• ʳᵉᵐᶤᶰᵈᵉʳ

• ʳᵉᵐᶤᶰᵈᵉʳ

I tip but there's no denying businesses should be paying for their employees rather than the customer

I used to get all pissed about bad/non tippers when I was a pizza guy. Then I grew up and realized I was the one who chose that job and that tipping is a choice courtesy.

The American federal government requires a wage of at least $2.13 per hour be paid to employees that receive at least $30 per month in tips. If wages and tips do not equal the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour during any week, the employer is required to increase cash wages to compensate.

It's not on us to compensate them. It's on the employer, legally. They can receive that compensation from the employer and not from me. The food prices are not cheaper at these restaurants, they are higher once you consider the added price of a gratuity. Tipping is only a way for an employer to save on costs at the expense of their customer. You won't fool me with your bullshit. I've had plenty of friends who were servers who pulled in $200 out of 8 hour shifts regularly.

Or you could jusy pay your waiters a decent salary.

even samefag can be correct once in a while

>servers are paid 2-3 dollars per hour

Not true. At the end of the pay period if at any point (including tips) the server made less than minimum wage the company has to pay them the minimum hourly rate.

At the end of the day, servers make significantly more than minimum wage and no one seems to care.

Personally, I tip. I would be more in favor of paying minimum wage and then not tipping.

How about this.
You give me exceptional service and I may tip you.
If you just do your job fuck off.

depends where you are. Were i'm from, gov. takes a base tax thats supposed to be taken from teh ''declared'' amount of tips you get, but if you dont get any you still ahve to pay it. a 35hour work week = 350$ - 75$(the tax) , + the tip money, but if you dont make the tip money you just get less money

This seems like a really fucking stupid system. Just pay your employees the right amount and raise prices a little to cover it. Why should the customer be a voluntary middle man? So weird.

Considering a lot of places just force the tip onto your bill without concent/your knowledge, I don't see why not tipping is a problem these days.

You know, the only cheap piece of shit is the restaurant owner who are using tips to offset paying their employees actual fair wages to the customers so they can pocket the extra cash. Tips should not be necessary. I'm not OBLIGATED to give you money just so I can get my food before it's cold.

Leave a tip you cheap fuckers. If you're that broke cook your food at home.
Jew niggers

because not everywhere does this you retard

exactly

Because America is ass backwards but think they aren't

kek

This

If tipping were more efficient than a decent wage being paid in the first place it would have caught on in more than three professions

I've worked shit jobs that involved a lot of public interface, never got tipped. I even worked as a security guard and regularly busted people trying to break into other people's cars. Nary a tip

When writing down "Ribeye, rare. Baked potato with chives" requires a PhD, then you get something extra

"the only condition..."

Fuck off, this is not a condition. I'll do what I want, if you don't like it get a better job.

lol yep

I don't tip, I'm not going to reward people for neglecting education and having no skills.

And the thing is, they wouldn't even have to raise prices. Factoring in no tipping, a sit down meal would cost less overall

Yes, 17 year old waiter i'm not going to tip you.
>they wont spit and jizz in your food after this

The thing is, if the service was so shitty that I didn't leave a tip then I'm not coming back to the restaurant anyway so the threat of having my food spat in is a non-issue.