Can a German who has seen this film explain?

I understand major parts, but not all the political references. Obviously, the end "lesson" is mean to be that all Germans are evil and wan to kill poor, inoffensive Jews.

I watched it after a lot of ppl here recommended. What do Germans think? Obviously, they tried to smear the Right, but what else? Missed a lot of references bc don't speak German,

also, how was it received there? Did Jews make a fuss?

Thanks for the flag, rare flag.

RAREFLAG
A
R
E
F
L
A
G

Idiots think this is a cool film showing Hitler as great and the Germans as decadent and easily manipulated people, who actually want Hitler back.

A smart man (who also read the novel) would quickly realize that this is a cautionary tale about how a man like Hitler would always manage to get to power based on his talent of rhetoric and manipulation of "hateful" rhetoric.

This film is a leftist trojan horse. Looks great on the outside, but once you actually pay attention and the climax with the jewish woman, you realise its all scare mongering against nationalism.

>tl;dr idiots thinks this is about great Hitler

What is this, Polish Canada?

Oh I completely realize that, but it seemed like a lot of normal people were duped into talking on camera without really knowing where it was going-- the same technique the Jew Sacha Cohen used in his awful "borat" films.

Was there any discussion of it? At first, when Hitler priaised the Greens and then scolds the Germans for watching cooking shows, it seemed like it could be a decent film.

Then they drop the Jewish bomb in the 3rd act. How was it received in Germany/Austria?

>Polish Canada?
translation-- I have nothing of value to ad to this thread, so I will make a lame comment about the user's flag.

Flags have been a curse here since day they were changed to assigning based on IP location.

To be honest, it wasnt in the focus of the media at all.

See? This is why nobody likes you Gibraltar

>unironically defending American "education", because youre still buttmad that "god" destroyed your armada invincible

seconded

I heard the book has a different ending

Maybe he is asking your country because he is on his phone. You dont need to be so mean, Gibraltar

German here. I watched it a few days ago and I was pleasantly surprised. I mean, obviously it wouldn't even be legal (for a German film) to portray Hitler in a positive light. Neverthless, he was neither shown as an idiot nor as an asshole. Plus, there were some funny moments as well (my favourite was the parody from the Downfall scene).

PS: Most of the encounters with random people on the street were indeed real. I read an article about how the director (a leftie) was shocked to see how many people opened their heart to Hitler (even though they knew he was just an actor) and how many wanted to hug him or said they wanted him to come back. My own personal theory is, anyway, that the Germans don't hate Hitler because he was "evil", but because he lost the war.

tl;dr: don't expect a redpilled movie, but it's decent entertainment

That was the intention. But in fact, most people i know took it as a Redpill, and starting to see Hitler as a Man and not as the Monster the Media made him out to be.

I can only imagine how the leftist Producers fumes at the idea that they introduced Normies to Nationalism.

>You dont need to be so mean
He didn't "ask" user. He said "what is this, polish canada?" as you can see from above.

If you want to be a smartass here, expect a smartass answer.

I know this is asking a lot, but can you briefly break down which parties they really savaged and which they let off easy?

Also, was the show "Whoa, Dude" based on a real show? They seemed to be making a point that it was OK to take the piss with Islam, but then a line is drawn as soon as it comes to Jews.

Is that true there? The fact that it got little attention there makes me think the Jews were afraid it would "redpill" too many.

heh, was going to actually mention that part. That part and scene with him explaining "nigger" made me actually laugh aloud for first time in a long time.

hitler never would have held a dog like that

only untermenschen treat animals like that

i didnt get it
i thought it was pro hitler but that would never be allowed here

its dead he shot it in the scene before

Hitler would never have shot a dog. There are a number of stories from his secretary who lived longest about how kind he was to his German shepherd, and made sure she was taken out to pee/shit even during intense shellings.

I think the point they were trying to make was "Germans don't care how you treat people, but worry about dogs."

IT seems the entire thing failed as a brainwashing exercise if most of you say it got almost no attention. I think netflix picked it up to try and scare people into comparing him to Trump.

Tbh I enjoyed the film.