What's the best anti-Trump album of 2017?

What's the best anti-Trump album of 2017?

For me, it's Protomartyr's "Relatives in Descent": protomartyr.bandcamp.com/album/relatives-in-descent

Other urls found in this thread:

genius.com/Protomartyr-here-is-the-thing-lyrics
protomartyr.bandcamp.com/album/relatives-in-descent
consequenceofsound.net/2017/04/protomartyr-protest-trump-with-new-song-sweeney-ashtray-listen/
stereogum.com/1964335/a-new-dark-age-protomartyr-on-relatives-in-descent/franchises/interview/
youtube.com/watch?v=yy-SiZSlmhI.
youtube.com/watch?v=bT9LUiWXkyo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>anti-Trump
Let's not

hahaha fuck trump

TUCK FRUMP

>DUDE DRUMPF LAMO

reddit loves trump though

why r y'all so triggered that people disagree w u

i imagine mine will be either the protomartyr or car seat headrest but ive got my ears open

Proofs?

>implying triggered
Criticizing the president is the most overused and tired cliche in all of music. It's been done constantly since the what, late 50s? And it's especially obnoxious when it's criticizing a president literally no one likes like Trump. Like wow, you made the brave and original statement of fuck Trump, something 90% of the world already agrees with you on. How original and brave.

>Relatives in Descent
>Anti-Trump

You're trying way too hard on this desu

Where do they even go as far as to imply anything on the album is about Trump specifically? Provide proof or don't reply at all.

>Where do they even go as far as to imply anything on the album is about Trump specifically?

genius.com/Protomartyr-here-is-the-thing-lyrics
>It’s an odd feeling to live in a city that’s run by two or three billionaires while our country is being run by a ‘billionaire.’

protomartyr.bandcamp.com/album/relatives-in-descent
>Though not a concept album, it presents twelve variations on a theme: the unknowable nature of truth, and the existential dread that often accompanies that unknowing. This, at a moment when disinformation and garbled newspeak have become a daily reality.

>on the anti-patriarchal Male Plague, he even adopts the doltish musicality of Donald Trump’s public speeches

another anti-Trump song from before the album
consequenceofsound.net/2017/04/protomartyr-protest-trump-with-new-song-sweeney-ashtray-listen/

stereogum.com/1964335/a-new-dark-age-protomartyr-on-relatives-in-descent/franchises/interview/
>Yet he’s also quick to qualify the degree to which he can empathize with what brought us to Trump’s America: “I think someone could’ve taken that frustration and channeled it into something positive, but someone else came in and corrupted it and stoked it in a weird way.” He’s fed up with seeing op-eds about the remorseful Trump voter. People knew full well what they were buying, in his estimation; they weren’t hoodwinked, they let emotions get the best of them. “It’s always good to be reminded that, even as a country, we’re not as smart as we think we are,” he says. “It’s a new dark age.”

Alright, it's just that I don't see the problem here. It's not youtube.com/watch?v=yy-SiZSlmhI. They aren't just trying to rhyme landfill buzzwords to fulfill a shtick.

>Alright, it's just that I don't see the problem here.
Who said anything about a problem?

>Who said anything about a problem?
It seems that every thread about Protomartyr seems to imply that, while they're as far from Stray From the Path as possible.

Holy fucking shit, the absolute state of nu-hardcore, edgy emos screeching about dumb bullshit

youtube.com/watch?v=bT9LUiWXkyo
This video might give you some insight. He's specifically talked about similar "nu-hardcore" bands.

>le triggered meme
>mad = wrong somehow

Is this satire? This is the most obnoxious idiotic shit I've heard since le wrong generation meme. There was always awful bands, now we can filter them out better.

No, this is reality. He's explaining the motivation of record producers for signing and working with such bands.

Of course its the fat middleaged metalhead who yells at the cloud.

Can't applaud him for being that much of a metal fan, but he knows about audio production.

>implying hardcore has ever been anything but

DUDE EVERY SONG SOUNDS THE SAME LMAO

>And it's especially relevant when it's criticizing a president literally no one likes like Trump.

FTFY.

>president literally no one likes like Trump
if no one liked him he wouldnt be the president

new Nickelback

You're not even trying.

the trumpets are contained to maybe 4 or 5 major subreddits, they aren't welcome in the rest

>president literally less than half of the US voted for

like 99% of bands are liberals, basically all music is anti-trump music

TWO SCOOPS OF FROZEN DESSERT

DRUMPFFFF

>liberals
that word doesn't mean what you think it means

this album seems to signal them getting boring

disappointing

>And it's especially obnoxious when it's criticizing a president literally no one likes like Trump. Like wow, you made the brave and original statement of fuck Trump, something 90% of the world already agrees with you on. How original and brave.

Pretty much sums up my feelings about the "resistance" and "anti-trump" thing going on here in the U.S.

The vocals don't help at all.

ITT

System of a down needs to release their new album already, we need them more than ever

That's not how US elections work

>hurr durr I can't understand words mean different things in different places
In the US "liberal", "progressive", and (more recently as a slur) "regressive" all mean the same group, which advocates for it's special interest groups and identity snowflakes, as well as strict government control over everything but pot and abortions

keep politics out of music ffs
good fucking record so far, it's growing on me

You realize that classical liberals are not considered liberals in modern parlance, they are libertarians

Modern liberals are pretty much the opposite of classical liberals

/thread

>classical liberals

There are still idiots who are unironically pro Trump and it signals to both parties that people are tired of them putting up such shitty candidates that we literally had to settle for this.

Some people are probably just doing it to be trendy sure and they're obnoxious but that doesn't diminish anything.

just cause somone made it into a starter pack doesnt mean its bad

There are people here that would look at this and feel proud you realize.

See? This meme doesn't work on this demographic because they're so far up their asses.

>nazis and leftists are both bad
um, yeah. I think we can all wholeheartedly agree with that

What is even the connecting theme of these. Some are bad some are good, many have no relation to each other, Who the fuck even are some of these people, and why do you have this image?

are you new to this meme

>my ad hom shame memes don't work on people who don't care what you think

w-what? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE ASHAMED

don't you UNDERSTAND the power of MY MEME?! ARE YOUR U NEW TO THIS??

omg you people I can't even

t.

sorry, i don't go to Sup Forums