Christianity general

Christians, report! All denominations report in.

Anglicans, how do you feel about Prince Charles' plans to make the Church of England, the English Orthodox Church? Good? or bad?
youtube.com/watch?v=doCf0WYEKho

Other urls found in this thread:

disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/228024/jesus_called_the_chosen_people_sons_of_vipers_sons_of_devils/
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=L80lb1T0ecs
youtube.com/watch?v=5bVEXZ38Vs8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Orthodox desu is making a comeback,well growing

Fuck off Christfag

Episcopalian and I look forward to a more straight forward conservative approach to Christianity from the anglican communion

D-Do people still like the baptist?

What does Sup Forums think of Messianic Jews?

>Pretending Orthofags and cucklics are Christians
Wew lad

Roman Catholic here. Good to see more orthodoxy however I love all of my Christ loving brothers. Praise Jesus Hallelujah!

Better than Christ-denying Jews by a long shot, but still heretics

Don't Protestants have gay marriage now? Or is that up to each parish?

Greek Orthodox reporting!

What makes messianics heretics? Real Christians keep the sabbath, and keep the commandments of the Torah, but keeping kosher is literally a meme,

>Christianity: Religion of peace
>Islam: Religion of beheadings and blowing people up

Anglican liturgy is great. Are you part of ANCA?

Eastern Orthodox are just a group of pagan infiltrators not better than Romanists.

Episcopalian? Damn you guys are crazy liberal. Are you part of the Reformed Episcopal Church?

How do you love Christ but continue to stay in a state of ignorance about your mother church aka Rome?

Messianic Jews are heretics? Says the Papist

People like you ruin these threads by replying to dishonest atheists who don't have any sincere intention to discuss the faith with us.

If its unsacramental matrimony it doesnt matter anyways. Might as well be pinky swearing.

Christianity is the religion of normies.

Just got back from Sunday Vigil

Roman life for me!

What are your guys thoughts on Baptists? Started going to Church again. Heard Baptists were pretty Conservative. Tomorrow will be my third time.

I forget, what makes a Baptist a Baptist? Is it sufficient to go a black church with a crazy black dude playing a bass guitar cranked up to 10 while everybody's clapping and shouting and swaying to the groove?

t. not black but play the bass

Fuck up cunt I'm trying to shitpost here.

HAIL SATAN

> marriage is a sacrament
get out of here fr. luigi

> gloating that you're an unbeliever

Too reactionary for me. Also I believe in paedo/infant baptism so I am Reformed.

Reformed Baptists are the best bet. Sound theological teaching.

'sup joe

how strange I just woke up wondering about you

If you consider yourself a christian watch this video

disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/228024/jesus_called_the_chosen_people_sons_of_vipers_sons_of_devils/

Why assume im ignorant? Are you going to tell me the pope kisses feet? Or that there have been pedophile priests? Or muh crusades? Commie underground meetings? Sorcerers on peters throne?

All i know is the oldest church which also keeps the seven holy sacraments is where ill be staying

I'm really glad that a Christian nuclear family still holds positive connotations in today's work.

Keep doing God's work (literally), bros.

Christ is in our midst!

The day of Christ's Resurrection is the new Sabbath

baptism is just a symbol, communion is just a symbol, you can use any music, no infant baptism. Plus the common Protestant theology. That's about it.

Marriage is a sacrament in the CoE

>Don't Protestants have gay marriage now? Or is that up to each parish?

Protestantism isn't one thing, that's kind of the point. It depends on the denomination/church.

Don't Catholics kiss sandnigger feet now? Or is that just the head of your church?

A-user, sola scriptura isn't supported by the Bible.

> Muh 2 Timothy 3:16

Kek, Paul probably never wrote 2 Timothy, most biblical scholars agree that it is pseudonymous.

god isn't real. Grow up

What do you mean by "too reactionary"?

Too reactionary to other faiths you mean?

United Methodist lad here

Our General Conference once again kept our policy that Homosexuality goes against Christian teachings.

Our church also ordered all organizations affilliated with our denomination to withdraw from a Pro-Abortion Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice.

A lot of problems in our denomination, but those victories felt good lads.

I find it incorrect to seek a 'religion' that simply "suits you" or "is appealing" or just about anything but "true". If it's anything but true, you're finding some efficient ways to waste your fucking time in most cases.

Good stuff.

A type of Protestant that is primarily known by its rejection of the idea of sacraments.

Ayyy Paul

Ha I lit that candle for you m8

ow that edge

I'm Orthodox
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=L80lb1T0ecs

Why would you do such things?
Just go and lie on the internet.

> Why assume im ignorant?
Because you take a lot for granted.

> All i know is the oldest church which also keeps the seven holy sacraments is where ill be staying
By your line of reasoning so is the Anglican, EO and so are a few Lutheran dioceses.

