youtube.com/watch?v=obnLi07AK5w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

aaah fuuuuuccccck

lame album

ok album

youtu.be/8DwVEw71LCg

youtu.be/psHg3gC6_n4

bump

Favorite song by Ride that isn't Seagull, Vapour Trail, or Leave Them All Behind?

Mine would have to be Dreams Burn Down

anything noteworthy happened during last month?

I'm literally listening to this in my car waiting to pick up gf from work. I was just loaned a Danelectro reverse delay and tricked my noise rock band into being just another gaze group lol. I wish there was more HNW and industrial noise in shoegaze without everything having to be "blackened."

Anyway, good rec op. Killer heavy. On track nine atm, probs my fav.

Alvvays's new album.
Pains released an album this month but it's trash

Twisterella

what is as good as cocteau twins? is cocteau shoe gaze

shoegaze implies buried vocals so no they're not
>what's as good
nothing I've found, maybe dead can dance or lycia

deadcandance sounds medieavel

they all fit under ethereal wave

woah whein you write it like that it looks like decadence

Check out all their side-projects, they're quite good. The collaboration they did with Faye Wong ("Fuzao") is fantastic. Kinda tough to find bands with a very similar style to them, but A.R. Kane and bands like Dead Can Dance are similar (and great). Also check out ethereal wave stuff like Pale Cocoon, it's less poppy but very good.

youtube.com/watch?v=DgWfyylBZ88

thank you, faye wong comes closest for me, but cocteau twins is still ahead.

That's understandable. Suprisingly few of the Cocteau Twins' successors sound like them. I'm still looking for similar artists myself.

You might like Bel Canto. Again not as good but still worth a listen.
youtube.com/watch?v=yMKrqVeuKo8
youtube.com/watch?v=LXpjHvs7wPU

Finngaze is cute, CUTE!
youtube.com/watch?v=vLCG4qWe73A

here is something ethereal (and slow). it is not rock and can't tell how it compares to cocteau twins but you may like it. youtube.com/watch?v=4jAhcA-24xM

I'm listening to her self-titled, this is nice.

my nigga that is a man

Is this the greatest album cover of all time

post discrod link

i have seen like 0 love for this record anywhere really. it's my AOTY and i think this band is so massively slept on.

sample: youtube.com/watch?v=swO5jDC6MgM

Question: Are these "topic" videos from Youtube only available in America, or from whatever country the person provides the link from? I like the system a lot because you can get uncommon tracks in HD but I usually don't link them on Sup Forums or other places cause I don't know if people outside of America will get the link. I sent two songs like that to a friend from Canada, and it said "not available in your country."
Nice track btw.

just use a proxy

plantcelljapan.bandcamp.com/album/flowergaze-rebuild

i'm interested in hearing more blackgaze

>it matters where you are

I sure hope so

grasshopper

Avoid the Light - Spleen
Mavradox - Sojourner
Penance Stare - House of Bastet

pic has been my shit lately

Anyone happen to have Saturdays by Sounds Like Sunset?
youtube.com/watch?v=I9X54L1VVUE

Discord link: discord.gg/v4cD97

will mbv ever make an album better than loveless

>shoegaze implies buried vocals so no they're not

Nah theyre shoegazey sounding

will anybody?

Cool Your Boots

next year.

just listened to pic related for the first time
might not be exactly /shugazi/ but its way better than psychocandy imo

>shoegaze implies buried vocals
No, it absolutely does not.

JAPANESE BREAKFAST A SHIT

you're a shit

Reminder
Super Crush > Loveless

slowdive already did

Opinions on Alvvays?

youtube.com/watch?v=T1n72aCdwdU

yo this is that true shit

WAAAYYYY BETTER THAN PSYCHOCANDY

everyone likes them

youtube.com/watch?v=zmASwaxxDVo

Title track on Nowhere

ty

Cool Your Boots and Time Machine, easily.

that's a good one but i'm going with Twisterella

Aye he's alive

No it's not

Honeyblood

youtube.com/watch?v=YkZ05EHpNns

Kaleidoscope is my jam too

my current favorite band (aside from Cocteau Twins) and #2 AOTY imo. #1 goes to Slowdive.

