What exactly makes pop-punk "pop"?

What exactly makes pop-punk "pop"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ee_uujKuJMI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's popular

A better question would be what makes it punk?

A lot of "true" punk bands are popular.

>what makes it punk?
Everything?
youtu.be/Ee_uujKuJMI

>that clean pop production
>that high-budget music video
>censoring the word fuck
There is nothing punk about this video.

But dude come on it's self aware.
>that show of the cameras in the beginning
They censored the word fuck as commentary on how we shield our children from the real world. If they're expected not to hear the word fuck how will they handle the inevitable collapse of the government?

They jumped because other pop punk bands were pulling that shit and they were making fun of how gay it looks.

They fucking predicted Trumps election for christsake dude.
"Another part of the red neck agenda"
That ain't no fucking coincedince dude.

And the funny faces the drummer is making appeals to the children who can now watch this video simpley because they censored a word and is a commentary on how much of a fucking joke america is as a nation at this point.

The green paint represents individuality. Once the green paint is washed away, everyone is the same, except for Green Day who are drenched in it due to them saying "F**k you " to the system and just being themselves. However there are other people being drenched in green paint as well, these people and green day are the only true individuals left in society and everyone else is a mindless drone

You are top fucking stupid if you think this isn't true punk.

Green Day is trash

terrible post

t. mindless capitalist pig societal drone republican voting sister fucking truck driving beer drinking fascist scum

What you don't like is pop-punk

>You are top fucking stupid if you think this isn't true punk.
get a load of this fucking spaz lmao

wew lad

>Just throw insults to counter-argument
Not even him, his theory is obviously far-fetched, especially seeing how the drummer is known for making retarded faces all the time, on tour as well, it is his gimmick, but you need to try harder at least f a m s.

Green Day censoring the word isn't a commentatory on anything, it is just kinda what you need to do to get main-stream air-play

"I've deduced that Green Day is trash"
- Karl Marx, 1871

Based user dropping the red pills.

is this copypasta

no

you gotta be 18 to post here man

i pulled some words out of my ass for those sweet sweet (You)s. Thanks for being complete gullible idiots without fail and reinforcing my faith in my shitposting abilities.

musically it's the exact same thing as the original punk rock. basing a genre definition around an ideology is fucking stupid

It is too produced for pop and also too melodic

I meant for "punk

I'm a part of what some people call the "alt-right" and it feels punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.

Pop-punk is the worst genre in history. Except Sum-41 is alright.