Romanism is in direct contradiction with scripture.

Off the top of my head

- Justification is by works and faith
- Real presence/transubstantiation
- Mass/re-offering of Christ
- Celibate priesthood
- Venerating icons
- The Papacy
- The Virgin Mary's unmerited highly esteemed status (so even call her co-redemptrix)
- Idolatry (Scapular, Rosary - Demonic charms)

But if we are going to have any meaningful dialogue it must be done in regards to our authority. Mine is God's inerrant word/scripture, yours is the traditions of a heretical Roman church.

Jesus is Lord and Savior.

thanks mang, I wound up revising my earlier prayer while trying to go back to sleep.

Get out and have children.

>Real presence/transubstantiation
"Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink."

This is something I struggle with, user.

What do I do?

>Muh scripture is the only infallible authority.

Explain the 30,000 Protestant denominations who all insist they have the correct interpretation of the Bible, user.

Timothy wrote Timothy

It's funny how Protestants are accused of being liberal but EO and RC always push liberal theology.

Stop projecting your hate towards your father onto us.

They tried to get away from their Latin Christian roots, and just be different. Nothing to wrong they got most things right.

> Arminians
I would leave.

> I find it incorrect to seek a 'religion' that simply "suits you" or "is appealing" or just about anything but "true". If it's anything but true, you're finding some efficient ways to waste your fucking time in most cases.
Exactly. I cringe when I see people post that quiz about which denomination you should go to.

>A type of Protestant that is primarily known by its rejection of the idea of sacraments.
They're major reactionaries. They even named ordinances.

>75426254
>scripture

>interpretation of scripture

You answered your own question.

DESU Orthodox isn't that bad, the saint worship is still heretic tier but at least Orthodox tend to be pretty based.

For sure, enjoy tomorrow's service if you make it.

And go easy on the ladies ; )

Is Exodus 18:7 describing worship? What about Joshua 7:6?

WTF, I didn't write DESU I wrote DESU.

I don't waste time with terrible responses that even modern Roman apologists don't use.

The Bible teaches us that God teaches through both tradition as well as scripture.

Additionally, its a pretty typical argument for prots to just assume we actually worship saints or that the rosary is considered holy. Neither of these is true even among the most zealous Catholics. The rosary is just a meditation tool.

All of these things you listed are examples of tradition, which the Bible tells us can be a legitimate way of following His Word. I will concede that there are things within the Church that trouble me and cause me to doubt, but they are not great enough at the moment

Lol owned

Fuck off burger. If the doctrine of perspicuity was true, and the Bible was infallible, we should be able to have consistent theology across all denominations. Instead we've got a grab bag of whatever the hell the pastor believes plus maybe the board members.

Enlighten me user, I'd appreciate a sound argument, maybe it'll get me back into church tomorrow.

Either we are using different translations or I'm not quite sure what your point is.

T-B-H is what I was trying to say. This fucking board.

"And while they were eating, Jesus took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, "Take, eat; this is My body." 27 And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you; 28 for this is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for forgiveness of sins. 29 "But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom," (Matt. 26:26-29).

You're a newfag tbqh familia ^_^

>Either we are using different translations or I'm not quite sure what your point is.
That these passages are describing veneration, which is all we do with the saints.

Right, it's really his flesh and blood. Through communion with his flesh and blood, you become a physical and living part of his body, and therefore your body can inherit the Resurrection which was exclusive to his.

This

We honor great men and women from Christian history. Why forget the past lol?

Besides, apostates have saints. Martin Luther, Calvin, etc.

>if the Bible is infallible
>those who interpret it should be infallible

No. Are you high?

That's terribly circular

We have sola scriptura you guys have sola ecclesia

1. The Bible teaches the Roman church is the body of Christ on Earth
2. Rome interprets the Bible
3. Ergo the RCC is the true church
4. Thus only they can speak for Christianity

> Additionally, its a pretty typical argument for prots to just assume we actually worship saints or that the rosary is considered holy. Neither of these is true even among the most zealous Catholics. The rosary is just a meditation tool.
You have no idea how serious God takes his worship. He smited people for using the wrong incense. The way you guys treat dead saints borders on worship. You pray to them, when you could be praying to an infinite and eternal God?

> Enlighten me user, I'd appreciate a sound argument, maybe it'll get me back into church tomorrow.
Well your point presupposes that even within Roman Catholicism there is no differing views. Yet you have Catholics who support LGBT civil union.

The matter is all those denominations are appealing to scripture and it's on the basis of scripture we can decide to accept or reject them. Ergo it's a much safer bet to rely on it than the fallible teachings of man.

On top of that we don't differ too much. In fact we would consider all of us saved since we have rely on Jesus completely for our salvation.

It's just various traditions of thought that led to separate denominations. At most there are 30-50 denominations.

8-9 major ones.

