Sup Forums's Top 100 Songs of the 1980s (FINAL RESULTS)

Here are the final results of the poll. Enjoy!

bamp

Now one image.

Why is Another Brick in the Wall there?

>Rick Astley nowhere in the top 10
How the fuck did you let this happen Sup Forums

>board of virgins
>Violent Femmes-Add It Up isn't on the list

>How soon is now?
Overrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There should be I Know It's Over in its place!!!!! Words cannot express my anger

Because Part 2 was released as a single in the beginning of 1980, and it was super high charting that year, so it counts.

Well well well, it seems that Sup Forums has let their guard down and revealed that they have been filthy plebs this whole time! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

>a song from the 70's is actually an 80's song because it was more commercially successful in the 80s

Did you completely ignore the part where he said that it was released as single in 1980?

So? I'm sure some 80's single has been reissued this year, doesn't make it a '10's tune.

I made a playlist of all the ones I could. I only have 1/4 of them.

The difference is that it wasn't reissued. It was released when it just came out and it was still massively popular. It's not like The Wall was released during 1978. It was released during the end of the year.

And by end of the year, I also mean at the very end of the decade.

It was still released in the 70's, your list is ruined hahaha, what a waste of your autism powers.

>blue monday better than age of consent

>Released as single in the 80s
What part of that do you not understand, you mindless swine.

>muh single
Nigga it was released on the album in 1979.
It was made in the 70's
It already existed in the 70's
It was already released in the 70's
People were already listening to it in the 70's
It's a 70's song.
Doesn't matter if they released it as a single in the 80's, 90's, or tomorrow, it's was already released in the 70's.
What part of this do you not get?

I have to agree, I fundamentally disagree with your decision to include songs released in 1979. London Calling, Bela Lugosi's Dead and Another Brick in the Wall were 70s songs.

Then by that logic, I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers is automatically an 80s since it was made in the 80s and it was on an album during the 80s, even though most know it as a 90s song because that's when it was popularized. Sometimes a song can be of both decades, y'know.

WTF? Do people really think of 500 miles as a 90's song?
It's always been an 80's song, even in popularity
>"I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" is a song written and performed by Scottish duo The Proclaimers, and first released as the lead single from their 1988 album Sunshine on Leith. The song reached number 11 in the UK Singles Chart on its initial release, and it has since become their most popular song worldwide, initially becoming a number 1 hit in Iceland, before reaching number 1 in both Australia and New Zealand in early 1989.[2]
What the hell is wrong with you?
>Sometimes a song can be of both decades, y'know.
No.

>Bela Lugosi's Dead
Okay, after looking it up, maybe I shouldn't have put that up there, but I don't really listen to a lot of Bauhaus, so that's where the ignorance came in on that. I apologize for that one.

>London Calling, Train In Vain
I'll allow them because although it was released late in December of '79, the album itself wasn't released to a much more mainstream audience in the U.S. until January of 1980. So, I personally believe it counts. But like I said in the previous comment, some songs can be of both decades. Doesn't necessarily make it right or wrong.

I can give London Calling and Train in Vain a pass as well.

>Toto - Africa
Kek

Yes, a lot of people really do consider I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) a 90s song because that's when it reached major mainstream success in the U.S., even though it was originally recorded and released in the U.K. during the 80s. Like I've said, sometimes a song can be of both decades. If you don't like the answer, then don't like that answer, but at the end of the day, I'm the one that runs these threads, and I personally stand by my choice of Another Brick In the Wall, Pt. 2 and songs from London Calling.

>One Nick Cave song, and it's in the lower half of the list.

>808 State - Pacific State didn't make it
RIP Sup Forums

>A much more mainstream audience in the US
Can you explain what makes the US audience inherently more mainstream other than sheer virtue of being American?

First one that I'm ok with
10's, 00's and 90's lists were garbage

>First one that I'm ok with
You have inexcusably shit taste.

t.Sup Forums
Sup Forums famously has shit taste and those other lists are proof

Looks like stale dadrock on first glance

t. Sup Forums in denial

All 4 lists are shit.

Not that the picks are bad, but oh boy, Sup Forums's starting to look a lot like rolling stone or nme.

>No Mr. Fingers
>No 808 State
>No M|A|R|R|S
>No Hüsker Dü
>No Sugarcubes
>No Stone Roses
>No Butthole Surfers
>No Fall
>No Spacemen 3
>No Slayer
>No Cocteau Twins
>No My Bloody Valentine
>No They Might Be Giants

>a-Ha - Take on Me
>Toto - Africa
>A Flock of Seagulls - I Ran
>The Human League - Don't You Want Me
>Huey Lewis & The News - Hip to Be Square
>Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Right Round
>Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
>Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want to Have Fun
>Girls Just Want to Have Fun
>Girls Just Want to Have Fun

Poptimism truly was a mistake

every time Sup Forums makes fun of reddit, show them these lists.

Remember that "Sup Forums's top 100 movies" list which was made from the first 100 posts on a thread, whatever they were?
That was better than this shit

For as much as we beat on RYM, the Sonemic top 100 songs of the 1980s is much better than this shitlist

>16 out of 100 were ones I posted
Damn it feels good to control Sup Forums's taste

what a boring list of almost identical music

no wonder this is the worst board

Boopybap

That or you're part of the same youtube comment section-esque hivemind.