Doctor prescribed me fluoxotine for depression. What should I expect?

Doctor prescribed me fluoxotine for depression. What should I expect?

No boners

FUCK i was on sertraline a few years ago and that caused no cumming so i stopped taking it

This

>Increased suicidal thoughts.
>Nausea.
>"Brain zaps".
>Loss of appetite.
>Dick won't work.

I've tried every single one known to man and none of them fucking work.
Much better off without them.

Fuck all. im on 60mg

How many mg?

I'm on 80 flux ad 1800 gabapentin a day

Ritalin works. Energy and a false sense of well being. If you havent managed to do massive changes in your life when the tolerance hits then y u r fucked.

at first its cool because you can last for a while but after that yeah its harder to get up even. i think it fucked me from taking it when i was young even after i stopped

20mg to start she said

are you talking sex with a girl or jerking off? Cuz I already have issues cumming when I'm with a gril, i think I'm gonna do no fap 2018.

Ritalin isn't really a thing here in the UK, plus I don't have ADD.
Just being natural works better for me than anything.
I was on meds for over 10 years and the past year off them has been the best year mental health wise since I can remember.

Don't expect any results overnight

OP here

my issue is I'm in law school now and it is a high stress environment which has pushed me over the edge to the point where I stopped caring about my assignments and started doing poorly. My doctor suggested I try the SSRI for this term and see if it helps me improve my grades and maybe stop for the summer if things improve.

I was told wait 2-4 weeks for results

jerking off is easier cause you can go ham with a tight grip just annoying when its either not hard or your cumming with a girl

I was told longer. I was in the looney bin for addiction and they were upping it every week.

Stress is a btch

Self medicating with alcohol and weed is worse. I went 4 years without smoking weed, start law school and bam start smoking weed again.

am 26 yo btw.

>Stoped caring about my assignments
You had a moment of clarity user. You want off the rat race treadmill, it's not easy, you've been programmed to it your whole life. Excel, exceed, spend.
There are other ways to live that aren't stressful.

Look into replacing the alcohol with GHB

you niggas are full on junkies.

I dont think my alcohol consumption is as harmful as my weed consumption. I'll drink once or twice a week, usualy socially. But I'll sometimes blaze it every day making me unproductive for school

I've been on Ssri 10 years org for death of both parents in fire. Helped me and then after depression continued because I didn't find helps me react not like a "spike" to anxiety or stress and no teeth grinding, so unlike mr tom cruise who thinks psychiatrists evil I guess I'm weakfag and helps me.

Only side effect, and it SUCKS is disorgasmia. Look it up. I can manage by skipping dose but if you don't have regular awesome SO I do spontaneous sex is out. If you have premature ejact you'll love it but I never did and literally u can't reach the "tipping point" climax from the shit so I skip dose but it's pretty shitty side effect and most common I believe. Good luck op

Meant DID find helps w stress anxiety

thats the point of weed to get you out of the rat race

Meant DID find helps w stress anxiety Lol didn't see this post. Bonkers fine for me no climax

not when you have 60+ pages of reading every time plus bi-weekly assignments.

I have no issue with my sex drive, it on makes me a little bit sleepy an hour into taking it but that because I'm stoned most the time. It's helped tremendously with my PDD

that IS the rat race you idiot

>who thinks psychiatrists evil
lol
thinks psychiatrists are evil
is a huge champion of intl brainwashing money scam

How you get off anti depress I considered? How long was your taper and what doses if you could share really appreciate it.

Antidepressants and the like is pure evil and nothing but false promises. Never made me feel less depressed. Now, dopamine drugs are a whole different ballgame. Instant happiness right there and then.

If you dont know what a stim is like, imagine being on a plane, its cold and raining outside, depressing really. Then takeoff, and boom. Your plane bursts trough the clouds and suddenly the weather is nice, sun beaming trough the window. All that sadness gone just like that.

That's how it was for me, the first few months that is. Then tolerance happened and I'm back in the hole I came from :(

First thing you do is seek out a professional that specializes in psychiatric medication. Never ever should you take something your primary care doctor prescribes when it comes to psychiatric medication.