Anglican/Episcopalian
Baptist
Methodist (off shoot of Anglicanism)
Calvinism/Presbyterianism
Lutheran
Pentecostal/Charismatic

It's not just about honor their memory, it is about joining with them in the communion of one Church, on earth as it is in heaven. We join in worship and prayer and form one body of believers with them

Well lets run through this:

>- Justification is by works and faith
No problem with this. God is the one, who, for his good purpose, works in you both to desire and to work.

>- Real presence/transubstantiation

How many times does Jesus have to reinforce the idea to you?

>- Mass/re-offering of Christ

Not a re-offering, it is a re-presentation.

>- Celibate priesthood

Is a discipline of one rite.

>- Venerating icons

?

>- The Papacy

At best you can argue that it's not explicitly in scripture, not that it's contradictory with it.

>- The Virgin Mary's unmerited highly esteemed status (so even call her co-redemptrix)

Co-redemptrix is not doctrinal. The theological opinions of some people are not representative of the church itself. The church holds to the doctrine of Immaculate Conception of Mary and the place of Mary in history as reason for her veneration. The belief of Immaculate Conception is an extrapolation upon previously known ideas in the Bible similar to how the Trinity is inferred. In this case, comparing the ark as an anticipation of Mary.

>- Idolatry (Scapular, Rosary - Demonic charms)

Mate, no one worships the scapular or rosary. They use those things TO worship.

I would recommend looking into the foundational ideas of different worldviews and see their arguments. If you have any specific groups or areas you want to study I can recommend some books to you.

Re-read it. "I will not drink of this fruit of the vine". What's Jesus saying there after metaphorically referring to the wine as his blood. He states right off the bat its just wine.

Protestants and evangelicals on big numbers are converting to orthodoxy due to the emptiness it brings...orthodoxy is the way famalam

>I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live; And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die."

What did He mean Sup Forums

I wish we'd stop infighting.

Literally surround by demons from all sides, and all we can do is tear each other down.

>John 17:20-21 "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me."
> all of them may be one
> one

If you seriously believe that the Bible is the infallible word of God, and is the only source required for the formation of correct doctrine, then you can't casually just dismiss the fact that there is more than one set of beliefs associated with Christianity. People can misinterpret scripture, but the plumb line of truth only allows for one. So which denomination has it right? Either there are seven sacraments or there aren't. Either salvation includes works, or it doesn't.

The problem with infallible scripture is that it gives anyone who interprets it enormous power over anyone who listens to them. Provided they can make a compelling case for why their intepretation is the correct one, you can get people to do just about damn well anything.

t. Former Protestant

But Transubstantiation doesn't state it's not the form of wine either. To say it's not the form of wine would be "transFORMation"

> No problem with this. God is the one, who, for his good purpose, works in you both to desire and to work.
Good that you understood as Protestants we don't advocate salvation without works. But you're evading the matter.

How we are justified is by our faith alone that God predestines us to have.

Eph 2:8. Rom 3:28, Rom 5:1, Hab. 2:4, Rom 4:2, Gal. 2:21

> How many times does Jesus have to reinforce the idea to you?
Matt. 26:29. The fruit of the vine.

Also since Jesus was being held accountable under the Levitical law which forbade cannibalism he couldn't have ordain this.

Lev. 26:27-30

> Not a re-offering, it is a re-presentation.
A propitiatory sacrifice that puts you in right standing with God as so its claimed.

Hebrews:10:1-19 but specifically v. 12 teaches that Jesus was the final sacrifice.

> Is a discipline of one rite.
A vow of celibacy is fine as long as it's made a requirement.
Also the Romish view of sex is stupid given that sex is meant to be enjoyed by a wife and husband outside of the purpose of recreation.

> ?
Keeping statues of the virgin Mary that were actually demonic apparition and bowing before them when you do the sign of the cross.

> At best you can argue that it's not explicitly in scripture, not that it's contradictory with it.
The idea a mortal man can assume the lordship of Christ on Earth is blasphemous. I can't imagine going before God one day to account for my sins and explaining that to him.

> Co-redemptrix is not doctrinal. The theological opinions of some people are not representative of the church itself. The church holds to the doctrine of Immaculate Conception of Mary and the place of Mary in history as reason for her veneration. The belief of Immaculate Conception is an extrapolation upon previously known ideas in the Bible similar to how the Trinity is inferred. In this case, comparing the ark as an anticipation of Mary.
Cont 1/2

Orthodoxy is a fad

Catholics get the pope we deserve

God is punishing us for being liberals and theologically weak…so we can a terrible modernist pope

This is God's way of testing the faithful

Look at Catholic Church history…there is almost never a time when something isn't happening

We will survive the dark ages of modernism and emerge stronger than ever

Abandoning the church and jumping ship is not the answer to the modern liberalism

Catholics need to return to the basics and the best way to do that is to find a church that says the Latin Mass. Get involved with the traditional movement within the church so we can get rid of Vatican II

>He smited people for using the wrong incense
Before the blood covenant. Nobody prays to saints to grant them things or forgive them of things. Humans on earth pray to God, resurrected saints in Heaven also pray to God. We mention them in prayers in hope that they pray with and for us, to God. Also something that you think is "near" worship still isnt worship. Your argument is weakening.

