ITT: bands with wasted potential

ITT: bands with wasted potential

ITT faggots whine about bands 'selling out'

There's difference between selling out and just making nothing but formulaic mediocre crap

They reached their potential with Dookie and Insomniac though, I can't see how it was wasted

/thread

American Idiot is unironically their best album to be honest.

If I had the chance I would sell out in an instant

Offspring was the better pop punk anyway

they have a handful of genuinely amazing songs.

1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours, Kerplunk! and Dookie are all great pop-punk albums (some of, if not the BEST of the genre). Inbetween albums are ho-hum.

American idiot is their magnum opus, you may think it's overrated and worn out by now and some tracks are a little outdated (Boulevard, Holiday) some do suck but the best songs on American Idiot are Green Day's BEST.

NOW they're shit. 21st Century is another attempt at American Idiot with less direction and more filler, even as a kid and a fan I knew this. Uno Dos Tre are sad attempts at the old Green Day sound with clean production that KILLS the whole point entirely.

Demolicious is actually a solid release and it's a funner, looser and grittier version of Uno Dos Tre scaled down to a single album.

Revolution Radio is 2/10 shittiest thing I've heard and an embarrassment.

Nothing beats the first three albums. Absolutely FUCKING hectic. I love Kerplunk the most especially it's 12 great songs, tight as fuck and no filler. The production compliments the songwriting and is a good soundtrack for my late teens early 20s.

Yea its called "Is this it?"

SHE HOLDS MY MALACHITE SO TIGHT
SO NEVER LET GO

Sum 41 was better than either of them, at least for their first like 4 albums

Honestly I don't think Insomniac gets enough credit, it took a bit for me but after getting into it more it just felt like a solid Dookie part 2

but they reached their potential user.

Hmmmm guess I'll have to go through it again. I have heard it a number of times and every once in a while I give it a shot but I find all the songs just sort of mold together into one forgettable sound (like a Nirvana album) they're decent tracks on their own but together the album just doesn't do anything for me.

I like Nimrod a fair bit but it was kind of an odd experimentation of sorts, there's a few great songs on it at least like Jinx/Haushinka, The Grouch, Nice Guys Finish Last, Hitchin a Ride, Good Riddance and King For a Day

People sleep on Nimrod and Insomniac a lot but I love both those albums so much

Dexter Holland's hot sauce is really fucking good.

I don't know what potential you think they had in the first place. It was slacker punk from the beginning, and they cashed in so hard on it that they really couldn't have done any better for themselves.

Fair point. You're right.

I never asked you.

Nimrod was their last good album.
Warning is where they sorta dropped the ball and exposed their pop side. Well, American Idiot was alright I guess, sort of like how The Phantom Menace is alright.

Kanye West. Imagine how good his stuff would sound if he only produced, had a different rapper who was actually somewhat technically proficient, and didn't have idiots brickwall his mixes for his tracks.

>pic related
Imagine what could have been if Bradley just put down the speedballs...

This man is correct

Not their best compared to Dookie but certainly in their top 3 and a great
comeback album, similar to MBDTF but for pop punk to be honest

Dookie is the magnum Opus, but American Idiot is great considering they practically sold out by then.

It would be amazing, but it wouldn't be Kanye. A part of listening to Kanye's music is knowing you're listening to cocky dude who makes dynamic beats and can spit over them as well. Kanye needs spotlight to be kanye, he'd probably get bored as fuck being a sole producer for another rapper.

Of course it wouldn't be Kanye; he's not a very interesting musician, just a good producer.