So is this movie liked by Sup Forums?

So is this movie liked by Sup Forums?

>Luke milks some sea creatures tits and drinks it
Sounds like a fetish you may like

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nice.

It seems to be less liked than 7 or Rogue One. Hard to tell because there are idiots that think the prequels (1-3) were good so their opinions aren't very useful.

General complaint I've seen is that it again rips off of previous films (empire) and contains side plots that have zero purpose. Sup Forumstards seem to continue reeeing that women and minorities have too many roles.

Sup Forumss gonna Sup Forums... they can't really do much else.

ain't that the truth.

It wasn't THAT bad.

Snoke dying without any of his backstory is retarded.

The purple hair bitch is retarded.

Leia dying then waking up and supermaning her way back to the ship was hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

The way Luke died was good.

Kylo and Rey have good stories and character development.

The main issue I have is with the death of Snoke and Luke and Kylo seemingly not being fully evil, there's no real big enemy anymore.

I am sad that all of the force-ghosts seem to have died with Luke. Maybe mARKHAMill will surprise us by returning in Star Wars IX: The Search for Scheckles and the Luke we see in TLJ is really "Luuke" (god, Tim Zhan's books were /trash/, and G.A. Thrawn was obvious self-insert pottery).

>Snoke dying without any of his backstory is retarded.
Yes.
>The purple hair bitch is retarded.
I'd lean more towards irrelevant. Easily could have had Leia or Ackbar, or Wedge, or whoever we already know be sacrifice. I don't give any shits about purple hair, don't even remember the name.
>Leia dying then waking up and supermaning her way back to the ship was hilarious for all the wrong reasons.
I liked this scene. It showed additional force powers, shows how she is connected to the force if not a jedi. It was used in the expanded universe books with Luke doing basically the same thing. I liked they took stuff from the books while largely ignoring the prequels (1-3)
>The way Luke died was good.
I am still unsure on this. It seemed a bit pointless, but he may do a ton of force ghosting in 9.
>Kylo and Rey have good stories and character development.
Kylo yes, Rey not so much. Being perfect with no explanations is not very exciting as a character. She needs more flaws and convictions. Was hoping they would elaborate on Rey in 8, but not as much as they could have. Instead we get a 30 minute side story with Finn and random new person that accomplishes nothing in the plot.
>The main issue I have is with the death of Snoke and Luke and Kylo seemingly not being fully evil, there's no real big enemy anymore.
Eh, I dunno about that. After killing Snoke he made Hux call him the new supreme leader and went about trying destroy what was left of the rebels. At the end of 8 movies we still have the same dumb back and forth of the good and bad, with nothing accomplished. I think that actively ruins the original trilogy because what the rebels did ends up not mattering much at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mdm8rpv045U

Well considering the originals were so hated when it first came out in sure people will get over this one too. Too many people with too little lives. Caring a little too much about shit that doesn't matter.

40 minutes of the movie is literally just a sex scene.

The modern film industry is a joke.

They should have told Hamill they were planning on killing him in post

>Leia lives
>Fisher dies
>Luke dies
>Possibly they've alienated Hamill because of this, as well as the loyal fans
I'm almost curious how they're going to get around this.

Keep telling yourself that, Disney shill

Didn't you get the reference to blue milk or are you too young to remember that?

Episodes 1-3 were the best and only canon start war movies.

But why did Luke die? They are literally just writing him out of the next film because they don't how to handle it. His death scene was good, but literally retarded and for no reason

(you)

I thought it fell in the middle of the pack.

Not as good as any of the originals or Rogue One. Better than TFA or the prequels.

