Hey Sup Forums, I know this probably isn't the best place to go for advice; but I figured why not...

Hey Sup Forums, I know this probably isn't the best place to go for advice; but I figured why not. I'm an 18 year old guy who has a girlfriend who's soon to be 18 (in February). We've been seriously contemplating running away together. We've thought about doing it now, waiting til she actually turns 18, waiting til after highschool is finished, but we can't decide. We've been so back and forth and are ready to just go. So Sup Forums, any advice for running away and what to do whilst on the road? Thank you very kindly in advance.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/language47/elev-eight
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do you two want to run away user?

Shit idea.

Living on the road is awful and miserable and you'll grow to hate each other quickly. Farms are your best bet. Some decent farms have living quarters and will give you room and board + minimum wage to work 4am - 5pm shifts.

What is your end goal here?

Do you wan to marry? pimp her for drugs? excape your parents?

We've grown really tired of the bullshit that's in this area. Despite us both being in honours and AP classes, we're tired of school and don't really care to finish it. We both have the dream to travel the world and live freely. We both see the danger in running away too, it's just that we see that as more of an invitation. We want an exciting life, not the monotonousness of life that most people drudge through.

We just want to travel, maybe get married one day. It's up in the air. This post I made : Explains it best.

Yeah.. We've though about that too. We're kind of afraid of that, but we're ready for the challenge. As for farms, what would be a good link (or any reference) to find some to work at?

You're 18. You don't know anything at all. Don't do it you bell end.

This is also true. Can you give me a compelling reason not to though? What good is life if it's just the same shit everyday without hardly any payoff?

that would be a really immature thing to do. go to college or get a job like everyone else. youre gonna fuck up your life if you try to run around the country with no plan.

The world will eat you alive and you'll end up running back home.

You see that's the issue though. We don't want to settle like everyone else. We don't feel content with a stagnant life, y'know?

Possibly. Yes. Possibly not though.

Start a YouTube channel, get some Patreon money behind you. It'll help if she's hot.

Since you said you are both honor students, graduate high school and run away to college together. Go to school, get jobs for after school and start paying your own way. Once you have bills to pay, going to school will seem a better idea.

Yeah, that could work for a little income. Have a youtube/ blog about our travels.

Look at people who have to survive on their own at a young age, 99% are fucked up

most people arent settling though. theyre preparing themselves to do what they want later in life. I remember when I was 18 I didnt want to go to college, I went anyways, got straight D's and got kicked out. started over at community college, now I'm in a good phd program.
If you run away with no plan youre setting yourself up to be a deadbeat failure. just try being normal, dumbass.

don't screw up your life. finish high school and go to university so you can get a well paying job. after that you can go on vacations and such

Like I said, we're thinking of at least finishing highschool. And i've already been accepted into my top college. But, idk. It's a weird situation. I wish there was a way for us to simultaneously go to college and also not have to worry about our families.

no, not possibly yes. definitely yes. you have no idea, youre too young and inexperienced.

Is she hot though?

True, True.

>any advice for running away

Funny how many "running away" threads there have been on Sup Forums this morning.

yea, that's life. you just have to do it anyways, you cant always get what you want.

You have to post nudes, so we can decide whether she is worth eloping with...

Hey op I've been traveling since I've graduated hs.

I started off with no money and hitch hiked/trained hopped for a while. Was really fun til some retard stole my dog and then I got scabies from riding in a dumpster train car (it was empty). After that I gave it up, worked for a year, then bought a van.

I travel 8 months out of the year in the van, about $1 per meal etc. I park in national forests and public land and camp for free. Usually Nevada/Utah(winter) area before heading back Michigan to pick juice apples for 3 months and do it all again. Good luck:)

When you're 18 you can legally move away. See if you can get a job somewhere else and go to work there. Rent a room if possible. Live cheap until you get some funds.

You're both 18 and not in college yet, you aren't even gonna marry each other later. Rarely do relationships at that age last for life.

Why do I never hear about people preparing for what they want to do in the future though. Retirement won't really be an option by the time I get a job (for various reasons), and I wan t to live life while i'm young anyway. Yeah, I guess vacations could work to supplement in travel, but it's not quite the same.

I'd say so, yeah.
Nice try ;)

get a job where you can travel. probably as an executive at a multi-national or something. you seem to know what you want, figure out how to make that happen, dont just wing it.

