"No, we all HATE progressive rock music."

>"No, we all HATE progressive rock music."

It's kinda funny that the most progressive rock band of all time hates prog rock, huh?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eWOugKLRaNQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Source?

progressive rock/metal is for people that prefer listening to instruments over listening to music

are you saying instruments do not make music or is this a typo

I said that.

-Sent From My Thom Computer

>are you saying instruments do not make music
They don't have to.

>Thom Computer
>not Thomputer

Radiohead, progressive rock, and metal are for people that like the idea of listening to smart music, but don't actually understand how what they're listening to is supposed to be smart (it isn't).

>most progressive rock band of all time

They're just trendwhores, they don't innovate

>Radiohead
>progressive rock
what?

Kid A? OK Computer? In Rainbows? Their albums completely pushed rock music into realms of experimentation that no rock band ever did before.

Which isn't true of all prog rock but is a pretty good round up of the fans of those genres.

Radiohead isn't progressive anything, much less progressive rock. They make Britpop and some post-rock.

OK Thomputer

Yeah, not really though.
Progressive rock is a pretty well established genre, not just "doing stuff I haven't heard before"

What separates "listening to instruments" and "listening to music"? What is the odd barrier here we're missing?

In both cases you're hearing the sound produced by instruments. The difference is what your focus is on. If you're listening to music, you're focusing on the emotion, the composition, the sounds etc. When you listen to instruments, you're listening to it just to be impressed my the musician's skill at their instrument.

At least I think that's what he meant.

>Claims to hate Prog
>Poses with a Prog poster in the background
youtube.com/watch?v=eWOugKLRaNQ

King Crimson is the most progressive rock band of all time you unmitigated plebeian.

Word.

I see someone hasn't grown out of their Radiohead phase yet

>when you bout to serve notice to niggas who download music