What's Sup Forums's take on buddhism...

What's Sup Forums's take on buddhism? I'm going to take up buddhist meditation (Therevada style for now) but am not sure about the rest of the philosophy. Is it redpilled?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/woxjutWVuj4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Meditation is red-pilled, Buddhism as a whole, isn't.

Why don't you read about some of the translated scriptures and think for yourself or is that too much to ask for?

>I wanna say I'm spiritual at parties
>But being a Christian is too white for me

Hipster garbage

Buddhism
Christianity

>sitting doing nothing
>so spiritual
>much enlighten

I'd rub the Dalai Lama's golden sack to motorboat them titties.

Is it a religion?

youtu.be/woxjutWVuj4

This guys breathing technique is proven with science.
SCIENCE

White people practicing Buddhism are appropriating East Asian culture.

Depends on the individual, same could be said for Christianity. There is an underlying philosophy and system of ethics that can be considered independent of the metaphysical component.

Infinitely better than abrahamic religions, but the problem is that it's even more cuck than cuckstianity
They wouldn't last long against the mudslime orcs

No, it's not red pilled.

i want to free those tits

What do I have to do to be a Buddhist, I already sit like that all the time at PC but do I also have to hold my hands like that? Will it empower me

It is very much so under one condition.

While meditating, you should not draw upon the conclusions of others. You should create your own conclusion and live by the rules you set for yourself.

Don't fall for the Buddha Jew.

I think I could achieve nirvana by holding my head on her chest and inhaling deeply.

how long do you have to sit on the floor to become a full fledged nothing master??

>45 mins

really nigga?

If you're going to meditate, accept Jediism, it's basically the same thing, plus you can justify watching starwars on sundays instead of going to church.

Who's this semen demon?

Tell that to Burma.

The first fundamental truth of Buddhism is predicated on a misconception.
Take anything the religion says with a grain of salt.

Try reverse image search. There seems to be a lot of pictures.

Spiritual nonsense.

biddhism is by far the least retarded religion I know, mainly because of the lack of a god

meditation yes buddhism no

Thank you, kind user.

Look up the doctrine of emptiness/codependent arising/sunyata. Only true way to see the world

You want to take up Buddhism because you think it has less dogma then Christianity
protip: it has more like 20 books more dogma.
Ask anyone who isn't in the priest class if enlightenment is real, and they will tell you no, walk down that path and you'll find you have been fed lies.
Real Christianity is much more powerful

That based monk

Buddhism is basically Empiricism

Most people associate buddhism with hippies and other pseudo spiritual faggots, real buddhist philosophy is pretty interesting and if you can into logic you can take a lot from it, of course there are some retarded aspects too. Overall I would say it can be used as a tool to understand how your mind, and to some extent, the world works

Death Worship

So her name is Jordan Carver, she's a model, but I don't think there are a nudes.

Meditation is important for basic functioning. Buddhism is a spiritual doctrine. Study buddhism, study other doctrines, practice meditation.

No need to 'become' anything.

sorta. its not theistic.

Dharamic religions are different than the Abrahamic religions.

In reality the Buddha tries to describe the sources of human suffering and the steps one must take to alleviate human suffering in order to achieve nirvana; which is to be free from suffering. However, it is not necessary that all humans strive for nirvana. It just so happens that the Buddha achieved Nirvana in his life time.

was hume a balding faggot?

Use your imagination

Buddhism's image as "peaceful" and "spiritual" religion is a CIA psy-op intended to make the Dalai Lama look good and the Chinse government look bad. This is to support Tibet in splitting from China and weakening it.

This image is completely fabricated.

In reality, Buddhism is as violent as Islam. Yes, I know what I'm saying and how shocking it is.

Just remember one thing, OP: in the end there is no substitute for the truth, and the truth is there is no God.

Cut the bullshit, save yourself a lot of grief and anguish, and stop lying to yourself. Become an atheist, an anti-dogmatist and a critical thinker. There is no other way.

Making sense of things is a human activity. Nature doesn't make sense.

confirmed for knowing shit about Buddhism

She is like Denise Milani a fake boob tit cow who never ever does nudes

And Buddhism is nonsense.

>not having tibet will weaken china
isnt tibet like .5 % of chinas total population?

The Lamas did have a messed up theocracy back when they had power though

Kill urself (you)

Yes, of course it is. It's not some hippy feelgood shit either.

IIRC, it's Tibet's strategic position overlooking India or something. Also it's a good chunk of China's territory.

I don't disagree.

Those breasts look like they're a terrible burden.

It's China's water source.

How so? Im hydrofag this interests me.

Inconsistent, and way too fragmented for something bullshit and not worthwhile. Buddhism, that is. Meditation is a good method of resting.

A burden that makes her a lot of money you cuck

More like boobhism!

>good method of resting

Yikes.

Honestly, I'm just repeating what someone else said. I imagine it has to do with the mountains and melting snow making lakes and whatnot if it's even true.

I remember reading more than half of China's copper reserves are in Tibet. It's economically important.

Buddhism is alright, I've read a few anthologies and bits of the pali canon (it's 20k pages long so don't bother) and it's pretty easy to grasps it's main ideas. I've tried meditation (vipassana) and it's great if you do it properly but I couldn't be bothered to do it regularly.

Is it redpilled? Depends on what you mean by 'red pilled' (does it call out degeneracy, does it name the jew etc.) but it's probably the most philosophical of the major religions. This doesn't mean that it's just a 'way of life' as hipsters claim, it's most definitely a full fledged religion with strict rules and an absurd cosmology.

holy stop sitting on grass grull, you are going to catch borreliosis

I intend to and I have read the Diamond Sutra and the Heart Sutra, but as far as the Pali canon is concerned, there are a million Suttas/Sutras and I don't know where to start.

Real Buddhism is pretty cool. Faggot hippies from California who say they're buddhist because they "meditate" give it a bad reputation.

Seems unlikely. China is a big place and its not like monks would drain all the water of the himalayas anyway.