If this isn't the case, then expect any of the side effects. Most will subside within two weeks or less, but if they don't go away and you can't handle it, then you need to try another antidepressant. Psychiatric medication is trial-and-error, but medication DOES work you find what works for you.

All the best, user.

To be controlled by the Jew.

Good luck user.

You mean Xenu and getting clear ... Couldn't agree more THAT is bs. cruise was dick for criticizing people need psych Meds mr rich no care in world isolated dickhead who didn't finish high school but apparently has determined all,psychiatry and Meds are BS cause Xenu and his avatar L Ron say so.

If you smoke weed for anxiety then GHB would probably be better if all precautions are taken. Never tried it myself, yet. But I will, apparently it's an anxiety cure almost without side effects or tolerance, from what I heard anyway

>If you dont know what a stim is like, imagine being on a plane, its cold and raining outside, depressing really. Then takeoff, and boom. Your plane bursts trough the clouds and suddenly the weather is nice, sun beaming trough the window. All that sadness gone just like that.

lol, not any stim i've ever taken. it's more like things feel less "heavy" and difficult, and everything doesn't seem require such immense effort.

Street drugs are never a good idea for treating psychiatric illnesses. There's a reason why GHB isn't prescribed as a treatment for mental illness. Self medication is the worst possible thing you can do when trying to treat psychiatric illnesses.

It needs to be left up to a qualified professional, not something that you read online or by word of mouth.

It's not anxiety, it's more just feeling down and bored so I smoke weed to kill time at night.

>If you dont know what a stim is like, imagine being on a plane, its cold and raining outside, depressing really. Then takeoff, and boom. Your plane bursts trough the clouds and suddenly the weather is nice, sun beaming trough the window. All that sadness gone just like that.

but i suppose it's not entirely untrue. the focus-boosting effects are partly related to it's ability to make you feel less shitty

Do not take it. Anti depressants are POISON

My gf took this for a while. She completely lost her sex drive.

RIP in piece sex life

Dopamine like cocaine? That's not long term solution.

I think psych mess can help but u need psychiatrist like someone said, right med you will go thru some with shitty side effects including making mind swirl at least I did, and then learning to titrate with doc like I mentioned I do for sex. At same time I'm curious from poster who went off ssris how he did taper and did he have any rebound depression as he tapered or after off?

Op good luck. Why law school though lol kidding but please don't become a plaintiff soliciting ambulance chaser pick diff specialty

I have a pretty okay sex life for a single guy at the moment. My doctor warned me that it may affect my sex drive but said try it out first.

Forgot to mention I used to chug 500ml energy drinks along with the ritalin. Ritalin alone feels pretty weak, but combined with the energy drinks I just felt really good.

That sucks. I didn't notice libido change actually no libido WHEN depressed (anhedonia) for me it's the fuck forever with out climax unless skip dose day before then fine.

no, you're right. it is a big improvement, but these days they only make me feel slightly less shitty, not so much:

>All that sadness gone just like that.

What is the reason for it not being used for mental illness?

SSRI's made me manic as fuck so they should work. Be careful about the suicidal thoughts they can cause though, OP.

>SSRI's made me manic as fuck so they should work
they MADE you manic? I'm already manic I dont want that shit

Yeah me too, tolerance is a bitch. Did try to make the most of it while it lasted though, made many friends that I lost later when I became depressed once again.

It's not worth it. Fluoxotine made me appear happy but on the inside I was still broken. I spent months weaning off the stuff and I am still in the process of fixing myself.

did you have a lot of other issues going on in your life? My issue is basically; have stable living situation. Have financial security, have a rough plan on where my life is going, have good social life, have okay sex life, when I'm alone at night I cry myself to sleep for mundane reasons. During the day I don't feel like doing anything productive and feel depressed and left behind.

I agree its not a long term solution, but if you make the most of your high before you become tolerant you can make a lot of drastic changes in your life

I'm on venlafaxine (Effexor), buproprion (Wellbutrin), and aripiprazole (Abilify) and my dick is completely useless for anything except peeing. Feels bad man.