>Snoke dying without any of his backstory is retarded.
Wait for Episode 9, should be revealed then
>The purple hair bitch is retarded.
100% agreed, I wanted to punch that annoying bitch in the face
>Leia dying then waking up and supermaning her way back to the ship was hilarious for all the wrong reasons.
It's to raise the question of if she's force sensitive or not
Agreed
>Kylo and Rey have good stories and character development.
Agreed
>The main issue I have is with the death of Snoke and Luke and Kylo seemingly not being fully evil, there's no real big enemy anymore.
The first two films are designed to raise huge questions for the last part of the trilogy, happened with OT and prequels, just happening again

>anyone who feels differently must be a shill
lol

>But why did Luke die?

The effort it took to project himself killed him, Kylo says to Rey that she isn't strong enough to project herself it would kill her

>Kylo says to Rey that she isn't strong enough to project herself it would kill her
when nigger

I am being pretty serious lol The pull and seduction of the dark side, and the choice between dark and light. Great character development. Action was great. Yoda actually kicks ass. Come on bro. Star Wars should be all about Vader. The rest weren't bad though.

>I liked this scene. It showed additional force powers, shows how she is connected to the force if not a jedi
I liked the movie but that was the most retarded thing I've ever seen

>if I mock them, no one will think I'm a shill

If Rey wasn't a mary sue before, she definitely is now. She barely has a character. Nothing that happens in the film effects her at all, she just keeps going with the power of plot. She never encounters any obstacles, any problems, she is just the plot in character form.

When they're first talking to each other, he says to her that she can't be doing this, how can he see her, she's not strong enough to do it, it would kill her

>I liked the movie but that was the most retarded thing I've ever seen
yes

not same user but Kylo says it to her in the first or second scene where they are linked. he says something like "you can't be doing this, the effort would kill you... No, this is something different."

Yeeeah, that's fucking stupid. Rey can do whatever the fuck she wants but Luke can't even use the power he's amassed over years after just coming back to the force? It's just a symptom of the terrible writing and foresight this movie suffers from

I agree that it shouldn't have happened, but the actual way it was done was good.

I think part of the issue with Han Solo's death was that this guy who we barely know killed a beloved character, with Luke just disappearing seemingly to be one with the force and now as a force ghost, it seemed right.

Whether it should've happened is a different question entirely.

I thought they tried a little too hard to counter expectations.

They built Snoke up as an important character and then explained nothing about him and killed him off like a bitch.

They introduced this new purple-haired admiral that looked like Leia's replacement then killed her off.

They built up Rey finding out who her parents are as a plot point and then went nowhere with it.

Any of them by themselves would have made an interesting plot twist. But they did too much of it so it just came off as "People complained TFA was too much like ANH, so look how different this one is"

I'm not a shill. This is a divisive film. There are those that hate it and there are those that love it. I'm one of the ones that love it. So there.

>Yeeeah, that's fucking stupid

You're fucking stupid, Rey didn't project, Snoke did, did you even watch the film?

Horrible movie. Just saw it.
>Btw are those Watto's species?

I liked the Leia scene. But how did she gets inside without everyone being sucked into the cold depths of space?

Agree.

She pulled a Marry Poppins, duh.

Never watched any of the gay star wars movies

Then you just have shit taste.

>Star Wars should be all about Vader.
nice try george lucas

>Airlock
>Force sensitive

>Rey can do whatever the fuck she wants
But she didn't. It was made very clear that Snoke bridged Rey and Kylo's minds in order to manipulate them both

>edgy

This guy gets it

Vader's character is probably the best in the series imo

Hell, this was so mediocre I'm sad.
Totally wasted characters like Snoke, or Phasma.
All the cringy gags, situational comedy parts for kids.
The whole getting a codebreaker, landing on the ship part was a useless dead-end - simply there to fill time. Bad writing.

I'm sure she goes through a door and into a compartment with another door going into the ship, so when the first door closes the second one opens
Then again though if she could fly through fucking space with no gear, anything's possible

It's not about Rey projecting you stupid cunt. She's not the one projecting. Try using your brain when you type bullshit. It's about the fact that she can do whatever the fuck she wants. Throw rocks around, use a lightsaber like a master, but Luke can't even do one thing that Snoke could do for two fucking people. It's terrible writing.

