/metal/

satan

old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TJ6X8EbQEIo
youtube.com/watch?v=ZmHX0l_2__4
youtu.be/iNSl0Gtb8YI
youtube.com/watch?v=CP_8tAPNa2Q
metalsucks.net/2010/04/21/metta-mind-journal-cynics-paul-masvidal-on-death-the-band-and-the-state-of-being/amp/
clyp.it/bpx00gjo
youtube.com/watch?v=JO7TZGgBbOw
youtube.com/watch?v=GtxC6PFmVG8
metal-archives.com/bands/False
clyp.it/4trwij1b
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

where were you when you realized this is SW's best song?
youtube.com/watch?v=TJ6X8EbQEIo

Brooot :DDD

i think i found the best thing that this genre has to offer

youtube.com/watch?v=ZmHX0l_2__4

thanks for posting

better than the original

Who are some /metal/ virgins? Xasthur? Euronymous? Was Chuck a gay faggot who died of AIDS?

any DSBM

kvlt as fvck

stop posting this, nig

according to varg euro wasn't able to get himself a girl
about chuck i don't really think so (but it's a funny maymay)

>still talking shit about a guy you killed 20 years ago

why's he such a dick

I'm drunk, rec me slam. I like Gravitational Distortion & shit.

their first album

>no edition
>not putting their best album as pic in OP
come on, man, you're killing me!

Does this album really need to be 70 minutes long?

Only Chuck is real

satan sucks

moonsorrow's entire discography is overlong mediocrity

>only aids is real
ftfy

>implying you wouldn't let Masvidal pozz you after a band rehearsal

post thicc OSDM

youtu.be/iNSl0Gtb8YI

do you homos have to flaunt your faggotry every damn thread? fuck off

How do you make black metal? I'm genuinely curious. Is one guitar just 10 gain and 10 treble while another one is relatively clean? I can't hear any sort of dynamics/subtleties on the one with gain, but when other people do it just works.
HOW do they do it?

>manlet

no thanks

Anyway, a lot of ITP's lyrics are about how much chuck hated Paul, so idk if that means he was secretly gay for him deep down or if he legit despised him

I'd lean towards the latter because both Paul and Sean R seem like giant condescending pseudo-intellectual assholes

>seem like giant condescending pseudo-intellectual assholes

This is how reddit describes patricianhood

youtube.com/watch?v=CP_8tAPNa2Q

you invoke the inner demon within you and reek havoc during cold winter

Chuck was a huge pseud, too.

dont say that

alright ill give it a go, be back in a bit

He isn't wrong, though.

>commentary track
For real though, a really underlooked DM album.

>not listening to Fenriz's commentary
It certainly is, packed with great riffs, ravishing solos, cold, dream like atmosphere and great drumming.

WHEN I SAY WHITE YOU SAY POWER

WHITE

>tfw you will never have your commentary produced by Dan Swano and featuring Bjorn "Speed" Strido

POWER

Fenriz commentary is comfy as fuck. I wish he did more stuff where he gets to talk. Apparently people were complaining he talked to much on Radio Fenriz, like wtf

POWDER

viKANGZ

For real though, check out this article he wrote. Absolute narcissistic pseudo philosophical twoddle.

metalsucks.net/2010/04/21/metta-mind-journal-cynics-paul-masvidal-on-death-the-band-and-the-state-of-being/amp/

>chuck was a huge pseud too

To an extent yeah, but Paul is another level of up his own ass.

They dated, broke up, and then Chuck kicked him out of the band.

People are retarded, but I agree, I'd love to see Total Death (totally underrated, too) featuring his commentary.

both of them were up their own ass and are vastly overrated by nu males.

How the hell is Chuck a pseud?
If I had 10% of his talent, I wouldn't shut the fuck up

w-w-wait
is that a fucking GHOST t-shirt? ffs

How is he not? If you're going to say his lyrics are some profound intellectual shit in need of preaching, you can go fuck yourself. Death wasn't even that good of a band, they're okay at best, Human being the exception.

>Name a better metal discography than Death's
>name one bad album
>name a better metal frontman

Huh, I remember listening to the Total Death commentary on youtube a while back, but it seems to be removed. It has Fenriz and Nocturno commenting separately on their songs. You can download the 2CD on Soulseek though. Nocturno is kinda laconic but it's a good commentary so you should go do it.

>If you're going to say his lyrics are some profound intellectual shit in need of preaching
no one cares Death's about lyrics, it's obviously about the music first and foremost
>Death wasn't even that good of a band
go be contrarian somewhere else

>*twangs at u*

High gain, and if you're going for very lofi you could try a shitty amp. My Ibanez TB15 I got on while on vacation had an amazing bm tone. Otherwise cut the bass entirely, put the mids around 3ish and the treb on 8-9ish. Also the real secret is reverb.

