What happened to the emo/scene style from a few years back...

What happened to the emo/scene style from a few years back? The crazy hair and girls with short skirts and the fishnets or stockings was super how, now other than pictures online I don't see women dressing like that any more.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VZp_KMMCJUE
youtu.be/8EgMkmS37zQ
youtube.com/watch?v=iVuB1ZASrGw
youtu.be/1NQd4jha7tQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they got fat and became feminists user.

It died out like most trends do?

>a few years back

Dude it was ten years ago.

Also theres a small resurgence in that "look". I legit know a nineteen year old girl who dresses that way now. It brings back memories

I remember a handful of girls doing it in high school, then maybe that resurgences from seeing it at concerts 4 or 5 years ago is what I'm remembering more.

Really wish it would come back again, all these chicks out in sweat pants and leggings just isn't the same.

The 'pixie" look also suggested that they were sexually aware and experimental. New generation is too prudish to play the role correctly....so....there it went.

all of them are dead

too depresso unless you drink expresso

That may be true, but I've noticed girls are alway wearing skin-tight yoga pants these days.

Seems crazy to me girls wear that out in public, when you can pretty much see everything, but they do.

One half turned into the SJW Hipster kinda people and the other half became those "Hardcore/Metalcore"-poser faggots.

>in my late twenties now
>missed my chance to fuck a cute Emo chick back when they still existed

And we all shit on the Emo trend back when it was relevant. What have we done? Was it really so bad?

Now if I wanna fuck a girl that looks similar to that I have to wade through all the fat land whales and find a cute scene chick.

Everyone bullied them into abandoning their subculture

Yeah, I remember it being trendy for them to be "bi" at the time.

this! I feelz ya brah

pretty much.

They can still be found at music festivals and stoner circles.

They grew up

I never shit on the emo culture, didn't really label myself with a genre but was a metal head that talked to plenty of them back in the day when I had a steady girl friend, after I broke up with her (and all her kpop and European rap trends) the punk/emo girls suddenly disappear.

they killed themselves lol

I never talked shit about it myself neither, but I didn't do anything to stop it.

I think girls with piercings, tattoos and dyed hair are fucking beautiful. Sure there are plenty of girls that match that criteria today, but not like it was back in the mid/late 00's, early 2010's.

Come back, Emos. Please.

They moved over to a new trend.

It was a normie fad. From hot topic to some other shit.

Good ridance i say.

winner

or they got blacked and are now single moms.

They turned into hipsters

They graduated high school.

The style was beautiful, I still love it, but the whole crying thing, basking in their pain? That shit was waaay too edgy.

Skyblog shut down.

>was in middle school when emo started
>had good friend who looked kinda pic related, same color hair
>would come over after school every day and suck my dick
>drifted apart in high school
>by chance meet up again senior year
>she comes over to my house and dresses up like she used to
>we fuck

good times.

>tfw you'll never find a shy emo gf with bangs and a good hairstyle
>tfw you'll never have a clingy emo gf

I want this trend to come back :C
everyone looks like dykes or the same now and it's disgusting

Dude, Skyblog was a French thing, during the peak of the emo trend it was all Myspace in the US.
t. frog

The scene/emo phase was at the point when I was getting laid constantly with different chicks.
I was a skater and in a hardcore band so I was all set.
Emo chicks were so fucking loose as soon as they've had 2 vodkas... not to mention they were so fucking hot.

Ever since nigger music started dominating the music industry. So like 4 years ago.

maybe all the emo girls an hero'd

Yeah, but myspace is not *realy* dead :p
And yeah, in France it all died super quickly because of this.

it's still around but they're less tryhard now. they wear cheap clothing from charity stores, look even more trashy 'cause cheap makeup and nearly always drugged up, barely wash and they call it "grunge"

Third wave feminism started shaming female sexuality (and literally started advocating burqas). It also shamed body fitness ("Is your body beach ready") and promoted fat acceptance. As a result women are getting fatter and opting for less revealing clothing. Feminism also devalued/discouraged relationships with men which resulted in women making less effort to dress attractively.

As for dyed hair, tats, piercings, gauges, and whatnot ... those girls are all in their 30's now and their look has not aged well. Tats fade, they're stretched as the girl gains weight and develops wrinkles. Piercings make already older/tired faces look even more haggard and trashed. So young girls are looking at this shit and opting out.

they all grew up and took jobs as supermarket cashiers

>Not "really" dead
Yeah, it's more like a zombie at this point. Today's social media killed it really fucking fast. I wonder what will replace facebook and twitter, though. Also, Skyblogs were a fucking goldmine of cringey shit on people you knew.