In Undertow and Lollipop are top JAMC worship

Hell yeah I've been a fan for a while, seen them twice. This record's taking a bit to grow on me but it's pretty strong

HOLY FUCK WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME THAT WHIRR IS MAYBE REUNITING???

Some guy on Facebook (I think it was Facebook) commented a few days ago that he saw Nick Bassett after a Nothing show, and asked him about Whirr. Nicky B said they're reuniting soon. At first he thought it was just Bassett being Bassett, but he follows two of the other guys on Instagram who've been putting up stories of themselves hanging with the old band.

I WANT TO BELIEVE. FUCK, YOU GUYS GOTTA KEEP UP WITH THIS SHIT. I know we got some whirr bros itt usually, so why the fuck haven't you been keeping up with this?

Also, speaking of Whirr, anyone know where I can buy some dece Whirr merch that doesn't look too edgy? The best shirt I could find looks more like a black metal band's merch than a shoegaze band.

I talkee to bobby marcos who said they probably weren't. But that was over a year ago. I would love a whirr reunion Distressor is one of my favorite albums.

And why is their merch looking like black metal a bad thing? Thats a great aesthetic to me

I remember the commenter about the Instagram posts saying that they were shown in the studio together, all of them. I'd absolutely love it if it's true.

As for their merch looking like black metal, I dunno. It's just not pleasing to my eyes. I would much prefer a simplistic design - maybe their logo with "WHIRR" in an easier to read font on top. I appreciate the black metal aesthetic for what it's worth but I can't see myself wearing it.

Anyone hear the new Tangible Rays?

Taste

does that include lexi (please yes)

I have no idea but I certainly hope so.

fuck what is ambient pop

rateyourmusic.com/genre/Ambient pop/

shiiiiet thanks

OP forgot the subtitle and now people are getting confused over what is and isnt /shugazi/ nice work lol

rofl

this album is really fun listen, way better for the average listener, but you really have to realize how impactful and important psychocandy was.

nah people know

youtube.com/watch?v=SxsXEM73Xio

youtube.com/watch?v=QiUfODVTIdQ

slept on

nigga what is this happy shit?
FUCK THAT

jkjk they're actually really good but at one point in my life I actually thought that about sunkissed

its aight

I dig it

frankie rose - cage tropical

i like seedless star

i like them

got downloads?

Why does shoegaze feel so fucking good when it's freezing cold. I feel like it makes me warm.

walls of sound are like a warm blanket to snuggle under
youtube.com/watch?v=nduGgljbleM

fuck my niggas im sick and need to know if the best bardo pond album is really amanita

I like Lapsed more

i have actually only heard that one good to know

please bee
honey bee

how was kramer in a band with gg allin

>got downloads?
it's free coloresantos.bandcamp.com/album/tercer-paisaje

I feel like Broadcast had so much potential but none of their albums really fully realized it. It's frustrating.

not to me, haha sound and tender bttons are really good for me. way better than anything stereolab and friends did. just my opinion

Yo, does anyone know how Whirr got that tone at 2:24 in Junebouvier? youtube.com/watch?v=obnLi07AK5w I'm not talking Nick's lead, I'm talking that really lush sounding tone that compliments it.

Any and all help is appreciated.

I kind of think that too but I still love them. Like Witch Cults of the Radio Age was like a test of how good they were about to get and then Trish fucking died so now it will never happen

not to me, haha sound and tender bttons are really good for me. way better than anything stereolab and friends did. just my opinion

This is a chart i made of my most listened blackgaze, hopfully its helpfull

Goslings > Boris, Sunn O))), etc

I was debating between that and Dreams Burn Down
I'm the one who asked everyone