your life?
4. It doesn't sound like he broke up with you for your emotional damage, but in the event it happens in the future. Not everyone can help hold a broken heart that needs stitches, but those that can are something wonderful. Work on yourself first, before your next relationship, then the next person will help hold that heart together while you stitch it up.

In that way, we can be grateful for everything that happened to us cause there people that have it more rough

Ah, it was Al who was asking. She died tomorrow five years ago.

Sure you can and you can be grateful for the job you have that pays for it. That's three now.

Good to see you, Brother!

The only grateful thing I could be now it's death

Thank you for your input, OP.
It just hurts so badly right now.
Such a fresh wound, and I'm across the country from the people I really care about that I feel would make everything better.
I am not regularly seeing a therapist.
I did have one appointment where they explained their policies to me and did a basic screening. Told me i appear to have very severe trauma symptoms.
I'm working on getting to a therapist more regularly, though.
The thought of going more often honestly frightens me a bit.
The only experience I had with anything like a therapist before this was with a school counselor about the sudden death of a pet and stress, and she submitted me to a suicide risk test without me realizing and then forced my parents to take me to a mental health center so they could see if they needed to keep me for a few days or not.
Scared the hell out of me.

>tarot
Should i listen to a stranger Sup Forumstard on the interwebs

Why? What happened to make you feel this way?

I'm dumped guy looking for new things btw.

Truth be told.. I mostly only hung out with my girlfriend so she was mainly one of my only regular friends lol.

Is it creepy to ask a girl out on a date on facebook lol? I just graduated too so its harder to meet people. Theres nothing for me where I work either lol.

Whatever happened, I am never happy.
Everything just problem to me

>therapists
This just in: people you give money to are nice to you more at 11

That's pretty underhanded imo. If I'm screening for suicide risk I tell a client. I think it's ridiculous to beat around the bush about that sort of thing.
and this of course will be very different from seeing a school counselor. While the training is similar as well as the qualifications, the job is quite different as well as what to expect from treatment.

I'm pretty happy to hear you're still giving it a shot though. Expect it to be difficult or painful though. Honestly if your therapy isn't, then you're not getting what you need. It should be hard, if you're coddled through it you'll just end up dependent on a therapist or someone else to solve your problems for you. The goal of therapy is to give the tools and knowledge to the client to help themselves in the absence of a therapist. Then the therapist can just be there when needed or wanted, not at every painful juncture.

>7 tentacles... I mean pentacles.. (thought I was back in /d/ for a moment)
Some work hard for what they do. Whether it is for good or for evil. Take everything you see here with a grain of salt.

If you talk to her somewhat frequently and have maybe seen her a few times IRL I don't think so. Also, I get that. It's hard too, but it's important to not become to dependent on one person. Even if it's your SO.

If you're only getting "being nice to you" out of the therapist you are seeing.... stop seeing them and find one that actually does what they went to school for 6-8 years for. E>

>tarot
dunno how this works, do I have to ask a question or do you just give me a reading?

Have you ever seen a doctor about this?

No

Courage and honor Sup Forumsrothers

I can do a general one luv.

>King of liquid holding ceramics
Be aware of your emotions. Understand them, when they are beneficial and when they are not. This will help you move forward in the near future.

*Reinhardt voice* Live with honor, die with glory!

Why not? I mean, if your knee hurt you this much, you'd be first in line a doctor to get treatment for it. Because it's your mood, and mind, you hesitate.

I keep that for when I will try killing myself and failed it

I'm just not the type of guys going see the doctor and say "I'm tired of living, what can you do?"

That sounds like clinical depression. And people get help for it every day. It's a manageable and treatable thing.

So, answer this as honestly as possible.
What are you afraid of happening if you try to go get help?
At least from my limited time watching your posts you seem pretty against trying anything suggested or trying to change how you view things. What is it that's scary about seeking help or even the possibility of change?

I got alcohol poisoning at school once and was forced to see a therapist for alcohol and other drugs classes + therapy.

The classes were wack as fuck. The therapy was good. The same lady did them though so it wasn't that bad and it was 1 on 1.