>I'm sure she goes through a door and into a compartment with another door going into the ship, so when the first door closes the second one opens

It's called an airlock

He didn't die. He gave himself to the force.

Lol that scene is so fucking random and weird.
What is the point of it? A throwback to blue milk?

But aside from thst the movie was horrid. But it makes me feel good they didnt get my money.

w...w-hat.... when??? what are u talking about

It has Ade Edmondson in it, ergo great film.
/thread

Strange. I, for one, remember one of the ship's side blasted open, on the other a single door.

Then why does the connection surpass Snoke's death?

I thought they were gonna bang and then they didn't

I know I was just explaining

I thought the prequels were good but i saw them growing up i can't watch them now. But this is definitely worse. Like there is no love in the writing dude didnt seem to care

I thought how the purple haired bitch went into light-speed kamikaze was too effective for this to be the first occurrence of it

t. Ade Edmondson

>It's not about Rey projecting you stupid cunt

Have you even read the posts you're quoting? We're discussing why Luke died you dense cunt, Luke died from projecting and this moron thinks that Rey projected and can't understand why she didn't die

yes everyone thought that, and that's why we got the prequels and nobody else has that opinion anymore

honestly one of the worst movies I've ever seen, terrible plot, depressing as fuck ending (the resistance is effectively wiped out, there's like 10 guys left, plus Luke dies for no reason after doing very little), there's a few gamebreaking bullshit things in it like hyperdrive missiles and super leia.. many of these things could be forgiven if it didn't have such a horrible plot and if the entire film wasn't supposed to happen in a mere 18 hours

If it were a standalone film people would tear it apart, but it gets a pass because it has star wars in the name

Yeah, she returns through the bridge.
Maybe force field?
Maybe the Force?

He died, he was exhausted, he let himself pass away.

>get a few spare R2 droids
>mount them on x-wings - turn on autopilot
>kamikaze into empire fleet or death star
>problem solved

He created the bridge. I took it that once it was in existence it no longer needed Snoke to maintain it. It was just there.

if the writing for the prequels wasn't utter shit vader would be more interesting to more people

Agreed, a force blast or intuitive action is perfectly acceptable for an untrained, powerful force user. However, a force shield capable of protecting from the vacuum of space coupled with directioned telekinetic flight not seen in any but the most advanced jedi and sith masters done by someone with at most a rudimentary, secondhand experience with the force is completely unrealistic.
Maybe if she had been training for 10 years or more with Luke specifically, but as it is portrayed i call bullshit.

yeah, but why is this the only time we've seen something like this?

Read my post again and realize why that doesn't fucking matter. Who gives a fuck what you were talking about you pathetic cuck

Also I'm the same fucking person. Jesus Christ you are retarded that was never the point

I'd say bad writing again.

Completely agree. It was ridiculously effective. Why are droid-piloted hyperspace missiles not a standard tactic in space combat?

>/threading your own post
It's summer in my country, but not in america. Weird

I'd like to see them animate her corpse Jim Henson style, complete with sticks on her arms and a flappy mouth

Agreed 100%

Don't understand the side plot complaint. The whole point of that side plot is to show they went through a lot of shit to make matters worse. All out of desperation and at the 'command' of a guy that feels he could lead the resistance without truly understanding failure. It wasn't nuanced, it wasn't vague, yet people still seemed to miss that whole point.

Right? They should have done this to the death star the second time instead of doing the same shit.
Now that they have done it can space battle ever be serious again?

Hell, just build dedicated missiles. Make a tungsten (or depleted uranium, or whatever the fuck dense metal they have in SW) dart, strap some maneuvering thrusters, a targeting system, and a hyperspace engine to it and put a droid brain in as a pilot.

Convert a Star Destroyer into a missile carrier and I wonder how many it could carry?

