Who here has taken the /criss cross/ pill...

Who here has taken the /criss cross/ pill? A good jazz musician only needs his instrument and a few hours in the studio to make a great album.

Favorite albums from the label?

Yes, their album covers are bad but the albums are all about the music.

i honestly have yet to take the criss cross pill, especially for someone who knows a bunch of criss cross artists. its a good label though, it serves a very specific purpose.

like you know them personally? which ones?

>/criss cross/ pill
you mean the JTG pill

Yes he was kind of obsessed with criss cross. I can see why though. As far as pure musicianship goes the label is one of the best.

Trust Fund Jazz label

I don't get that impression. I think if these people had trust funds they would just record and release their albums independently. It's more like the college professor label.

why are the album covers so fucking bad

I think there are people on Sup Forums who think that every white person has a trust fund.

I've only heard the basics that Jazzthreadguy used to shill all the time lke Sipiagin and Herwig. All of it that I've heard is pretty good but I'm really more into free jazz so I've never heard much more.

Even that wouldn't really make much sense because the label is really pretty diverse. Just on the album in the OP there are three white guys, two black guys and a Cuban guy.

bump

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

What's their end game? Why are they doing this?

Where do I start with criss cross?
Do they have any compilations?

try this maybe

These are good covers though, what gives?

I don't understand. What else could you even have?

I don't care about covers personally but I like that they say the all the players names on the cover.