ITT: Guilty Pleasures

ITT: Guilty Pleasures

>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bWfKrw3ofEo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't feel guilty user MCR is a solid band.

you shouldn't have guilty pleasures user
don't let people you don't know make you feel embarrassed for liking things

MCR is genuinely great theatrical, camp pop punk. They're actually very self aware, it's just a pity their fans aren't

i've always legitimately enjoyed them, the fanbase ruined it to be honest

it's a masterpiece m8,

I really appreciate this. I needed this. Thank you, guys.

Watching it posted just made me play to it for the first time in like 5 years. Solid work!

Nah this one is way better. More of a guilty pleasure expect less guilty and more pleasurable.

Listened to Black Parade when I was 14 but couldn't get into it, tried Bullets and was blown away. It's better than 90% of emo albums today and holds up amongst it's peers. It's actually very unique and creative for the time and I'm surprised the band went in a gayer, warper tour, pop-punk tumblrcore style after this.

Vampires, Drowning Lessons, Early Sunsets, Cubicles, Headfirst for Halos and Demolition Lovers are absolute EMO BANGERS and I'd put them on any day of the week.

Actual mad respect for Gerard and the My Chem crew with this album and respect to Geoff Rickly for producing this solid album.

Besides this album there isn't a single MCR track I like which is so weird. It's like they immediately went off the shit end after 2002.

this thread makes me feel bad

dunno about that

Oh and the drummer is INSANE on this album an absolute beast. Shame he doesn't get any credit and the fans ruined them by turning them into poster-boys for shitty 2000s pop punk cause they had MASSIVE potential and if this is your first release you're doing something right.

I 100% agree, they're self-aware and clearly wear the hearts on their sleeves but teenage girls literally will ruin anything and everything.

Funny how Bullets and MCR in general has become a bit of an underdog contender amongst Sup Forums anons. I've been reppin Bullets for a while now on here (since 2015) with not much response or reaction from anyone besides the occasional "faggot" response or "I agree user it's actually really good" from a few sick cunts.

Happy it's getting out there and getting the credit it deserves cause amongst Sup Forums's favourite emo records Bullets is better than atleast half of them.

holy fuck i hate you already

I still know the lyrics to every song.

I agree, Bullets is better than Black Parade imho. Better lyrics, arrangements, feels more original and even more authentic.
But Black Parade is still quite solid and well-composed, even has superior cohesion. Different styles, tho. Bullets is closer to core music, while black parade is closer to pop punk.
The fact that you don't like a single track outside that album is quite interesting. Did you ever give them a second chance?

I've been through Black Parade more than once and I think Disenchanted is OKAY and I Don't Love You is catchy although it's very silly and a bit shit. I jut don't like the overly dramatic vocals and guitar riffs that sound like a cheesy take on 70s and 80s glam rock. The album's theme is pretty weak too, not a big deal but between Black Parade and American Idiot, American Idiot is a better rock opera and the story actually progresses throughout the album. Welcome to the Black Parade as a song is the entire Black Parade storyline compressed into one song anyway so the concept seems pointless. The "best" tracks are the singles, the rest is filler and the only good one IMO is Disenchanted, like I said cause it sounds a bit more down-to-earth, humble and honest plus it's a lot more subtle and relatable(?)

Three Cheers is a struggle to get through cause I don't like a single track in ANY sense.

Never bothered with Danger Days cause I'm not big on most of the tracks and by then it's like I already knew I wasn't a fan or cared that much.

Bullets though, Bullets is tight with no filler tracks and has a strong artistic direction and is very creative. All elements are strong and I guess it just has superior songwriting. Works as an Emo record and a Hardcore record and even a Pop Punk record. Anyone can get into it or find something they like in it.

Agreed, Desinchanted is one of the top 3 tracks in the album. I find This is How I Dissapear, WttBP and Sleep to be just quite solid to, along with Cancer being just heartbreaking.
What fails in I Never Told You What I Did For A Living, in your opinion? And on This is Not a Fashion Statement...?
Danger Days is really meh.

Nah just don't like any songs off Three Cheers

>this thread

I love My Chemical Romance, and i'm glad other anons do as well

I actually really like Danger Days. There's some really catchy songs and Destroya and Vampire Money are absolute bangers

>he didn't like 3 cheers for sweet revenge
plebBBBBBBBBB

now everybody loves MCR fuck you guys.

No bully please.

Listen to the tracks after Ghost of You on Revenge again, user. It brings back the Bullets vibe imo. Also yeah it's a shame they kicked out Matt and said it was because he was a bad drummer when the reason was that he didn't sober up when Gerard did.

/lifelong/ here

The vibes and positivity on this album appeal to me.

my list:
weezer- green-make believe
green day- american idiot- present (the trilogy is only ok when you listen to all three and skip a few tracks)

blink 182
avenged sevenfold- walking the fallen

Avenged Sevenfold is good.

Don't feel bad user
MCR is a great band
The fanbase are the ones who want to everybody hates them

A lot of my music collection are other people's guilty pleasures.

ICP, Primus, MCR, A7X, Ugly Duckling, SOAD, Hans Zimmer, Darude, Eiffel 65, Basshunter, Skrillex, Muse, Pendulum, Deadmau5, LMFAO, Psy, Miley Cyrus and her Dead Petz, Crazy Frog, etc

mcr were my favourite band from the ages of about 12-15, and at the time three cheers was my favourite album by them, so when i listen to mcr now that's the one that gives me them nostalgia feels
if i was coming to them fresh now i'd probably prefer bullets but i've listened to them so much i can't seperate it in my head

i didn't know that, i always just believed the stuff mcr said about him being a shitty drummer and stealing from them and stuff

Foster the People - Torches

Twenty One Pilots
At least their singles, the other songs on their albums are pretty bad.

just kys already, jesus

at least your not embarrassed by your bad taste.