It was exactly what I expected which was the only real bummer for me

I really liked how they introduced the idea of force bonds and gave us alittle bit on the nature of the dark side. I thought Rey's little hopscotch game with the dark side was fucking cool.

Also they broke her lightsaber. I'm holding onto hope that she comes back with a double bladed weapon and fulfills her destiny to become Bastila

You know what. It wasn't even the writing. I don't know why everyone wants to blame that for it. Vaders back story was kind of lame and the whole thing was kind of over shadowing how uninterested everyone was in how the rest of the galaxy worked in star wars. the prequels probably really were not that bad, just their focus on vader, and any action in it was just silly. People only watch star wars for fucking light sabers. they don't care about peoples back stories and shit.

Good movie.

Jew Jew Abrams left behind a hell of a mess, and it was cleaned up nicely.

>kek the mental images of a kermit carrie Fischer
>a bottle of everclear in one hand
>a crackpipe in the other

well, the writing and i forgot to mention the shitty acting

This is why I wanted jedi Leia. Lightsaber Leia. They should have done that. Why did Carrie have to suck down so much coke?

I wanted a Star Wars film to push the envelope and not play it safe the way TFA did. So I'm pretty happy with TLJ. At the very least it built an interesting dynamic between Kylo and Rey and I'm eager to see where that goes in Episode 9

I watched it in 3D for £15
I couldn't regret it more

Out of fuel vessels losing speed in space, even floating backwards (?!)
Arching laser beams.
Poe Dameron explosion in da face, not a single scratch.
Open cockpit vehicles, the pilot's hair does not even more an inch.

Same feelings here.

He must have inherited the iron hair technique from Kirk.

I'm waiting for a decent Kodi stream and even then, I'm not gonna go out of my way trying to find it

No, it was stupid. They had already cucked him twice at this point. He could have understood failure if they hadn't made his character a complete fucking idiot. Purple SJW could have just told them the plan, told them they wern't all going to die, and the whole side plot could have never happened and nothing would be different. Poe had already failed.There was absolutely no reason not to tell everyone. It's simply terrible writing to waste time. Oddly reminiscent of the droid factory scene from the prequels

Rogue One seems to be something like a wine. I didn't like it first in the cinema, mostly because of how different it was to the EU. But now the more I think about it, the more genious it becomes, regardless of the one dimensional characters.

i was about to say why the HP Lovecraft reference then I remembered batman stole it and Mark played the joker in it so ok I get it

>Longest SW movie ever.
>Filled with redundant side-plot, that was totally unnecessary because there was a working plan in the first place.
Even that critique of capitalism, weapon dealings, and the gentry was not executed well imo.

Right? Like they make such a big deal about taking a dreadnought down then take down an even bigger ship by ramming one of their ships into it at light speed. Why didn't they just do something like that from the beginning.

the acting wasn't even shitty. how do you expect people to act with muppets and cgi muppets? like fuckin palpatine takes over the senate, there was no humans in the senate it was all a bunch of cgi muppets why are there so many humans everywhere when the majority of everything is weird cgi muppet aliens?
people wanted to watch jedis kick ass in the prequels they spend most of their time running away from shit. like the main reason why everyone liked episode one was the lightsaber duel with the 3 guys even if the choreography wasn't perfect the acting of it was good enough people liked it.
the second movie was a huge let down big light saber fight? cgi muppet hopping around. it's like lucas hates star wars fans. im surprised the third movie wasn't like 2 hours of jarjar in the bulk of every scene

Exactly, imagine if anakin and padme land on tatooine and after they exit their ship and kill a bunch of geonosians they open the door to the next section and there is count douku with jango fett and the trade fed guys. Some bs like futile to resist, maybe shoot padme with wire grapnel thing or net. Cut to next scene being chained to poles in the arena, or maybe have them floating next to obi wan, do a negotiations were short kinda joke.