OP here, man all I wanna do is condominium law but they force us to learn ALL aspects of law in first year. Pretty stressful, I think upper years will be better.

Jeez thought it was the prozac...damn stuff.

I'm on prozac and lexotan (depression and anxiety) and I have found it works for me. I'm better for it.

Yep... SSRI's are known for making people prone to bipolar spectrum disorders manic. I mindlessly wandered around almost all night for 3 days straight, saw shadows, and laid in the middle of a highway. I immediately had to quit cold turkey.

Mood stabilizers and SARIs are much safer.

It's not only a law issue, but it's also an addiction issue and there's not enough research to prove that it would help. Self experiences are not enough to justify its use.

It can be argued that psychiatric medication can lead to dependence, but it's not the same when compared to "traditional" substance abuse. If you suddenly stop taking lithium, the withdrawal can kill you. Lithium does not cause intoxication, neither does prozac.

With that being said, the argument can be made that doctors prescribe opiods and sedatives, but this has started to end in the past few years due to abuse and accidental ODs.

damn dude what do you have

Basically this Yes it is, at least it was when I was a kid, but presumably only gets prescribed to kids with ADD, unless they've stopped using it even for that.

Also, let me get this straight, you've been on meds for 10 years, and you've been off them the past year and feel better than ever? I hope you're not OP, because otherwise you're retarded.

A lesson to everyone in this thread - get your testosterone levels checked. Never had "depression" but suffered badly with panic attacks/anxiety, no appetite, vomiting when I forced myself to eat more, low energy, no drive, poor confidence, and poor muscle tone.

Got my testosteone checked, and whaddaya fucking know - low as fuck. Within range annoyingly so I couldn't get TRT on the NHS, but only just. Average level of an 85 year old man.

So having considered it already, I bought testosterone online and did my first steroid cycle. Best. Decision. Ever. Like a new fucking person, totally changed my life. Finished my cycle a few months ago as you're not supposed to "blast" forever, but my next cycle (or "blast") is in a few months, so reckon once that's done might just "cruise" on a TRT dose forever.

Seriously, testosterone is the primary male hormone and controls so much about the way you function, both physically and mentally. If it's low, you feel like shit. Go fucking figure.

Severe treatment-resistant depression, and general anxiety.

>Mood stabilizers
I was on a mood stabilizer but it was to treat epilepsy, and i was extremely depressed on it and it made my memory fggy. Had surgery to treat epilepsy and stopped taking them now and felt better off the mood stabilizer.

Pharmfag here

What kind of info do you want specifically OP?

What, what's with the tolerance?

Where do you even buy this shit? I looked once and only saw t-supplements but nothing that was straight t. I thought the real deal was illegal?

Literally just quit them one day cold turkey.
I was going to kill myself, straight up... then I thought to myself I'm gonna quit my meds then 1 week later see how I'm feeling.
1 week later I felt great... 2 weeks later I felt amazing... 1 month later I literally was so happy just at being able to feel things again rather than being a robot that wanted to die.

I was taking 40mg Citalopram at the time.
Citalopram was by far the worst out of everything I'd altogether taken.

will I kill myself? Will it kill my boners?

>tfw hooked on effexor so i can't stop now

Hopefully no. Obviously if you have thoughts, tell your dr don't be a faggot.

SSRI's can kill your sex drive, but erections physically are a different function so if you cant get it up its psychological.

/fit/ has a "no source talk" rule so I assume it's the same here, so can't give links.

My advice would be to read, read, read, read, and read some more.

As a starter though, the basic advice for your first cycle is to keep it simple - Testosterone Enanthate (basically Test with a long-chain ether because pure testosterone has a very short half life), and an AI (aromatise inhibitor) to stop high estrogen,Then a SERM to get things back to normal after your cycle - most people use Novladex (Tamoxifen).

