Hey, Sup Forums, it's been a long while

Hey, Sup Forums, it's been a long while.

Your friendly neighborhood surgeon here. What sort of medical issues and questions are plaguing the asshole of the internet tonight?

>Pic related, dis jus what I do

>Disclaimer: all pictures from internet/textbooks, I'm aware of HIPAA

pretty sure i have a sebaceous cyst. its fairly small maybe dime sized but its sore to the touch and red. should i assume its infected? also how can i remove it myself?

They get inflammed all the time. You usually don't need antibiotics, since they can drain externally.

If it's really bothersome, just have it removed. Any surgeon or even primary care docs remove them in office.

hey surgebro, thanks for the work that you do. medical bros like you deserve lots of money much more than econ/finance cunts who just fuck over anyone they can.

cheers

What kind of man are you?
Answer it as if being a surgeon is completely irrelevant

thankyou

I'm going to need surgery on my foot in a few months. I have significant ligament and tendon damage.

What is the procedure exactly and what kind of recovery time should I possibly expect?

im airborne in the army, chute didnt open all the way, burned in pretty hard, nothing broken but when i walk or run over a mile my right leg goes numb, mri isnt showing anything either

Just in case you might somehow be the guy who worked on my face during the accident, thanks

NP.

Outside of patient care, I'm a different person. I'm insecure, have confidence issues especially with women, and am a quiet person in general. In the hospital and especially in the OR, for some reason (never quite figured this out), everything changes. I'm the captain of the ship.

I have no idea. I'm a head and neck cancer surgeon.

Military docs tend to suck, and find any reason not to blame .mil for your issues. I would try to get a second opinion or if you can get VA care, try that.

Could be anything.

I have saved up money for surgery the past 3 years, but I don't really know if I can have all the procedures done at once. I just want them done at once so I can suffer one time.
I'm kind of aware that plastic surgeons might think I'm crazy for wanting too many things at once, specially when there's nothing necessarily wrong with me other than the fact I have body dysmorphia and will not disclose it, ofc.
So, basically what I'm planning to get is liposculpture, breast augmentation and glute augmentation, along with a facelift and labiaplasty. I'm 23 years old btw.
Can it be done all at once or will it be too much for my body to handle? Will a plastic surgeon agree to these procedures or will he think I'm crazy, because the truth of the matter is, I kind of am, because I struggle with anorexia nervosa, though I'm kind of recovering, but I'm kind of still sick. I know I have to disclose this, but I won't.

Is it easy being a surgeon?
How hard was it to become one?

yeah im in that boat right now, taking leave and going somewhere to try and fix or figure out whats wrong, only problem is the insurance part of it i tricare is weird about going somewhere else that the army cant provide, but im almost 99% sure its nerve damage, ive done a nerve block and im getting a epidural steroid in my back, already done PT, would you suggest regularly going to a chiropractor?

Plastic surgery is odd. It's all elective, so the surgeons can pick and choose who they operate on. And if someone comes in with demands like yours, expect to be GRILLED. I'm guessing you have a form of body dysmorphic disorder, and no plastic surgeon should touch you (i.e. surgery will not fix your problems). You say that you wouldn't disclose these issues, but plastic surgeons spend most of their effort in pre-op visits sniffing out patients like you.

You could probably find some surgeon to do this, but he would charge a huge rate and abandon you if any issues. I would focus on mental health.

oh look it's THIS thread again
>Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
if you really WERE a maxillofacial surgeon then:
1. fuck off 1%er faggot
2. go wallow in your tax cut attention whore
3. you love being praised for being a surgeon and post the same shitty pics every time
die already
sage

Don't get plastic surgery. That's gay. Fake boobs are gay. Don't be gay.

Someone is jealous
Don't you have NEETbux to spend?

how can I stop getting yest infections every-time my period comes around?
>yes I shower everyday, no soap used down there
>my pre-menstrual symptoms change from time to time, i used to get a really acidic feeling before but no yeast
>overweight by 50lbs

Hypothetically, if I found someone who agreed to it, could I have all the procedures done at once? What are the cons of having all of those done at once, recovery wise?

It's not easy nor was it easy to get here. Long hours, sick patients, high stress, bad outcomes (in head and neck cancer), perfect expectations.

