Can BASEBALL be FIXED to not make it the most BORING sport on earth?

Can BASEBALL be FIXED to not make it the most BORING sport on earth?

ask your locald rug dealer for some adderall pills

You are saying it isn't boring?

yep

Do you take autism pills?

Does Dexedrine count as autism pills?

Baseball needs a timer in pitches. Right now it's:
>pitcher looks around
>spits
>looks around
>throws ball to first
>looks around some more
>throws pitch
>ball
>looks around
>coach comes up
>they talk for a minute
>throws ball to first again
>looks around
>fake throws to first
>throws pitch
>ball 2

If they had to throw a pitch every 20 seconds it'd be a good sport.

imagine watching baseball while high from that Judge Dredd drug that makes 1 second feels like 1 minute

Maximum wewerdrive.

Replace the pitcher with a ball canon.

For every HR a group of little people in full uniform have to fist fight.
For every K two women start going to town on each other.

Yes.

20 seconds still seems too slow.

Whatever. We can do 10 seconds if you want. I'm not married to 20. But it takes at least 5 to throw the ball back to the pitcher and everything.

What if the pitcher has multiple balls? Like Ash Ketchum.

just let them roid up again

How will that fix the boredom? it was still boring when they roided.

yeah you're right I just like dingers

idk the solution, I only watch baseball during the playoffs

but yeah its pretty boring

-No more retarded "unwritten rules" horseshit between players. If you plunk a player for a bat flip or a homer or in retribution for a unintentionally hit player you get tossed immediately, no warnings
-Pitch clock
-Auto ump calling balls and strikes
-Intentional walks are now one pitch out of box to the catcher, take your base
-If you manage a steal, you get to advance to third. Punishment for shitty pitchers/teams and makes the game more exciting by putting the runner in immediate scoring position
-No more drawn out ABs. After the fifth foul ball it's an out
-Extra innings, done. You get a tenth inning to settle shit, if it's still tied it's a Home Run Derby sudden death

Join a fantasy league.

>unwritten rules are dumb, but no
>yes
>no
>even worse than what they have now
>fuck no
>double fuck no
>infinite fuck no

no luck, said he only deals in persians and orientals

Seven Inning Games.

Won't happen because of both
>MUH TRADITION
>MUH SEASON RECORDS WILL NEVER BE BROKEN

But a version of baseball that rewards the best starting pitchers, lessens the bullpen shenanigans and just plain doesn't run as long is a far more interesting sport.

can't they just average and extrapolate the #'s?

woops, meant to reply to

not possible. and I actually enjoy cricket even though I don't understand some of it. I think it has to do with the run:hit ratio, and how heavily a successful hit is weighed depending on loaded bases. you're literally waiting for a handful of good hits that will determine the game, whereas in cricket it's a slow but constant burn with hundreds of runs.

Congratulations this is one of the worst posts ever made on this website

>Reddit-americans

Like it or not, these rules would save boreball and allow it to survive future generations, more than it would by staying the current path, by fixing it to appeal more to under 30 year olds and their children with a faster, more exciting game

This is according to the thread topic, now see yourself out, dinosaurs

Hockey is definitely the most boring sport on Earth which is impressive when you factor in that they literally legalized fighting.

You're not /golf/, that fuck are you doing here?

wouldn't a pitch clock mess up stealing bases?

would pitchers just stare down players on base until the clock was :01 and then pitch?

not a sport

>hired little people
the women can be anyone from the crowd, right?

little crowd sourcing, and we could start that this year, maybe get Vince McMahon involved

ha, drink more while watching the game op

There's nothing wrong with baseball. Its design is nearly flawless.

All that needs to be "fixed" is:

>Umps linked up with Pitchtrax

>Pace of play rules enforced. Watch any old baseball game, and pitchers took about 10-15 seconds between pitches. I agree there's too much dawdling in the modern game.

That aside, baseball is fine.

those are not really fights, though

they're more like people in fancy armours shaking arms at each others

Looks like we are on the same page bro. Maybe even have a venomous snake day for the first 10,000 to throw on the field during the 7th inning stretch of a 0 0 game.

are people getting hit in the face?

if so, it's a fight, just not a regulated fight

Is this satire? What the fuck?

Baseball should be played in two innings under cricket scheme

There is a timer. The pitcher has 14 seconds to do something with the ball.

Play with 2 balls

Thats what your mom does every day, and she is still boring as fuck.

It's the fuckin truth

- 7 innings.
- Enforce a faster pitch clock.

I'll kick your ass kid

Bring it Juanito.

Spit ball night. The losing team has to line up and the entire stadium gets to shoot spit balls. The losing World Series teams gets .177 shot at them

10/10....user gets it.

MLB attendance was over 73 million in 2016. I don't think it needs fixing.

Compared to Soccer and Basketball how much is it?

