Why do Atheists celebrate Christmas if they dont believe in God and the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ?

Why do Atheists celebrate Christmas if they dont believe in God and the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ?

because we believe in consumerism

/thread

Why do christians celebrate halloween when it is a pagan tradition?

dont know about other people but i just like the community gathering aspect

And why do you use a character from a book with a primarily taoist view of the world to illustrate a post about christianity?

Because it's nice to exchange gifts and have parties with those we care about. Shunning the holiday in spite is the lonely Athiests Christmas.

Because a time of giving to others can be a good thing even if you don't believe in ascribing that time to any religious beliefs

Christmas is also pagan kekekekekek

You know Jesus was born in April, right? Christmas is just another Pagan tradition that Christianity absorbed because that's what it used to do back in the day.

They celebrate Halloween because Irish immigrants brought it here and the Americans transformed it.

Because we like to have fun and enjoy our time

Because Santa Claus aka saint nick was proven to be a real person and it was also proven that "jesus" has nothing to do with December 25th.

You should be asking why Christianity celebrates so many pagan holidays when they aren't pagan.

They celebrate them because they've been absorbed into their religion. Christians unlike Jews can celebrate holidays outside of their religion aswell. It's really simple.

>Why do Atheists celebrate Christmas

>Why do Atheists celebrate Christmas ?

Why do Atheists celebrate Christmas ???

Cuz it's a pagan holiday you stole, and cuz I can celebrate any damn holiday I want because I want to faggot.

Why do people jump on trampolines?

Asking why atheists celebrate Christmas is like ask people who don't want kids why they still fuck.

Jesus wasn't born on christmas nigger, do some research.

And paid holidays

Because Atheists are hypocrites OP.

OP didn't steal anything. Christianity didn't steal anything. Some guy in the past syncretized it into their religion.

I.... have never thought about this

Dubs of wisdom.

exacly

Christmas was an attempt to assimilate a pagan holiday, since it’s easer that crusades. It’s a conjunction of Christ Mass, which is in 25 of December because it is a significant day in several cultures. It was actually a day of revely in Rome, so the put Christ’s Mass on that day to get Christians into church and keep them from having fun. Easter is pagan, too, but that’s for another time.

There's nothing Christian about buying and expecting gifts in the name of some dude flying around in a sleight pulled by reindeer. It's a holiday to give you something to look forward to and help you not kill yourself during the shortest days of the year.

because free shit...

XMAS was originaly a pagan holiday.

Cuz free food nigga

How many years have we had these same threads now. Fuck.

I celebrate Yule (or Jul in my native language). Not for any religious reasons, but because its fun and amazing!

Fuck off and go listen to your shitty black metal dungeon synth garbage

Why do people celebrate Halloween if they don't believe in ghosts?
Why do I celebrate St. Patrick's Day when I don't believe in the Irish?

This is the unironic answer. Just an excuse to bring friends and/or family together to hang out and eat and drink and be merry.

These threads are cancer lmao

Dude, what the fuck are you talking about? You don't believe in ghosts?

Yeah, no. That is what is called Stealing a holiday. You steal their traditions like Evergreen Trees and Yule Logs, Hanging Mistletoe and several other things. They lie and say that this is around the time that their jesus deity was born and boom, something that had no origin in Christianity has now stolen all the widely held traditions and places it under the umbrella of their jesus birth lie.

No christian gets to judge another person celebrating any holiday whatsoever, that is hypocrisy in the highest order.

No no, I'm ghostnostic. Ghosts could exist. It's the Irish I personally don't believe in.

Sure thing! Sorry to hear its not for you :)

Shut the fuck up fag. No one gives a shit about the stupid ass why do atheist threads. If their an atheist fuck them. Quit being a fucking retard and mind your own business. Atheist can celebrate whatever the fuck they want. Fuck off faggot. Find a new hobby

Oh god I need to burn my monitor now

When a holiday is celebrated and changed by another group it's not the same holiday and nothing has been taken from the original group. Christmas is a Christian holiday that has origins in another.

Fuck off, guy. Thanks to those religious people, I get 2 weeks off with pay and a holiday check bonus. I couldn't care less about what the holiday is actually about. Try harder, kiddo.

>implying people actually celebrate the birth of Jesus
>implying Xmas isn't a pagan holiday
>implying people should celebrate his death
>implying wtf is passover
>implying
>implying
>implying

I piss off my neighbors by lasting pic related.

at least post part 2 faggot

tradition

why Christians fap to this?

I don't. I wish more people didn't. I'm much happier around this time of year not having to worry about getting gifts to prove to people that I love them, and receiving gifts from them that are nice, but I would rather have just gotten nothing for them and used the money for things I actually need.

These threads are the cancer of Sup Forums, the internet and the world

half of the audience would roll for the chance to trigger the juice into your chair where you are bound tied ,spread,& wired with 150k volts ready to unload
the other half would charge pay per view 50 bucks admission to pals to see the event

>celebrate

define celebrate

Kek you fucking newfags

I don't celebrate christmas, I celebrate Jul you ctrl+C ctrl+V shit piece of religion

the girl in your pic is jewish, and the movie she is in is a pagan wetdream
why the fuck would any Christian keep using it?

Stop lying, user. Everyone knows Christ wasn't born in the winter.
Christmas for Christians is only meant to celebrate the birth in general.

why does anyone celebrate the fabricated greed portion of this holiday which have nothing to do with their religion. Guess they like them some false idols

wrong

Christmas is a pagan holiday to get the sun back and jesus(if he existed) was born in spetember.

/thread
Also I like to sync my boozing with other people.

September*

It's excuse to eat food and get drunk with the family, presents are to keep the children occupied while the adults enjoy themselves.