But I love my job, despite the stresses.

stay mad fgt

Depends on the chiropractor. Some are quacks, some actually understand MSK pain and how to treat it. I think most chiropractors are quacks using medical superstition and mistrust to make a buck.

eat healthier. when your period comes around your imune system is shot to shit, so you need to have a better diet and exercise to boost it. I'm not even OP. I'm still in med school, but that's what I think

How does I shot web?

why do i keep getting pimples full of puss every time i shave my crotch

folliculitis. You should try wax instead.

Thanks man good to hear another ear about this, this shits stressing me out hard core lol

>army dude

hi what is hygene

Oh hey. I remember your topics. Neck guy right?

My dad is a family practice MD, I work for one of the largest healthcare providers.

Umm.... I guess I don't have any questions right now. My GF I guess had a smelly fish smell in her vag a week ago. First time it's ever happened and she is almost 30. It went away, but things are a little off. She thinks she overwashed down there. Will it go back to normal on its own?

>tits for your attention

Do you make around 400-500k a year? Any special perks?

do you re-attach muscles or are you the kind of clown that just stitches skin.

how do i get rid of those like weird red/brown dots/pimples on my arms? i looked it up and it was called like chicken skin?

the guy is a surgeon, not a dermatologist lol

That looks like Ben Daimio from hellboy

Been having weird brain zaps all of a sudden. Usually I get them from coming off of anxiety medication, but I haven't been taking my medication for months. Must be a brain tumor amirite?

How many patients have passed away under your care?

What was the hardest case you've ever had? Any horror stories?

Yes, last year cleared $400k for first time. No special perks. Shitty insurance, but bretty gud 403b matching.

I mean, the muscle common muscles I split during surgery are plastysma and straps, and I always stitch those back together before skin. I tell my residents, "by the time you get to skin, the neck should be closed."

See a dermatologist

What is a brain zap?

Are you a sociopath? How many of your colleagues are sociopaths?

You can still experience withdrawal symptoms, like these zaps, even months after you have been off the medication. There's nothing you can do about it, but it's nothing you should worry about.

>I would focus on mental health.

Similar to the feeling you get when you're falling asleep and you jerk awake. A split second feeling of electricity going through your body. Sucks ass.

Fucking meds. Thanks, user

Hi, Im a med student and I just finished my first year of studies.

How were your student years? How did you manage all that fucking stress and anxiety? Exactly when did you realized you loved what you were studiying?

I cut my finger a month or two ago. And while it healed up i cant feel anything where the flap in pic healed. Is there anything I can do to get the feeling back

My damn ear keeps popping every time I take a drink. It's fucking annoying. I tried salt gargles, gum, you name it, won't go away. Any advice?

I'm a med student and M-2 was the worst year of MY ENTIRE LIFE.
I almost killed myself because I burned out. I know it's not helpful, but all I can say is if you feel like you are losing it, don't do it like me and brush it off as if it was nothing, or be too proud to ask for help or even go on meds. I tried to ignore it, sleep it off and it was one of the stupidest things I ever did.

I'm not the Medifag, but I had something similar. I fell on a broken bottle and severed the nerves on my left hand pinky when I was 16 years old. I had a numb patch on the tip for at least a decade but slowly feeling returned. I still have the scar, but the feeling is 100% now.

nope

how is Dr Babanga doing?

Thats good to hear, this really bugs me when I press or just touch things. I didnt get stitches, I just taped it down

The nerves are fucked for now but they'll regrow back. Just give it time to heal and don't let it get infected.

I did the same. I was told I needed 5 stitches, but had no medical, so I just put a band-aid on it and let it heal. My experience is anecdotal though, so keep in mind you may not get feeling back. But I'll hope that you do man.

work with metal?

you should have gotten the stitches or stitched yourself .

I had no money when it happened. I cut myself with a large pocket knife working on my motorcycle, I felt really dumb when it happened

live you learn (use real tools lol and if you dont have them borrow them)

i did this with a skeleton frame knife the fucker closed when i applied pressure right on my fucking finger. i knew i needed stitches so i super glued it. scars not too bad

Do you find all the cutting of human flesh somehow dehumanizes or changes your humanity? These photos of patients seem to depict dumb meat bags when their families might see them as precious spiritual personalities. That seeming paradox and my fear of what it might cause me to become deterred me from pursuing medicine.