I've NEVER seen a Baseball match with a full stadium.

You should watch more baseball games then

A lot more. Average MLB attendance only loses out to the average NFL, Bundesliga and Premier League attendances.
And in total attendance it blows literally everything else out of the water, but that's also because it has way more games.

needs more commercials

yep...MLB crushes in re attendance.

2017 average per game attendance was 31,000. That's over 162 games mind you.

if a south redditmerican thinks it's boring then it's probably a fairly tactical and entertaining sport already

Outdated picture but don't think much has significantly changed.

MLB's attendance spikes in the warm months. The stadiums are not going to be full in April.

It's the comfy sport
It has its moments of excitement but it is almost always comfy

>but that's also because it has way more games.
So they don't really have higher attendance then, just more games.

What fucking part of average attendance don't you get, weedman?
Also, see

>basedball
>boring
>things faggot plebs say

DESU a majority of people i know go to baseball games when they have nothing else to do.

>Major League Baseball
>Games: 2,425
>Total
attendance: 73,159,068

>Premier League
>Games: 380
>Total attendance: 13,851,698

Shut the fuck up retards, look at the abysmal game difference.

>Uruguayan schools don't teach averaging

Yeah i bet if you added 10 TEAMS and 2045 GAMES to the Premier League it would have less attendance than baseball....

cec

this

The game needs some sort of time limit. Right now, it takes about a minute between pitches. This is simply unacceptable. If boreball players were real athletes, they would be able to compete at a faster pace. If I were king, I would enforce a strict ten second limit between each pitch. If a pitcher takes longer than ten seconds to throw the ball, the batter gets an automatic walk.

This simple fix would make games more exciting and shorter. A typical boreball game would now be around 40 minutes long (save for commercials and inning changes), and would be far more athletic. A win-win for everybody.

Its still more interesting than soccer

Yeah, thats why only mexican immigrants play baseball and everyone in the world plays football (the real one, not handegg.)

>If a pitcher takes longer than ten seconds to throw the ball, the batter gets an automatic walk.

This would probably result in 10 hour games and teams would score 90 runs a game

I meant to say Mexican intellectuals, sorry.

That's pretty similar? What is your point?

>abysmal game difference.

Can you please write in legible English?

a·bys·mal (ə-bĭz′məl)
adj.
1. Resembling an abyss in depth; unfathomable.
2. Very profound; limitless: abysmal misery.
3. Very bad: an abysmal performance.
a·bys′mal·ly adv.

English is my second language and i have a bigger vocabulary than you? fucking pathetic, go back to Mexico Juanito.

Is it possible to join one during the season?

And cubans, japs, koreans, rest of the carribean.

But stay assblasted spic friend :^)

>using depth to compare two integers

It's fun to have on in the background, seriously, it's the perfect background sport.
It gets tense when certain things happen, such as a no-hitter or a close game, and that is fun to watch.

No, it should just die
This isn't the 1900s anymore and people have way more outlets to entertain themselves with than this boring and shitty game.
The only people who still watch it are those who watched it with their dads growing up, so they have been indoctrinated into thinking it's fun.

Premier League attendance
>13,851,698
AAA baseball attendance
>13,829,761

Extrapolate your opinions.

My proposal
>substitute grass with ice
>put players on skates
>add physical contact and fights

Is this the Onion?

Soccer is the most boring sport followed by baseball.

Finnish it
American sport journalist wrote that pesäpallo is like baseball without wasted time

each ball catched is a point for the striking team, each ball hit with the bat is a point for the receiving tea. Each base is 2 points, the last base is 5 points.
The match lastes 2 hours divided in 4 quarters. Each wuarter a team pitches and the other catches. If the pitcher takes more than 20 seconds to throw the ball it's a point for the other team. The team with more points at the end of the 2 hours wins.

What if the sport is actually fine and out attention span is fucked because of Sup Forums or cancerbook?

>Intentional walks are now one pitch out of box to the catcher, take your base

Intentional walks have been approved by the MLB. The manager simply signals the ump if he wants to walk a batter.

Baseball is the most normie/casual game to see live. I think every American has been to a minor/major league game in their life at least once. It's easy to follow even for kids, a relaxed atmosphere, feels very American, you get the ballpark experience, etc.

actually that'd mean more hits, making the game longer.

a game with really strong defense will last about 2.5 hours. Good offense makes a game go 3+ hours.

ITT: People who have never played baseball

It's a man's game. You can fail 7 out of 10 times and be great.

If you get hit with a pitch and grimace, you're a fucking pussy.

I'm going to die of cancer after reading this.

Stick to NBA you fucking cuck

Pretty much this.

>Uruguayan education

>ITT: People that have never watched a game of baseball, and that will never care to watch a game of baseball regardless of the changes made try to "fix" it

>You can fail 7 out of 10 times and be great.