Also sola scriptura just doesnt work.
2 thess 2:15

Jesus is a myth hystoricized for social control

What's the most based branch of Christianity

Then from EO to atheism. EO suffers from extreme nominalism the smells and bells of the liturgy dies off pretty quickly and an inter generational gap will surely kill it.

> Mate, no one worships the scapular or rosary. They use those things TO worship.
I know but theses are stupid. The scapular which was given to Rome during a demonic apparition of Mary says that if you die wearing it Mary will come take you to heaven.

Who ever believes in Jesus and nothing else for their rightstanding before a holy and just God will be saved.

How so? The Roman church is the strong arm of Satan.

> People can misinterpret scripture, but the plumb line of truth only allows for one.
You assume their interpretations are just as arbitrary as yours. They use exegetical and theological arguments for their beliefs. Ergo we always have something to fall back on. Also inerrancy only extends to the original autographs.

> So which denomination has it right?
There are degrees of rightness. I think Anglicans are right but Presbyterians are righter.

> The problem with infallible scripture is that it gives anyone who interprets it enormous power over anyone who listens to them
Yep. That's just how it is. The Bible and the church fathers have taught the perspicuity of the Bible.

> Provided they can make a compelling case for why their intepretation is the correct one, you can get people to do just about damn well anything.
Well if it's correct then that's okay.

> t. Former Protestant
You're no different than those atheists who went to Sunday school and think they know Christianity.

I can't understand what you've written?

It's unfortunate that instead of finding Christ you have find the carcass of a church that know preaches a false gospel and pushes its heretical tradition.

> 2 thess 2:15
Again I don't waste time debating Papists over such lazy arguments. If you aren't going to engage a Protestant exegesis of that I won't bother with you. Search Calvin's commentaries they're in the public domain.

What's like being on the fringe of unbelieving NT scholarship?

Anglicanism.

>faith alone
>predestination
>jesus axiomatically jewish teachings
>having a leader is blasphemy
>sex with no intent to reproduce

This is some weapons grade heresy

Orthodox or Catholic. I'm currently non-denominational but I want to convert to one of them. Not sure what to do about current Pope's modernism though

I'm a confirmed catholic. I go to church not because I believe but because I want to find a wife who is not a slut

Close your eyes and picture Ben

Not an argument.

But also "having a leader is blasphemy".

Historically there were all presbyters/elders and deacons. The three folder ministry of bishop, priest and deacon emerged later. I am a pragmatist about church polity in fact I favor the episcopal polity.

What's your reason for unbelief?

That's pretty unfair to her

Why?

youtube.com/watch?v=5bVEXZ38Vs8

ROMAN CATHOLICISM DEBUNKED

Because Protestant sermons I always wonder what percentage of the sermon is absolutely true. I feel like a degree of opinion and contingency find their way in. I'd rather trust a church with millennia of scriptures and teachings to fall back on.

To be fair though Anglicanism and the conservative Lutherans are the top-tier of Protestantism to me.

how can people deny the existence of God when he is browsing right now?

Christfags are the definition of delusional. Fuck your indoctrinated shit brains. Pic related

Enjoy hell

> inerrancy only applies to the autographs

So then we are only arguing about an abstraction. Reality is that we have books in the Bible that probably weren't written by St./Apostle Paul, and I don't see any experts in Biblical criticism arguing that the Bible which millions, if not billions of normies read everyday is infallible. So any errors, misprints, theological corruption, etc. is amplified due to the sheer volume of people which believe that what they are reading is trustworthy, which is then further corrupted by the different denominations which still can't agree on consistent soteriology/echatology/christology/hamartiology etc.

> fedora detected
If I had to pick, I'd describe myself as a Spinozist. The eternal Jew had some pretty cool ideas about God fampai.

Been thinking of going back to religion. The only churches in my area are Lutheran, Presbyterian, Baptist and Catholic

Well i tried quoting scripture and you didnt consider that an argument either. Its no wonder youre a master at internet debating.

You're fucking retarded. Its disgusting how your religion survives by indoctrinating children, and having them grow up with a preset of beliefs. You close minded ignorant fuck

It's not too late to be forgiven

Don't cut yourself with that edge, kid

It's not to late to wake up.

Chtistfags get out!

Enlightened

God knows what you are going to post before you even post it

When you die and are judged…

He pulls out a giant book of all your postings and reads them to you

Keep that in mind when you post anime weeaboo faggots