MATCH OF THE DAY THREAD

On in 5 minutes on BBC One.

>Dan Walker presents Premier League highlights, including Bournemouth v Middlesbrough, Hull v Watford, Swansea v Stoke and West Ham v Everton.

>red card for that

Should be investigated.

Fucking hell, thought it started at twenty past

>Capoo

Bobby Madley was awful today. Hope the Asian betting syndicate he is in cahoots with rips one of his limbs off.

Non-stop football tomorrow.

Why do the BBC feel it right to pay Gary Linecuck £2m pa when they can have someone else present MOTD?

No one watches this program simply for Gary.

I really want Hull to stay up. I like Silva and some of the Hull players are fun to watch, like Maguire.

Watford aren't very good

Hope Hull stay up. Won't forget what those pricks on Soccer Saturday were saying about Marco Silva when he was appointed.

UP THE 'ULL

I want to fuck mazzaris translator

>old firm at mid-day
>arsenal - city at 3pm
>crystanbull at half 4
>el classico at 7.45

I'm fucking desperate. We go down and this all falls apart, players, staff, manager.

I reminder of Paul Merson and Phil Thompson's expert punditry:

>What makes Marco Silva any different to Gary Rowlett?
>What does he know about Hull or the Premier League?
>I could win the league with Olympiakos
>It's baffling when there's a lot of people out there who know about the Premier League. He's not got a clue
>He doesn't know what's required
>It's another slap in the face to all our English coaches and managers. This is embarrassing to football

>muh national treasure
etc

Also maybe hes part of the pedo ring or just has big knowledge on it.

>Also maybe hes part of the pedo ring or just has big knowledge on it.
Is that the skeleton in the closet so many talk about?

maguire, robertson, grosicki, hernandez will all get sold too, and all the loans would be away as well. you'd be starting with a brand new xi basically

When did this alt-right faggotry come to Sup Forums? Gary used to be liked here and for good reason. Fuck off back to Sup Forums.

>Gary used to be liked here and for good reason.

Was he? Was it?
He's a very replaceable, lazy, presenter.

You mean bartons tweets? Maybe.

Sorry lads not watching this week. Comfy in a room with no TV

watch it on iplayer you clown

no shame in failing your tv license exam m8

better luck next time

To be honest, I'm thinking about supporting Hull. I've never supported a club. Hull are a decent set of players, they seem to be trying hard and look like they could actually build something.

Fergie mentioned something about Lineker many years back that attracted a lot of attention

Don't do this to yourself

Is disliking Lineker "alt-right faggotry" now?

My buddy supports Coventry so I go to their games now and then and half follow them. Believe me, I've seen hell.

Anons haven't changed. Gary did. He used to be le easy going banter man. He's become very openly political recently. Which he has a right to do; people have the right to think he's an out of touch prick for holding such opinions though.

Still at the stadium

disliking his punditry because of his twitter feed is

that would be unironic ad-hominem

>inter

He's not a pundit. He is a television presenter.

>Ferguson said Lineker was childish because he tried to stop "stuff" getting into newspapers.

>He said: "I remember Gary Lineker... a bright boy from the BBC... says I'm childish.

>"Well, he should know about that himself – he's been subjected to a lot of stuff in the media himself.

>"I know he's had stuff stopped from getting in newspapers from time to time, so he'll understand what childishness means, because he is childish."

What did Fergie mean by this?

Couldn't put it better.

Relegation will kill >us.

>out of touch
>alt-right is based upon conservatism and 'traditional' values over progressiveness
>alrighty then.jpg

He's not a pundit, he's a presenter, and he's pretty annoying with his shitty, smug in-jokes and animated arm-waving.

Why though £2m a year when others can do what he does?

Why are you convinced the alt-right mememen are the only ones that dislike GL?

Exactly. More chance of someone buying the club in the PL too.

Fucking Allams, I'd love to test Ehab's chin

>you now remember the days when MOTD on Sup Forums used to get through 2 threads
>now we can barely muster 100 posts

SAD!

that 2m could go to the nhs

shat on the press

>tfw no more late night post-MOTD threads reaching 1000+ replies after its over

It's scary because it feels like most of Sup Forums got a job when I did, it's like you guys aren't real.

middlesbrough are even worse than sunderland. fancy them to finish bottom

Because on his Twitter he comes out in support of everything the alt-right opposes, which is why he's disliked here (presumably).

You're the only one talking about ""the alt right"".

