I'm getting laser eye surgery tomorrow

I'm getting laser eye surgery tomorrow.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3235707/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

enjoy your scar tissue and blindness in 20 years

I got It in july. Im just gonna spoil It: the day off the operation Will SUCK BALLS. But after It its not that bad, maybe sleeping with shades is a little bit of a hassle but whatever

glhf

i had it done and i was blinded in one eye. enjoy

good lord that looks fucking medieval

Lucky you

don't blink or move your eye or you'll go blind.

What kind of archaic laser eye surgeon are you going to? They haven’t had to cut the lens flap open like that for years now.

>I got It in july. Im just gonna spoil It: the day off the operation Will SUCK BALLS. But after It its not that bad, maybe sleeping with shades is a little bit of a hassle but whatever

Yeah I'm fully expecting it to be shit for at least the first few days. I think I get a pair of goggles to wear while my eyes are still sensitive.

>glhf

Ty

Good luck, i hope it works out for you and you end up with great vision.

A piece of advice OP. If you can help it after the surgery don’t open your eyes at all for the rest of the day. Also keep extra bottles of eyes drops for the following months.you gonna need them and they actually help.

your eyes may get dryer after the surgery, it's a hassle, specially in the morning you may hurt your eyes by opening then too fast while they are dry.

I still need to get it? I think it depends on how bad your eyesight is.

Had mine done 12+ years ago and still have clear vision. Procedure was painless, albeit freaky when you see them lasering your eyeballs. Recovery time was fairly quick, saw some halos at night but even that went away.

Thanks, I hope so too!

Yeah I should get all the drops and stuff after it to take 4 times a day. I'm probably just gonna go home and lie in bed for the first day minimum.

12 years ago? Geez. And everything's still okay? I've heard a lot of scare stories about operations done that long ago, the technology not being as advanced I mean

Lol I'll try

Depends on whether you're gettin' lasik or prk.

I had prk, took a godamn year to recover fully. My left eye is absolutely perfect now and my right stops working after around midday. Even so my vision is the best amongst my friends coworkers. Don't regret it at all.

Got an eye patch? That would be pretty cool.

I'm getting iDesign LASIK with Optical Express.

Don't, it's not worth the risk.

I just stocked up on groceries, closed the curtains wore sunglasses indoors. Had zero post op pain and caught up on all Fresh Prince.

Too late now man, fuck it. Anyway the success rate is like 99.9% so if anything severely fucks up then I'll buy a lotto ticket

The same day? The guys in the branch were telling me they went home and watched Netflix but then I'm hearing people saying they couldn't see for the rest of the day. Guess it depends what type you get.

I had it done in August and it was the best money I have ever spent. No pain whatsoever. Right after the surgery I could see, albeit blurry, and as long as I kept my eyes shut I didn't feel anything. Open them and it felt like I had an eyelash in them, but not pain.

They didn't recommend lasik for me because I play a bit of sport. Too easy to accidentally tear the eye open.

Really don't let him scare you, it'll be fine.

If you don't say "Less yappin', more zappin'" I will hunt you down.

I'll probably need a touch up procedure due to aging and too much tapping. Otherwise, still good to go.

And yes, the method they used was the old guillotine method.

In that case good luck

I had a bad result with Lasik. I have permanently dry eyes. Thing is, without ever having it this bad I never had any context for how it would actually be.

This is such a burden I actually turned down a 100k/year job because it was basically all on computer (electrical estimator) and my eyes would get so dry I couldn't see, even with medicated eye drops.

Please user, reconsider. I count this as one of the top 3 worst mistakes of my life.

Ah I see. Yeah I've been told no rubbing my eyes for 2 weeks ahaha

On the first day your vision will be blurry but it'll still be wayyy better than it was. I could see my tv crystal clear. Kind of like if you're wearing glasses but your eyes are a bit wet.

Agreed

Oh, and that discomfort was only the day of. I got out of the place at like 4:30pm, went home, had a drink, and just slept for a bit. The day after I could see just fine. Not 20/20 but, like, could drive and everything. And within the week it was 20/20.

You're a whoreson

The first day will feel like onions in your eyes. Grit and bear it. By the second day you will be fine.

Don't freak out. It was the best decision I ever made.

Ah, yeah I've seen a few YouTube videos of the guillotine and it looks pretty though ahaha

That's what I'm hoping for!

Yeah I'm prepared for a few days of pain, but I'm glad you recovered so fast!

Alright four eyes

no i really mean you're a whoreson, i've got a personal issue with you buddy

I had every side effect possible.
Loss of night vision.
Halos.
Dry eyes.
Light sensitivity.
Poor enough vision that I still need glasses.

I suggest that you avoid caffeine for 72 hours before the procedure. If they took measurements in preparation for the surgery while you had caffeine in your system, you may want to ask for new measurements after you have avoided caffeine for 72 hours.