Dosage varies - I did a "proper" steroid cycle, 600mg per week. My gear was dosed at 300mg per ml, so that was two 1ml injections per week. Used to have a fear of needles, but it's simple when you learn how. Intramuscular, I just did the whole cycle in my glutes (top of your arse cheek) but you can use quads (thighs) and when you're bigger even your delts (shoulders) and biceps - anywhere there's muscle really.

Put on two stone in three months, lifts went through the roof, confidence was amazing, anxiety and panic totally gone, could eat 3500kcal per day no issue, drive and energy was great. I went from being a skelly, shaky, nervous, sicky, wreck, to being a normal looking cocky little fucker. No side effects either. The only slight issue was for the first time in my life I'd have body odour if I didn't shower once a day. Of course, that's normal for most guys, and presumably the reason I never got it was because of low test. To make clear - I always shower once a day normally, but for example me and some mates went on a dodgy caravan holiday in Newquay years ago and the showers were disgusting. My mates were stunned that after swerving a wash for 5 days I didn't smell at all.

The myths you hear about steroid use are mostly just that, myths. The rest of the negative effects can easily be avoided, and only occur in idiot gym rats who buy some dodgy shit off a guy down the gym, don't bother doing any research, and get their dosing all wrong.

Fucking brain zaps. That’s one of the main reasons I stopped taking my anti-depressants. It got to the point it was happening far too often through the day.

Anyone who hasn’t had brain zaps and you try to explain what it is, looks at you like you have 17 heads, including my idiot doctor.

Sorry, went on a tangent and forgot to add -

It's legal to buy and posses in the UK. Got pulled for speeding and had my gear and needles on the passenger seat. The 50 asked what it was, and I just said "it's steroids". They didn't bat an eyelid and just continued to issue me with a speeding fine.

There's plenty of reliable links out there if you search. I paid for mine by bank transfer. No fucking around with Bitcoin (though my supplier is offering a 20% discount at the moment for using BTC - very clever) or the deep web.

Fucking cheap too.

Plus, my GP is fully on-side with this. Can't officially condone it, but has commented it has clearly done me the world of good. Get regular bloodwork while on cycle and if anything my FBC and liver values are better on/after the gear than they were before it.

Also, as a final note - there's a lot of research being done by actual doctors/endocrinologists/professors at the moment to suggest that testosterone would be FAR better than dangerous SSRIs for most guys with "depression/anxiety". After all, if you break your leg, you get it fixed, you don't just dose up on morphine. What I did, a "blast" cycle that puts your testosterone stupidly high, is great, but carries risks if done for prolonged periods, hence the need to cycle off. The psychological benefits however will present themselves simply by getting people with low test up to a normal level, which is perfectly safe to do indefinitely.

im swole with prob high test, but still suffers from anxiety and depression

>A lesson to everyone in this thread - get your testosterone levels checked. Never had "depression" but suffered badly with panic attacks/anxiety, no appetite, vomiting when I forced myself to eat more, low energy, no drive, poor confidence, and poor muscle tone.
>Got my testosteone checked, and whaddaya fucking know - low as fuck. Within range annoyingly so I couldn't get TRT on the NHS, but only just. Average level of an 85 year old man.

i don't really have many of the "low test" features.

Wat?

>rather than being a robot

i don't get this. being an unfeeling robot would be 100% better than where i'm at. what kind of weak, mild depression do you people have?

I'm not saying it's impossible to suffer from depression and anxiety without low testosterone, but it is often the case with many guys.

Think of it as a bit like the way many people who are obese suffer with heart/breathing issues or diabetes. The issue isn't a dodgy heart/respiratory system or diabetes that came out of nowhere, they got it because they were overweight. Yet people can still suffer those conditions even at a healthy weight.

You might not show all of them, but you might show some. Even if it's just anxiety/depression and low drive. Worth getting a simple blood test to find out, and "free" if you're in the UK. Just ask your GP, ham up the "low test" symptoms if it'll help.

After 10 years of having NO emotion other than hate and depression, you welcome other feelings like happiness.
I'd rather be able to feel at least SOMETHING sometimes, rather than feel nothing all the time.

fuck man im sorry. hope you'll get better.