Dirt was released 25 years ago today, on September 29, 1992. Say something nice about it

Dirt was released 25 years ago today, on September 29, 1992. Say something nice about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p9GAEFTeWko
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There may be some new kid on the block that captures the sound of heroin, being on heroin, whatever, but Dirt has the emotions of being an H addict on every track. It's in every single pore of this record. It's a masterpiece of its time

>Audible heroin

One of the greatest albums of all time, and one of the albums that got me hooked on Grunge 13 years ago

I still get goosebumps every time I listen to Would?
Such a perfect track

it's not as bad as Stone Temple Pilots

AHHHHHH YERRRRRRAAAAAAGHHHLRRRRLLLLL

The GOAT album from Seattle.

SOOOOO YOU COULDN'T DAM THAT RIVAAAAAH

This is my biggest musical inspiration.

real good album, but not their best. Too inconsistent for my liking. Godsmack, Junk head, Iron gland, and Hate to Feel are below average AIC songs to me. Rest of the album dominates

imo Rooster is one of the greatest blues ever written

What is our opinion on their unplugged?

ever listen to jar of flies? that's their most "bluesiest" work. Their best too

own it. amazing. wish they would've replaced Frogs with Dont follow, or something else from JoF. But still, I like that song, so not really much to complain about

Do you niggers even know what the blues are?

Can't listen to it without getting goosebumps. Layne's voice on it gives me the feels.

The unplugged version of Down in a Hole is amazing.

>if it has a harp in it its blues

lel

Man, if they replaced some of those last songs on Unplugged with Don't Follow and I Stay Away it'd easily be my favorite album of all time. Still amazing tho.

Them Bones is one of the best openers ever

its pretty good, pretty pretty good

agree

I was skeptical going into this record because I had a lot of negative preconceptions about grunge, but the grunge metal on the album completely won me over

in short, nothing sounds like it, and Layne's pain and drug-addled voice just makes it all the more unique and haunting

plus the lead guitar and drum work is pretty great too.

Easily my favorite AiC album. Best opener and closer of all their stuff. Even the filler kills.

Best early 90s tribute to Black Sabbath's Paranoid album EVAH!

If the filler kills, it's not filler, it's killer.

I like you

Blues is a genre and also an emotion that music can convey. I'm referring to the latter.

holy satanic quads

>6767

does this count as dubs?

don't die - the thread, not you, Layne... too late for that ;(

Layne should have Cobained. The way he went was so fucking tragic.

this

Yeah. And you want to know to know the saddest part? No one actually knows if it was raining when he died. There is a 2-3 day timeframe in which people estimated Layne died, and it did rain on one of those days, but we will never know for sure.

As far as the album goes, i agree with The way Layne was able to use his god-gifted talent as an addict to create the Junky Magnum Opus is spectacular.
A very original album too, I think many bands can claim themselves as 'grunge' but this record really defined the heaviness and emotional messiness that most grunge is classified by today

>DOWN IN A HOLE, LOSING MY SOUL

>Loneliness is not a phase
Angry Chair is a top tier song.

>No one actually knows if it was raining when he died.
You seriously consider this the saddest part about a young man dying alone from a drug overdose?

Dirt was easily the best album to come from that scene.

Alice In Chains were lightyears ahead of Nirvana, and deserve a lot more praise

I fucking love that sludgy, sinister guitar tone and Layne's ghostly vocals coupled with what's really just a normal, radio-friendly pop song sequence. That song seriously just encapsulates what I loved about "grunge" music as a whole.

gonna say it:

the demo versions with the more complex drums are astounding.

album version in the dust.

Still love the final releases, but I do prefer the demos by a country mile.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>album version in the dust
>dust
Or, perhaps, dare I say, Dirt?

Auuuuuuuuggggggghhhh, what's the difference I'll diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeee

Cantrell is amazing guitarist
He could write some sick riffs

youtube.com/watch?v=p9GAEFTeWko

goat

we bros

WHAT'S MY DRUG OF CHOOOOOOOOOOOICE

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HERE COMES THE ROOSTER

Dam That River was the song that actually got me to pick up a guitar. That riff is so legit

Dirt [Columbia, 1992]

Crunch, crunch, crunch, riff, riff, riff. Way harder, louder, and more metallic than Soundgarden will ever be. The price of all this power is that it's also stupider--the sound of hopeless craving. This is a heroin album, take it or leave it--"Junkhead" isn't ironic and probably isn't fictional either. As I sit here looking at my books and degrees (well, degree), I somehow doubt that I'd be doing as "well" as resident sickman Layne Staley, or, I mean, the narrator of the song, if I, err, "opened" my mind as he suggests. I'll wait for my own man, thank you very much. B-

Great fucking album

Album of the year