HH2017

I'm trying to catch up, I've slept on a bunch of releases from my go-tos. Pic related is my favorite so far

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YLL7s-NEHro
youtube.com/watch?v=MNMtl0Ve--Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i like him better in short doses i suppose, but about half of this is fucking brilliant

That album is dope, but as far as that whole crew/scene goes, Milo blew everyone out of the water this year. Check out his new album if you haven't OP

best thing he did since Good Son imo, not that he's released a bad record

I haven't cracked it open yet man, gave it 2-3 spins and I'm digging the eagle record way more so far. I'll keep at it though

seems this album went under everyone's radar this year

don't know what's going on with the shitty mastering on this one but even so it's great stuff, i think in 2-3 years roc will be top 5 material

i've read a couple "top 50 of 2017" lists from various publications that snubbed this and the staples record, no clue what's up with that

woods and eagle are playing an hour away on a wednesday night, might have to man up and do it

dude is as dense as they get, on a streak too, this is like the 6th essential thing he's done in 2 years

Serengeti's up to all sorts of interesting shit but at this point it's barely related to hip hop. At any rate if you follow the Kenny Dennis mythology, Jueles has her first album out this year
youtube.com/watch?v=YLL7s-NEHro

Geti dropped the Kaleidoscope EP but again, it's an indie pop record with an occasional hip hop verse. Not bad though
youtube.com/watch?v=MNMtl0Ve--Y

same for me. im gonna do it

the echo?

>milo blowing anything except himself

hell yeah

my dude. fuck it i'm in

Man, I'm so bummed I can't go. Living 3 hours away from a major city is the worst when it comes to concerts, because it's too far away to just go on a whim and it's not far away enough for any concert bookers to justify booking a closer show.

what part of the city you in?

I literally live where I do to circumvent that problem, like upended my entire life and started over because I couldn't take it.

I have no regrets by the way

belmont heights, long beach

Mike's comin' to my city but I'm only 19 :/

Im in LA (the valley) and just hop on the train and I'm in Hollywood in 10 mins, downtown in 30 pretty great.

don't worry dude you'll have plenty of shows you'll miss because you were too lazy or bought tickets and forgot what night it was etc when you're older, you'll look back on this as the glory days

We wuz project housing n shiiet

kinda overwhelmed right now, i slept on so much shit this year wtf

Didn't go under Sup Forumss radar atleast

the last track on this record is fucking insane

Incredible album through and through. my pick for the year as well.

sure, because in general Sup Forumss alt rap radar consists of hellfyre and odd future

should be responding to

i'm too drunk to be posting obviously.
anyway here's another one you probably missed, holy shit the dude's voice is perfect though.

file this next to schoolboy q on my list of brilliant hip hop records that i will never work into my regular rotation because i just don't relate to the vibe on a fundamental level. shit is fucking pure brilliant though i'll admit

and shabazz did a use your illusion??? holy fuck how did i miss all this

It's still just as industrial, noisy, and despondent as before and I love it

tell me more

Is it political? Is it about /currentyear/?

Every Dalek album has been political. Endangered Philosophies touches on current racial tensions in the US and some lowkey TRONGLE BURMPF references. I don't mind though. I've always listened to Dalek for the instrumentation over the lyrics.

Man I need to listen to more. These are the only albums that made it into my RYM top 50 for the year so far, although I still need to spend some more time with dalek & shabazz before I rate, as well as check out that new Aesop Rock & Homeboy Sandman EP

Ready to get shat on for Revenge and More Life being so high

Uhh, not sure how Chinoiseries 3 ended up in there

royce da 5'9" - bar exam 4
it's long as fuck but definitely worth listening to, probably will end up in my top 10

also you guys should listen to the new injury reserve album, it came out a couple hours ago

This is not what I was expecting

Sounds great - if that gig were near me (not US) I would definitely at least buy a ticket, and then consider even leaving the house to go (I have about a 50% success rate this year of going to gigs I have paid for)

No Selling is the best rap song of the year so far imo

I started going to concerts at 14 who gives a shit

This is possibly Quelle's best yet.

He just released pic related which he produced in it's entirety. Worth checking for sure.