You don't have to approach it like. I don't want to live anymore. They'll help you break it all down.

Last time I said
"maybe I am afraid that won't work"

But this time I feel more like I am a kid who don't want to eat his pea's.
Even if I understand it's good for my health, and that's not gonna kill me. I still don't want to eat them

(Best ways to describe it lel)

I don't talk to her at all lol. We just met through being active on campus. I have alot of free time on my hands lol.. Not sure what to do with it..

Side question. Is LTC gonna moon?

That's actually a very good analogy....
So it's a stubbornness. Theres still something that deep down you fear will happen though. It's why we always resist change. At the same time the kid who won't eat his peas is also doing it b/c he's rebelling. He wants some control and doesn't want to be told what to do. If that's the only place you feel you have control then that could also be it. Mind you, if you go into some form of treatment you may find that you have a lot more that you can control that you are to blinded to see right now. Things that'll help improve you to control instead of impede you.

Hmm, if you don't mind her saying no (honestly that's the worst that could happen) then go for it. Ask her out on a simple date. Dinner, movie, both. These are good starter dates b/c you have reasons not to talk a WHOLE lot.... zoo is also good from past experience...
Looks like we're coming to a close tonight everyone. I really do appreciate the posts and the thoughtful conversations. I'll be back around this time This coming Friday, but not Sunday as I work that night.

Next time I'll have 3 random #s that'll get a game and I'll bump it up to $15 since I didn't give one away tonight. Have a good night and if you really need anything else you can email me at skyden13162@gmail

I try to check it once a day.

E> best of luck with all your endeavors.

> monoLOGue

idk how this works but
Will i pass in the test to join a new school?

Ok last one E>
for reals

>A page of dull cup doodles
This cards heralds a happy surprise. It also could mean your subconscious is trying to tell you something you don't quite understand. Be prepared for a nice surprise and new understanding of yourself.

I'm speechless right now . . .

ty

So was I, the first time I heard it directed at me.

>tarot
I've been very dry when it comes to song writing the past few years, but slowly I feel like I'm making progress again. Should I continue my efforts?

Lol tarot.
Do you also believe that the position relative to our planet of arbitrarily selected cluster of stars at your birth has an effect on your personality and everyday life??
Didn't know we had mentally challenged people on Sup Forums.. I guess they are everywhere nowadays

You should continue. What are some things that inspire you?

>tarot
I was wondering if I should learn an instrument or just save my money. Currently 20 and in college so money is a little tight rn.

A musical instrument, Right?
Can you get a guitar cheaply? Do you have access to a piano?
If money is tight, can you just do a little playing on your own?
If you're in college, do you have the free time?

Those are what I'd ask myself.

what's going on tonight OP?
throw me a -
>tarot
I seem to have smashed headfirst into a ditch in life and haven't been able to find my way out in eleven years. Personal motivation issues if I may add.
I'm wondering if I should simply help a companion with their dream, or drift until I find something precious to me?

I'm pretty sure that op has gone to work.
But I can tell you helping a companion with their dream is a wonderful idea. It'll take you out of your own head for a while. And it might help with your own motivation.

>Tarot
Fuck it. How do I stop caring about someone? Ex left me for a damn good reason and I've been too much of a pussy bitch to move on and be a good friend.

Ah, a shame.
Regardless, thank you, fine scholar.
May your week be filled with splendor and joy.

Thank you, user! Same to you.
To me, it's sounds like now, you are ready to move on. There comes a point where we become sick and tired of being sick and tired. And then we are ready for change. Keep the good memories in your heart, where they belong. You'll find someone new soon enough.

>Tarot
I've been dying of boredom for a couple months and I've become obsessed with the concept of practicing magic. Not parlor tricks or stage magic, I'm talking firebolts and oakflesh. How do I reach this? I've been feeling very in tune with some cosmic energies lately and it makes me wonder if the universe is reacting to my willpower. I know this sounds kinda out-there and faggy but gummies pls OP

Not op.
The best place to start would be to start a thread about this on There is a lot of information there. Take your time and look around. See what you can find out.