Criticism of Lineker being out of touch is usually in relation to the lifestyle and money he has now accompanied by his political stances.

>middlesborough
I thought I was on chanel 5 for a moment
Hahahaha

The threads are always bigger at the start of seasons. At this time of year, all the big teams are playing on Sundays.

>underestimating the power of >moyes

I just generally don't post as much as I used to. I'd probably make an average of like 20-30 non match thread posts a day on Sup Forums, now I barely make 10.

I don't necessarily think it's alt-right, unless you think everyone that challenges him on Twitter is alt-right too.

He's just typical of that sort of smarmy virtual signalling high-profile celeb that assume they know right

I'm amazed Paul Merson is even listened to, let alone paid millions to talk absolute shit

I remember when these threads used to basically be tripfag circle jerks. Heisenberg, Anonymoose, Hansa, .Irish... anyone remember? Who am I forgetting? I had a trip too but can't even remember it. So old :(

Do you know that virtually no one on Sup Forums defines themselves as """alt right"""?

That's not the reason people are leaving Sup Forums, and it's the constant infestation of Sup Forums shit in every fucking thread, even this one. Every Tom, Dick and Jerry thinks the world needs to hear their political views. Mates don't discuss politics

pls dont come back up boro

names are given, offence is taken

Chelsea manager, Baba, Manchester, Gooner, SkrtelPower, COM/CFY, COYS, Kepaw. I can't believe I still remember this shit.

>those tinychat circlejerks

>Gary Rowlett

No offense to fans of these teams intended, but today is one of the shittest fixtures for a PL Saturday lineup I remember though. The actual 'match of the day' was in an entirely different competition.

Sup Forums is being deserted because of the autistic moderation and the tedium of endless generals. Sup Forums content is on other boards just as much as Sup Forums and those boards aren't declining in posts or visits.

They're one of the worst PL teams ever.

Dunno desu, I simply have nothing to say.

The games were pretty okay though. Plenty of goals

Aww man I forgot loads! Those days were a lot of fun especially in the run up to World Cups.

Van Persie was like a little kid in his first year at United - surrounded by so many winners. It was like he had just realised that every season doesn't have to end in a February collapse.

>it's the constant infestation of Sup Forums shit in every fucking thread

There's a lower standard of discourse across the board(s) but I don't think it's directly to do with Sup Forums 'leaking' or whatever - I think it's Sup Forums being part of the zeitgeist, DUE to Sup Forums, and it's attracting too many new users with YT-commenter-tier logic and intelligence.

What team do you support? Bet I can guess what trip you used to be (unless you were totally forgettable)

Can't imagine how dejected he must have felt when Fergie left a year later only to have him replaced with fucking Moyes

Cheb. lads

Tripdrama was fucking terrible. You're a sad cunt if you're reminiscing about that.

no it's the flood of edgy alt right redditors that found their retarded hugbox

delete Sup Forums and the cucks will find some other place for their echo chamber

Semen slurpin

Gonna miss the first half of Arse/City tomorrow because if starts before the United game finishes.

>you now remember SkrtelPower shitting himself after a Facebook fanpage threatened him over a negrito video he made
That was hilarious.

>Can't imagine how dejected he must have felt when Fergie left a year later only to have him replaced with fucking Moyes
He knew it was coming
Rvp was a retirement gift by wenger to fergie

Sup Forums is the furthest thing from an echo chamber.

There are rolling communist and lefty generals there.

>remembering tripfags fondly
>remembering tripfags at all

Hull City but I'm not sure how vocal I was about that!

Watch out Arsenal, we're coming for you!

Moderation has to be reduced if Sup Forums is going to be saved. There's very little point in being here when there's not a game on.

Sergeant Autism on the mod team seems to spend all his time on Sup Forums. He deletes harmless banter threads - that relate to sport - if someone's taking the piss out of an American athlete or American sports.

Why are you using exclamation points? Are you autistic?

Yeah don't think I could ever guess you. Oh well.

Hoping for a Arsenal win desu

What's with the paintbrush gag? Doesn't he know Ross Barkley's grandfather was a paintbrush?

I think Chelsea will win the final either way.

Spurs were deffo the toughest team left, but I really hate seeing Chelsea play against City

>Why are you using exclamation points? Are you autistic?

When people get hung up on minor details, they themselves often come across as ACTUALLY autistic

Just something to bear in mind for future, like.

What was the point of green texting the response when you were replying to all of it?

You really are autistic.