>Oldfag here
> Scene needs to come back
> Bad crunkcore is to amusing

Twitter is rather small, 300M and declining.
Facebook though, that's a whole fucking autonomous ecosystem.
Check black mirror SE3E1 for ideas.
BTW, China started it's "social ranking" with bike sharing: depending on your estimated value to society, you get a different loan rate. Joly good fun.

Ugh, I've seen this at the shows I still go to, they don't try as hard and don't do up the hiair, (damn I miss the big bangs over to the side and the long sets of them down the sides of their face.)

Now they just have kind of quirky thrift store skirts over leggings, with flannel or army jackets and tons of concealer caked on to hide their age.

I saw some in London, but most where feminists hamplanets. But with bangs and everything.

Seeing a bunch of fat chicks with faded or covered up tat's now and ears that look like cat's assholes from never recovering from the gauged earring trend.

and they all obsess over kurt cobain and ketamine

US fag here. Some of the fb/insta fap threads make it look like half decent hair and legware (tights and stockings not boring ass leggings) is still kinda popular across the pond there.

>tfw 22 and growing my hair out to recapture scene look of my high school years

Is it too late for me anons? I still have my old band shirts and skinny jeans.

Can we make this a sexy emos/scene girls thread?

Yup, but mostly chavs. Still some punks/emo-ish/metal chicks though.

I've also noticed that while women have stopped with the emo superslut look ... *guys* have started. Every time I'm scrolling through Sup Forums I see a hottie in stockings and blue hair, and cool boots ... aaaand it's a dude. Feels bad, man.

Shit my old ass had a girl like that back in the late 90s. Purple hair platform boots spiked collars/Bracelets all that shit. I don't think it goes away it just cycles around a bit

It's a dangerous game.

I cant wait for the next lap then.
I'm 100% more into the big hair ones than the short/buzz/skrillex/mullet/pixie hair do's that some are doing or transitioned into.

They still exist, they just changed their appearance to match the new shitty trend they're following: core music and trap music.

Stop being a faggot user

you got old. that's what happened. what you like is now old and stupid

I thought there's been a good amount of emo revival, I guess it's too small of a scene or the style just dosen't match.

those were the days
youtube.com/watch?v=VZp_KMMCJUE

youtu.be/8EgMkmS37zQ
Thank god this is user, would never have admitted to listening to this anywhere else :p

nice, you know her, is this recent or from 10 years ago?

youtube.com/watch?v=ap0mqwvf7H0"

Stuff like this is still on my playlist for when no one is around to judge.

youtube.com/watch?v=iVuB1ZASrGw

Recent stuff that might be keeping the genre alive.

/fred

Haha, the only other song than I keep is this one:
youtu.be/1NQd4jha7tQ
Neither are really good, but I've listen to them so fucking much than nostalgia just make it work.

Quite a few I like are nostalgia, then there's one I discovered later on only to find out they broke up years ago.

That feeling when you check out the band, find it awesome, only to learn they never made more than those two tracks you just heard.

>few years back
Oh you mean 10 years ago? Scene and emo died in 2007 - 2008. Everything after that was newjack wannabe bullshit. Faggot.

they all started playing LoL in mamas basement. Now they dont come out

I live in Denmark and we used to have a big "community" on facebook where we chat and stuff and we had a local place, a big park in Copenhagen, where many met each friday. That was just for 4-5 years ago.

Isn't there a big rockabilly and muscle car scene over there too? Seems like a fun place.

From my own experience, girls with this look usually have a girlfriend that they've been with for years.

>That feel when I'll never make breakfast for a girl this beautiful.
Not all guys want something. I just want to hug and eat food with someone like that.

Is this what the grown up version of the style looks like?

I remember back in 2010, I started going through puberty at 11 years old and started to notice girls and stuff, I actually found the scene/emo styled girls kinda hot and cute. Too bad that trend seemed to die out.

underage fuuck off

user..... he is 18 now little shits form 1999/2000 are turning 18 next year.

he can join when he can drink. Thank you very much

Shut up bro. Who cares? Hate a guy even though he has similar interests as you ONLY because he's young.
Fuck off you edge lord.

>big bangs over to the side
Was the place getting shot up or something?

Welcome to getting old, faggot

>remember
>projecting

They taught themselves oppression by seeking equality

nice number.

/bred