Oh Jesus, I haven't seen that album in years. I remember really going through a phase with her stuff.

see only good post itt

Not even a guilty pleasure really. It's good.

This is really good.

No bullying deserved. It's a pretty fun little album.

Bullets is amazing for it's rawness. Gerard's vocals on the album are top notch, he sounds like he's doing it live. MCR had a reputation for sucking live because Gerard can't sing and do a crazy stage show at the same time, so Frank sang backup and saved shows. But this album has almost no backing vocals, and it's more like the best MCR concerts as a result.
But, the songwriting on the album is underdeveloped outside of Drowning Lessons, Skylines and Turnstiles, Vampires Will Never Hurt You, and Early Sunsets Over Monroeville.

Overall, I'd argue that Three Cheers is the better album. It may not be as soulful or raw but it feels to me like MCR fully realized. The concept of the album is loose enough that it doesn't matter, and every single song on that album is a masterwork. They're like rollercoasters, building up to a chorus that should end the song, only to give way to an even more powerful chorus. It's the only MCR album without an "intro" track and that makes it feel different. Every song on the album drives and impresses, you've got the fully realized two singer/two guitarist set now and Gerard's songwriting became more abstract. Also, the vocals are more varied and as a result, the album is a little more interesting to hear.
It's also fun to note that the first half of the album (up until the Interlude) and second half of the album contrast each other as much as they compliment. The first half has songs with more of a pop punk feel than those on the latter half, and the songs are full of hooks. In the second half, the songs are odysseys that spiral and do the roller coaster thing. In that sense, they're like Bullets, which sees it's tracks speed up as they go, as if the tempo in each song is the band or listener's heartbeat. It's Not a Fashion Statement, It's a Fucking Deathwish is their best composition on this album, and stands as one of the most underrated MCR songs ever.

I like skrillex too. also from first to last, his old band

Absolutely this. I love hearing a FFTL song and hearing a riff he would totally use later as Skrillex, it's like hearing an alternate timeline version of him

Not guilty, that's the best work from a treasured Band on Sup Forums.

What's with these bands such as Blink-182, MCR, Green Day and similar getting some critical reappraisal / reacclaim 10 years later?

Like, the musical outlets who used to write bad reviews about them 10-20 years ago are now praising them and the people who used to hate them (and call them shitty emo) are into them now.

Did Pitchfork start this or?

What's going on?

What's next, please don't tell me Sup Forums is also going to be into Simple Plan and Sum 41 now...

Emo Revival underway.
Unrepentant Nostalgia has led to this.
Pepper your anus to start hearing the same things we heard in the mid/late 00s

how do you manage to write so much nothing about such a horseshit band/genre? It really baffles me.

>Emo revival
None of those bands were emo

it's good, fuck fantano and fuck you

I know, but normies don't give a fuck about genre, they just hear rock lyrics with some whining & assume it's Emo

yea if ur in middle school or ur early hs years

Emo at this point is a meme that means "pop punk with more eyeliner".

Any other albums like Bullets? I love that raw no bullshit sound

Yours is my second favorite, pic related is my first

Nah dude, Gerard is a legit good writer, lyricist wise and comic book wise.

I liked all of there albums, but god the fanbase is shit. Like every other band

Also

youtu.be/bWfKrw3ofEo
I know it's technically not MCR but
>tfw this is Japan only

I liked Avenge Sevenfold's self titled album, but that's it. As edgy as A Little Piece of Heaven is, I liked it.

Because some of it was actually good, and it took 10 years to forget how obnoxious the fans were, and appreciate it objectively without associating it with other, terrible acts.

The fanbase has to be thw worst fanbase of all time for any x music artist

I'm so fucking tired to see a fucking comment in x MCR video about fucking FOB, fucking P!ATD or fucking TOP
LEAVE THEM ALONE

Unironically this. Babymetal is really enjoyable in a dumb kind of way.

Name your favorite track on each MCR album

This includes Bonus Tracks if you want.

>Couldn't choose
>Hang em high
>house of wolves
>destroya
>the first track, can't remember the name

AFI were Better in every way and should have been the Number 1 Emo Band.

Actually
*do you know what they do to guys like is in prison?

Name your favorite AFI song then

Miseria Cantare.
By far.

I honestly think his comics are better than anything MCR, Commend him for starting Young Animal itself and with his current Doom Patrol he is basically Morrisons new apprentice.

I'm gonna go with pic related

This piece of shit

>trashing middle school
>Yet says ur
kys

agree

AFI aren't even emo

this is better tho

I hate liking it & them too.
Their music is nice & chill, if only they weren't insufferable stereotypical Californians.
They were Emo from Sing The Sorrow until Burials.

IBYMBYBMYL - Skylines and Turnstiles
TCFSR - The Jetset Life is Gonna Kill You
TPB - Sleep
DD - Party Poison
CW - The Light Behind Your Eyes

Sing the sorrow and December underground maybe. but Burials is pretty gothic, the vocalist has always described himself as goth.

That's what I'm saying, Crash Love was kind of their fade out from the emo sound.
Sing The Sorrow & Decemberunderground were two of the biggest Emo albums out there.

I'm not guilty about this album. Torches is a solid as fuck pop album from front to back.

great band, talented members , Frank also takes some good sissy nudes