>Name a better metal discography than Death's
Gorguts
>name one bad album
Symbolic
Rob Halford

>no one cares
but they do, it's one of their selling points.
>contrarian
listen to more death metal

I'll try to get a physical copy, thanks for letting me know. While we're on the subject, I also loved their self-made interviews, more Fenriz is never bad.

>names a literal pozzed faggot

clyp.it/bpx00gjo
how did I do

he was a literal faggot and so what, he was more of a man Chuck will ever be, also knew how to move his crowd better and actually knew how to scream.

>Gorguts

>>names a literal pozzed faggot
You did it first

>>names a literal pozzed faggot
>is ok with chuck

Oh I see what you're doing

first three albums are better than anything Death ever did, the demo recording ain't bad and the later two I'm not kin on, but are above average.

MORE distortion.
Also what's going on with the drums

You guys think you're funny or something? Brain cancer is what killed him, Chuck used to get his dick rode all fucking night by all kinds of hot babes and stuff

i forgot the cool black metal aesthetic her u go guys

KOLVUT - ERRONEOUS
and a cool spooky picture to go with it

>those answers
dude pls
>but they do, it's one of their selling points.
wat
anyway, if you don't like lyrics of 1000 Eyes or Born Dead that's your loss I guess
>listen to more death metal
In case you haven't heard, Death is considered one of the best bands in the genre by everyone except edgelords like yourself

Sean Reinert is my drumbando

>Gorguts ever doing something as sublime as 'Human', fuck off with your bait

the fact that i'm off time or that you don't like the structure?

does black power metal exist?

Gorguts did Death better than Death (on CD and EoS), and then created an album that actually redefined DM and influenced countless bands.
Chuck's significant contributions to music ceased after the 80s. Okay SH counts too.

cancer and then pneumonia is exactly what happens to people with AIDS. i dont know why you people have such a hard time accepting he was gay. even masvidal has an interview still up where he talks about how much they liked driving across florida to go hang out with each other.

Steve is cool

youtube.com/watch?v=JO7TZGgBbOw

Thats funny cause I only care for post-death Death

Bal sagoth

>wat
um, when talking about Death, people usually bring forth how Chuck's lyrics are so intelligent and what not, so yeah, it's part of the appeal.
>Death is considered one of the best bands in the genre by everyone except edgelords like yourself
Of course, since people like me actually give a damn about the medium and venture below the depths. People in love with Death seldom know of bands like Demilich.

One of the bands redefined the sub with their records, the other is Death.

Both I guess. It just sounds like someone testing out a kit at a music shop.

Blackened power? Stuff like Stormlord, Demoniac, or Bal-Sagoth might be right up your alley.

If you mean power metal played by black people, there is a power metal band from Madagascar, but they aren't very good.

What's essential circuscore?

i did it in one take, don't worry, i'll be back

How is that black metal at all? Its just painkiller worship with some retarded emo screaming in the backround

He's a fly dude.

I don't know how many people know of Dark Hall, but it's highly recommended youtube.com/watch?v=GtxC6PFmVG8
He gets to show off more of his jazz/funk bass skills. Top tier bass player.

explain yourself

>people arguing about Death
oy vey, it's like nobody even clicked about the links.

Schuldiner was legendary, but he only opened the gates to what existed already. I'm going to drink a lot today, please do not disturb me.

this was exactly what i had in mind.
lets find out if i like it.. used to listen to power metal a lot when i was 16 and got curious

Bad Acid Trip

where ya from my nigga

the only thing Chuck opened was his asscheeks

and his mouth for cock insertion

metal-archives.com/bands/False

Is there a better megadeth track than Black Friday?

The devil mixes truth with his lies

>people like me actually give a damn about the medium and venture below the depths.
First you complain about pseudo-intellectual lyrics, then sound like a pseudo-intellectual snob yourself. Yup.
>People in love with Death seldom know of bands like Demilich.
Everyone knows your entry level bands, try being a snob in more subtle ways

Super DMW guy did you do Hungary yet?

My Last Words
Nah just kidding, GM/BF is their best track. People just don't talk about My Last Words much so I wanted to rep it.

clyp.it/4trwij1b
am I improving or getting worse?

>Everyone knows your entry level bands, try being a snob in more subtle ways
everyone here knows bands like that, you can say they're entry tier here, but Death fans who feel superior, just because they know Symbolic.
>First you complain about pseudo-intellectual lyrics, then sound like a pseudo-intellectual snob yourself. Yup.
Sounds that way, but ultimately isn't. People who only stick to well known mainstream bands and never dare to explore new bands, not just in metal but in general, are not the people I'd call interested in music.

but Death fans who feel superior, just because they know Symbolic don't*

Not bad, but I don't know your previous work to compare it to.

Who gives a shit about Death in 2017