How do you guys deal with the fact that there is no God?

How do you guys deal with the fact that there is no God?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ObPg3ki9GOI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Quite well actually because I'm atheist and they only made of gods to explain on explainable events and during the early ages of life and the churches to make money

Disproving God is impossible just like proving him. Trying to convince true believers there is no God is absolutely impossible. This bait is posted on here every day.

From a calligraphy standpoint math symbology is pretty beautiful. This is all straight jargon to me because I'm uneducated swine though.

To answer your question I never humored the idea there was one. So I know nothing of the comforts blind faith bring.

So what is W?

each symbol in that equation has a meaning

things like addition and synonymy require judgements

It is a fallacy to think that just because you can't disprove something means that we must always hold out the possibility that it is true. The burden of proof is on the one making the assertion.

I could say there is a single teapot on Mars right now. My proof is that you can't prove that there isn't. As retarded as that is, a strange quirk in human logic means that we give 50 / 50 weights to an argument and a counterargument, however unbalanced they are.

You're welcome.

lol there is no such thing as a "burden of proof"

negative statements are "proved" the same way positive statements are, either through reason or through experience

depends on what is a god

>posting a philosophical optimist in an atheist thread

well i mean you guys are talking about math

Is he responsible for the symbology? This is interesting I'd like to read about it.
By the way is there a more proper way to say "mathematical symbology" ? Is there no word for them?

>being as gay as you and OP

nothing is set in stone

This is sort of irrefutable. The faith is inherently illogical

I'm disappointed in you both.

The word youre looking for is either "variable" or "operator"

This is now a STEM thread. Take your fedora else where.
What exactly is posted on the op is tensor calculus, which (I think) most mostly developed by another German mathematician named David Hilbert, and an several Italian named Ricci and I can't recall the other. This was developed several hundred years after Newton and Leibniz's work. There was actually quite a controversy as to who first invented calculus that you should read up on if you are interested. Long story short, the two men invented it independently from onr another - Newton created it first, but never published and About 10 years later Leibniz published his. Check this out for more
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ObPg3ki9GOI

Oh yeah this is embarrassing. Lol! Uneducated swine I tell you

>mathematical symbology
Notation, perhaps?

>F is "other forces"
It's the fucking electromagnetic stress tensor- so it's E&M forces.

have you ever heard of leibniz's "the metaphysical foundations of mathematics"?

>There was actually quite a controversy as to who first invented calculus
Checked
What's really interesting is that they both started on separate ends of the subject. Newton trying to solve the problem of finding the slope of a curve at a given point (the derivative), and Leibniz trying to find the area beneath a curve in a given interval. Those of you familiar with the subject of course know that this relationship is fleshed out as the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus (or Analysis, if you prefer).

I'm not familiar with it. Can you give me a quick run down?

leibniz said that mathematics is dependent on metaphysics

in other words, we understand mathematics through philosophical principles

kant echoed this idea with his "categories of pure reason", specifically the ideas of "quality, quantity, relation, and modality"

those 4 ideas are not mathematical in their essence, but are necessary for an understanding of mathematics in general

thus the origins and foundations of mathematics are philosophical in nature

>we must hold out the possibility of it being true
That's what any scientist would tell you we have to do. There is no real 100% truths in the world. New theories and evidence shows up all the time. Closing the door and locking it on any theory goes against science

>>we must hold out the possibility of it being true
Quads of truth.

sure there is truth

i can say

"either a or b

not a

therefore b"

that is 100% true

or what about falsification?

what if say

"all swans are white"

and then i find a black swan

would the truth be "not all swans are white"?

Physics-fag here; the W intended to be proportional to the probability of a macroscopic state for some probability distribution of possible microstates. It's more-or-less the chance that something really exists, which is consistent with the author's purpose for publishing the equation.

Interesting.
>proportional to the probability
Why not adjust the formula go give the actual probability?

Very interesting. I'm not very familiar with the philosophical roots, but I do know that each of those four terms have specific mathematical definitions. So which paradigm do you follow? In my history of mathematics class, we learned there are three main contemporary theories: logicism (which to my understanding has been dead since the work of Kurt Godel), formalism, and intuitionism. Logicism sounded the most attractive to me, but unfortunately I can't see a way of getting around the incompleteness theorem and don't know that much about ZFC.

There is no room for absolutes in science. We can think something is true beyond a reason of a doubt, but there's always the possibility of it being proven wrong at some point

There could be simplifications but the equation was written this way specifically as a "statement" by the author, the purpose of which is to show that there is enough detail our current understanding of math and physics to inhibit the belief in metaphysics.

If god isn't real then why science can't explain muh miracles, and hypnosis, and 'magic' such as mind reading. If God doesn't exist why do people believe in him?
Here is a hard one for you godless degenerates to answer.
If God doesnt exist why are there so many scientists openly believing in god?

And the last and hardest one, if God doesn't exist, why have scientists weighed the human soul?

I am ready to die for you Higgs
I will write this equation on my head band and plow a truck into some disbeleivers
Higgs Akbar!!!

>why have scientists weighed the human soul
LOL.

Live my life I don't spend that much time thinkng about it

Ahh the old ignorance is bliss approach.

No real point in thinking about it it's out of our control

Well I don't believe in God why should I spend anymore time thinking about it? You you want to believe then go for same if you are a non believer

I don't care what other people do if it makes them happy why bother

Fucking retard, dont breed.

I'm assuming you're underage

Depends on what you mean by God.

If God is the symbolic abstraction of the proper way to conduct yourself in the universe than it's self evident that God does exist. Granted this is a 'mere' manifestation of the inadequacy of the human mind to comprehend objective reality (except in limited cases which require extreme effort) but that doesn't exactly make it less 'real'

I'll just invent a new one.