Start enjoying this kind of surreal or alien horror. Try to find moar, but not knowing where to begin

Start enjoying this kind of surreal or alien horror. Try to find moar, but not knowing where to begin.
ITT: Paintings and artist who do this kind of art, also welcome top tier horror movies, music, books, short stories, sculptures or anything related

Other urls found in this thread:

artsy.net/artist/nicola-samori/works
macabregallery.com/en/works-of-art/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dariusz Zawadzki is similar to Beksinski, whose pic you posted

Play STALKER

I know that is the pic is from Beksinki, really like his work. I'm going to look it up, thanks

Play it a while ago. Love that game, also play Clear sky, not as good as vanilla STALKER. Any other game suggestions?

search for images of
>mark powell meat cathedral

Italian painter Nicola Samori for ya.

I have seeing his work, but didn't know his name, thanks user

Gorgeous stuff, know the technique? Oil paintings?

wayne barlowe is what you are searching for

I too am infatuated by Bekinski's work

OP have you made these threads before? I'm getting deja vu, especially because I'm pretty sure I recommended Dariusz Zawadzki also.

You're right this is great

Can't have a thread like this without some Giger

>Nicola Samori
Yes, oil paintings (:

You can see more of him here
artsy.net/artist/nicola-samori/works

Funny coincidence. No, is my first thread of this type, and i'm finding some really great artist i didn't know of. So, i wana see some cool painting of Benkinski you really like user

Checked. We cant forget old Giger, and his beautiful industrial style, Rest in peace

>artsy.net/artist/nicola-samori/works
Thanks for the link

Love the first image. I'm saving them. Also, nice trips bro

Personally I like that most of Giger's paintings are both disturbing and arousing at the same time. Either that or I'm a sick fuck

I'd be more than happy to post some
I don't think anyone can quite capture what this man can.. I'm not even interested in the arts much outside of his work

There are some really interesting works in this page also.
macabregallery.com/en/works-of-art/

There's a deeper understanding. Something so much more visceral than anything I've seen it's hard to put into words.

Yeah, is a weird mix between the two most important aspects of human live, horror and sex. I find his work intriguing, i personally like more the industrial part, but i can appreciate the sexual themes as well

Go ahead man, you are more than welcome. I like that dream quality of his paintings, and love to see more

Gonna save it for later to give it a nice look

Not all of them are quite what you're looking for, but they're all interesting nonetheless.

Makes you wonder what this man sees when he sleeps doesn't it

Care to elaborate that thought? Wanna hear more about it

For me his best work is when he does this, alien and otherworldly landscapes

Game Suggestion: Bloodborne
Artist Suggestion: Richard A. Kirk

I will keep that in mind

It's as though this man has been to hell and back. That he's seen the real things that go bump in the night

It's natural yet unnatural, exciting yet terrifying, something like what drives you to keep watching when the train is about to crash. Hard to put into words

It sure does. Is a pity he is no longer with us, i would give anything to have a few hours with him to pick that disturbed mind

No Playstation. Really wanting to play it, since i finish darksouls.

If you want some Giger-related content, there are two games called Dark Seed & Dark Seed II for PC. This games are based on his works.

If it isn't obvious I've done little to no research into his personal life. Which is silly given how much I love his legacy
I guess I needed this moment of embarrassment to drive me to wikipedia.

If you get any chance to play it, do it. You will be doing yourself a favor. It's the best game for the PS4 and one of the best horror themed games in decades IMO.

Shadow of Chernobyl?

It hebocation this natural response to fear. When a saw some of his paintings, it bring me back to the first humans living in caverns, scared of the night, and in a word that they don't fully understand, ready to kill them at any moment. In that regard i can understand the natural feel you're referring to.

Nice, thanks for that, screenshots make it seen worthy

/wg/ nigger.

just keep an eye out for horror themed threads.
Also,

Gustave Dore

Me neither. I think is best that the work speak for the artist and no the other way around. But it isn't a bad idea to know more about the man

I will

Didn't know, the next time i will. Thanks

Is it a morbid curiosity? Is it not that we can't look away, but rather that we don't want to?
I'm of the mind that Bekinski didn't want to.

It would give deeper meaning to his work either way.
But like my mother always told me, the best horror movies are the ones where you never see the creature. It allows your mind to explore the most frightening options

I think that we are hard wired to have this
attraction to fear. It keep our ancestors alive, so for us humans is kind of a drug. So yes, one coul say it is morbid curiosity.

>It would give deeper meaning to his work either way. But like my mother always told me...
Sure. Well she's so right. Talking about that, i was hoping for some good movie recomendation, it's a shame none did.

This has been a satisfying conversation, thank you user.
I'm pulling up my Netflix to make a recommendation, just forgot the movie's name. One sec.

If you're looking for an intelligent thriller I recommend The Invitation (2015)
If you're looking for gutteral, gritty as fuck thriller I recommend Blue Ruin (2013)

>This has been a satisfying conversation
Agree.

Thanks for you time. Sorry for the broken english at some points, it isn't my first lenguaje.

I'm glad this thread when somewhere, didn't know what to expect about it. Learn about some great artist i may look into.

I wait for you Sup Forumsro

>The Invitation (2015)
>Blue Ruin (2013)
Ok, thanks man

See you in an other thread. Good night user

By the way if you're looking for horror I found The Witch (2015) to be terrifying.

>See you in an other thread. Good night user
You too user it was great talking to you!

>The Witch (2015)
Ok, added to the list

Now, let this thread rest.

I'm out