Thank you! What would you say are some pros and cons from your experience as a total?

Thank you. I don't know how quite to take that advice since i've already been accepted into a nuclear engineering program, but thank you :)

Your life, your call.
If you ask me I'd say do it, you only live once. You are only young once. And really connecting with a girl is not something that happens all the time. You can go for years and years without finding any interesting people.
What to do whilst on the road? Learn.
And if you're gonna do it make the most of it.

Maybe they are out doing what they want to do, not sitting around talking about it?

become a patent attorney or something. high demand, you may have to travel a lot for that.

Listen do college move to town that your degree will help with and hang blacks easy

great.
do you already own a house, a good car, decent banksavings and a steady income?

if you miss at least one of them, both of you're doomed.

Yeah man. There are still all the obvious reasons not to do it though. Thank you for the supportive words! :)

Pretentious cunt, please do it and mess up your life. I will be here laughing.

>own a house
not even remotely required holmes

Good on you man.

Depends, I've always felt what we call "wander lust" the urge to constantly wander and explore. It's just something inside me and I'm miserable if I'm not traveling or seeing new things. I have this internal clock that just keeps ticking away and my only cure is traveling. It really keeps me sane.

The best advice is fucking do it. Your 18 it's the best time to get out there. Your experience on the road and on your own is better then college or anything else out there. You will see and learn so much.

There really isn't to many cons it's all part of the experience.

I love isolation but some people don't. I really can't think of any cons other then that.

I see what you're saying, but he has a good point. You should have a backup plan for things. A home would be a nice fallback, a car would be helpful, and money is always nice; I think he just missed the original purpose of the post.

Found the white guy with dreads.

What about the obvious cons of not being able to eat regularly and stuff though?

The world is rigged against the less educated, less wealthy, less formally qualified.

By running away you will mostly sentence yourself to a shit life, once the novelty wears off. If you're an honours student your best bet for a good life is to ride that train and become the wealthiest professional/business owner you can be, taking advantage of the proletariat scum that do such stupid things as drop out of school.

Dont run away just kill yourself and sell your organs for money and give it away to a homeless person

Okay guys, this is the OP, i've just been responding without tagging myself on and off, but I think some comments are getting muddled. Thank all of you for your advice! Past this point I wont be responding, just watching the tread. Thank you guys so much for your advice. If this doesn't die down by tonight, i'll delete the thread. Thank you all!

So after you've killed yourself and sold your organs you find the nearest homeless person and hand them the money?

soundcloud.com/language47/elev-eight

You haven't even started life yet, you have no basis to judge on.
You're just on the cusp of removing the training wheels and you're in here contemplating turning your bike into a unicycle and winging the balance bit.

No dreads, I'm pretty low-key
After traveling for years I have many skill sets thanks to people all over the US taking me under their wing

>mechanic
>cutting trees
>landscaping/keeping
>construction
>plumbing
>cooking

I ran a campground full of retirees in Montana this summer in exchange for cash and a place to park the van. My resume is huge.

I can really do just about everything now.

Seriously, I never have trouble finding work just about anywhere. If I ever plan to stop I have connects all over. My time is worth more then money.

when 18 I was just like you: "hurr durr wanna explore the world"
then I found that the world is the same fucking thing everywhere (buildings, streets, railways, shit).
then I found that the people in the world are the same fucking everywhere (most of them never gave a fuck about me, the only ones who did were either scammers or nignogs craving to mug and rape).
then I found that people like me and you get bored as soon as they start traveling. Also, their money goes superquickfast to zero, and the stupidest of headaches becomes a true hell.

but no, don't ever think about these things. Just run away. What could possibly happen to two 18yo morons?

just wait, as soon as you both get your diplomas go all out, i myself don't want to see people fucking themselves over by leaving before school ends and graduation. If anything happens, a full secondary education can help out.

I eat regularly I even just made a fuckin pound cake in the middle Utah in a camping stove. My van has a nice shower setup too.

I eat tons of rice and eggs though. It's fucking fun fishing nightly for dinner in Colorado and it's free.

OP buy a van and start camping with your girl whenever you can. Go hiking etc.

Don't listen to these retards who sit around in their shitty dead towns working in factories etc. There's a whole world out there

Well if they're lucky they survive with only minor mental trauma.