Yeah I heard the first day you'll be able to see but not well, 2nd day you'll be able to see almost perfectly and then after that you should be able to drive etc

How come?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3235707/

>dry eyes are a remarkably frequent consequence of LASIK surgery, with up to 95% of patients experiencing symptoms of dry eyes after corneal refractive surgery

Oh, I never heard anything about that. I haven't had any in the last 48 hours so won't have any tomorrow. Thanks for the tip. Sorry your surgery didn't work out perfectly.

your post history makes me sick, you're a fucking racist bigot

95% in the long term or short term?

Fuckin whoreson

There's no such thing as post history ya mong

you're a no good motherfucker and you obviously don't know how to internet

I was told I needed glasses when I was 9. Twelve years later, I still haven't worn any correction. Squint ferquently bit I hardly notice it anymore. Thought about getting Lasik but the bad seems to outweigh the good by far. Why shave off bits of my eyes when 5 years from now there could be something available that's less risky?

I don't know. All I know is in my case it's permanent and it's an unbelievable burden. Sometimes I can't even drive because my eyes turn to sand and no amount of eye drops help for more than a few seconds. In the evening I typically can't see the tv or computer clearly because of a days worth of dry eyes. Dryness causes inflammation in the eyes! Yep, my eyes are inflamed all the time!

Don't do it. Please, don't do it.

yeah borther he's a huge pedo whoreson

Take it back :'(

nah dude you overdid it this time, we're watching you

Have you considered that all the eyedrops you're using are actually hampering your endogenous eye moisture? Devil's advocate, sorry.

A lot of medical procedures would probably look medieval to you.

i mean actually there is and what you're posting here everyday is fucking sick! You're the cance or Sup Forums

Congrats dude!
get ready for the coolest laser show of your entire lifetime.
also get ready to know how burnt cornea smells.

if they offer you ahcance to take some xanax or something beforehand, do it. makes the laser show trippier.

nah boy, we're not done with
yet

Just shut up, you brainlet.

You always need to do a flap. PKR (no flap) is painful and you'll have a "haze" during weeks (max 6months).

You are talking about "femto smile", but try to correct astigmatism with that, good luck.

Lasic fag here, no dry eyes.

Haha! I'm not sure if they will, laws in the UK are pretty strict about shit like that

Thays not how it works at all

I wouldn't be talking if I were you. You never know who will find your 4channel post history.

Thank you! 2 of my colleagues had LASIK and were back to work in less than a week

>iDesign LASIK
Great laser.

You are a statistical anomoly.

i had lasik a few years ago.. forget i even had it done until someone talks about
eyesight is 20/20 with 0 implications. best money ive spent on myself tbh

Nice bait

Personal experience?

i was talking with the other guy and not with you but i agree

Nice one man, glad it went well

I AM

Lasers = the future

One day we will see with the lasers.

Did they do the test beforehand to see how teary your eyes get? Also have you tried the drops that are basically goo? Take ages to evaporate.

Anyone had an iol?

I had LASIK in October at LASIK Plus and it only took about 5 minutes total. The worst part is when they eye gouge you, but it isn't that bad since your eyes are numb. The rest of the day after I got it it just felt like I was swimming in a pool with a lot of chlorine, but was completely fine the next day. 20/15 now

OP here, I'm gonna call it a night guys, up early to get through for my appointment. Thanks to those of you that wished me the best!

Mine was instantaneous 20/20. Before, I couldn't see the alarm clock from arms length without glasses. After the procedure, I had 20/20 vision and can see clear across the room.

>muh dry eyes
I always recuse people like you.

pro-tip: those drops don't work, it's bullshit.

and you're a faggot that's ok

There's no pain if you don't do a PKR. Don't try to close your eyes like a retard. You can't close them but you can hurt your eyelids.

well if the doctor is prescribing it specifically for the surgery, take it ;)

>caffeine for 72 hours before the procedure
Why ?

That's the most retarded thing I ever heard about this surgery.

>I was told I needed glasses when I was 9. Twelve years later, I still haven't worn any correction.

Google "farsightedness".

caffeine is a vasoconstrictor (it restricts bloodflow)
also can make your eyes shake if you take a ton (coffee jitters)

If they're gonna put him under he cant eat or drink the night before surgery. The stuff they use to put you under will make you puke if you drink.

You're going to regret it.
Your choice though.

Why do you think that?

dem tripz, chequed

I'm working in the field. And yes, I know Optical Express.

I tried all the laser in the market and AMO laser are great. Optical express have the best hardware. I don't always like their surgeons, but they maintain their equipement.

>caffeine is a vasoconstrictor
So ?

> can make your eyes shake
So ? You know there's an eye tracking system, right ?

Stop giving retarded advices. It doesn't do anything.