Have you ever seen a black math major?

Do they even exit?

Do Math majors *really* make that kind of money?

>mfw I was on the Math Olympics and reached the Provincial finals (in the most populous province in the country)
>mfw I loved Math
>mfw I fell for the Accounting meme

math majors making shit tons of cash is just a meme to keep them motivated and not contemplate suicide

Brexit

same goes for economics. shit tons of people study it, relatively few actually make it big.

>Do Math majors *really* make that kind of money?
Yes, if you have a math first degree and an advanced degree in a math type subject, you could go into trading, to a hedge fund, etc. You could make serious money.

If you just have a math major from a mediocre college, no, you will not make any money. You can be a teacher, but that is it.

why the fuck would you go accounting if you were smart enough to do literally anything better

Math majors are rarely just that, a lot of them have another diplom in engineering or computer science.

I was going to the highest-rated university in the country.

Good to know, maybe there's still time for me to do both.

Accountants are in high demand here, and accordingly well paid.

We are flooded with business administration degrees, finance, economists, but nobody goes into accounting for some weird reason. Probably because everyone thinks like you.

Pic is average hourly wages for accounting by country, by the way.

>business administration degrees, finance, economists
>better

well clearly these aren't the people thinking like me

How well are accountants paid relative to the typical moneybait fields like medicine/law/engineering?

It's not that they make that kind of money because they're math majors or because they're involved with math on their job. Rather it's their general intelligence that allowed them both to major in math and score such lucrative jobs after.

Some do. Banks like to hire them.

Depends what engineering...

Civil Engineers and Oil Engineers are the highest paying degrees in the country. Those make money by the boatload.

Then would probably come some fields of medicine, like plastic surgeons, then accounting, then IT engineers.

Law is well paid but way below.

One of my professors at university was a black guy. I was studying maths. He's a research professor there.

There was also a young African guy who I guess must have been a PhD student or something, who helped out with the computational mathematics courses.

Reminder to fellow Americans that you are dragging down our country's genetic stock if you scored below 760 on the math section of the SAT.

no they do not, not pure math majors. take some business courses too and you're good to go.

economics, the best way to make it big without studying too hard!

I make like 45k ands It was 3 weeks of school and I haven't even hit my 1 year anniversary working. Get fucked college boys. Pay your Jewish overlords

Apparently, my math SAT scores are on par with math majors.

I went for economics instead.

Hm.

lol when you get your math major you'll be competing with super autismos so enjoy no job

I've met a black lawyer and a black doctor, but never anything in STEM. Even when black people are smart enough to do STEM they are still too easily bored. Hence smart black people pick careers like law and medicine rather than engineering, science, etc

Yes. At least 2 people currently majoring in it - plus my mum is a math teacher at a university and there are multiple black people in her department, both Africans and African Americans. I grew up in Baltimore so I had a lot of black teachers in general in high school, my trigonometry and my stats teacher were black

I started at $60k a year two months after I graduated with a math degree in 2010.

I program PLCs and beat out 100 electrical engineering majors kek. My boss hates EEs and prefers math/physics people, even though this is traditionally a EE field.