TIL: In the italian version of Inglorious Basterds the baseball bat scene was cut...

>TIL: In the italian version of Inglorious Basterds the baseball bat scene was cut, because Italians don't have a word for 'bravery'

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=krtnt191Drg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That movie made me feel sorry for Nazis and I'm not even white desu.

That's because Tarantino is a hack who can only make indulgent trash.

>bashes your skull

>people talk about the worst tarantino movie but nobody will talk about reservoir dogs
Sad

That movie was shit

>hurr durr nazi skalps

*muffled sound of hand-rubbing in the background*

Superior Quentin film coming through

This movie was good but it wasn't Tarantino™ good imo

Was a great movie but hard to make conversation out of. Other than the gas scene there weren't any of those big moments that make for decent conversation.

>TIL
Fuck off back to red.dit you retarded moron

Yeah, but at least he is good enough to even discuss it. Not the op (((movie)))

coraggio
audacia

>Inglorious Basterds actually bother making the nazies human beings instead of superficial demons.
>Django Unchained never bothers making the slave owners anything more than stereotypical cartoon villains.

I get the feeling that it's because Tarantino is an american, and facing the fact that the american slave owners were humans would mean having to accept that heritage as part of the modern america, instead of distant deeds done by inhuman beasts far removed from the modern white american.

>Senseless gratuitous violence is ok because they're nazis lol!!!
Teenager mentality

that german soldier wasn't a nazist but a regular wermacht soldier

Surprised to hear something like that from a brit

Wehrmacht did plenty of horrible shit, though.

You should try reading Soldaten: On Fighting, Killing and Dying. It's an extraordinary look into what makes people participate in war crimes.

this movie was incredibly sympathetic to the nazis you moron. it painted their enemies as bloodthirsty maniacs

Well, it's just a well known fact. Not the sympathy

I wonder if that was intentional or if Tarantino just has trouble writing non-fucked up characters.

He keeps talking about Django like he's this great black hero. But in the actual movie he's just kind of a self-centered asshole.

The Italian scene on the other hand was one of the funniest in the film.

youtube.com/watch?v=krtnt191Drg

I don't think he's trying to push any political agenda, just fucking with critics. It's no secret that Holocaust films and black slavery films are automatic oscarbait, so he keeps pushing the envelope of how over-the-top he can go to see what happens.

No hes Just a man-child keeping his foot fetish Fed and being edgy with his Movies.

>actually watching american movies

lol

That was the point.

I thought Tarantino chose Nazis so that they could make a bloody violent movie while having the audience feel good.

This lol
I wasn't even into the nazis were good guys thing at the time

These are all films based on the genre of blaxploitation, naziplotation, mexploitation, etc. They adhere to a significant cultural stereotype and either aim it to pump up said group or their enemies. It is kind of like cheesy nationalism/racial pride but the aim is just to sell a lot of tickets to a garbage movie. Tarantino was/is a huge fan of these and other grind house cheese fests. A lot of his movies fit into the genre in a tounge in cheek way.

Or you could come to the realization that he's nothing more than a hack who loves to pander to whatever audience he feels will go see his shit flicks that time around.

He's realizing niggers are his main audience now (you've got rappers going on about taking bitches to go see the new Tarantino movie for fucks sake), so guess how retarded and predictable his plot and script are.

Nothing more than some foot fetish cuck still reminiscing about the days he used to listen to his whore mother getting fucked by her pimps in the next room, literally.

>Wehrmacht did plenty of horrible shit, though.
So did every army and the reds and Japs may have been the same level if not worse than the SS. Name an army with no harm done to the civilian populis. This concept of war where no one gets hurt is b.s. It's why wars last for more than decades now and we have mass refugees and on going exports in terrorism. A brutal total war as nasty as it is snuffs out the spark before it's a global fire. Western sympathy in a counterintuitive way has made things worse.

wtf i love none whites now

Not him but I have German family and the rest is northern European, is it acceptable for me to feel bad for German soldiers after seeing this film? Or am I still a racist shit-lord despised by die Große Merkel Reich?

>worst tarantino movie
I think Kill Bill was even worse.

>I think Kill Bill was even worse
Never watched it all the way through but even film people I know would put in his mid to top level films. Jacky Brown (never saw it) is one nobody gives a shit about. Dusk till Dawn wasn't that great either.