The star wars franchise is completely dead

The star wars franchise is completely dead.

(free you)

It survived the Holiday Special, so it's fine.

Not much to talk about then.

It's been dead for some people since the special remake in the 90's.

What do you want, someone to make 70's nostalgia films for you, with basic story elements that mimic star wars?

Think that's been done.

I dunno, check out Planet of the Apes series, the remakes are even better.

yeah user your opinion sure does change reality

Yeah, just look at the money they aren't taking in...

If you think so, then you're more than welcome to stay home. We'll have a better time without you.

nah

I know, looks to me like it's doing better than ever with 3 movies released in recent times.

Maybe he's just made they're not doing any kids TV shows he can binge watch between Naruto?

Sure, so is marvel, just as soon as it finishes making several trillion more dollars

That one guy in the group that everyone 'forgets' to call when they goto the movies.

yah

>filename
>LOGo

Not dead
Jewified aka trannyzombiefied

*cough*

>yes there's a reason only women are on the front

I just wish that star wars had been able to come up with death scenes befitting the characters we loved. Otherwise, I'm just sad they sold to Disney.

>when you realize the only main character left alive is the one with the dead actor

It's all a big sellout.
You, being already pre-made starwars fans, they have determined mathematically that you will see a star wars movie regardless of who's in it, whether it's good, they already know they own you.

So what they really want to do now is broaden the base. SW is very popular with white males. So let's get some diversity, some female protagonists, some ethnic diversity. These powerful roles and figures will broaden the appeal of star wars into the groups that are traditionally less fanatical about star wars, since it doesn't hurt their retention of you

plus you're a cuck who is fine with all the villains still being white males who get bested every time by the ethnically diverse group of women who are magically stronger and smarter

all the decisions being made, they're not random, they are calculated marketing decisions made by well informed executives at board meetings after they have done vast audience research

fag

The best thing to do now, if you really want good star wars movies and don't like the new ones, then don't see them. Don't buy the dvd, don't buy the merchandise, don't go see the next one that will come out in a year like clockwork. You vote with your wallet. If the fanbase they were counting on suddenly goes missing, trust me they will notice. Maybe they will return to courting that fanbase once it's gone

but that's unlikely, as I stated before SW fans will watch the movies anyway. There isn't an organized boycott of a big enough size to actually make an impact, because people are generally 50-70% happy with where star wars is headed, and that's enough to keep them coming back

Disney killed it. So you're not wrong.

the problem is that 70s kids movies were like modern day adult films and modern day kids movies are like 70s preschooler films. theyre dumbed down and sensored to cater to the modern sheltered snowflake

The only thing good about the Dizzy SW flicks so far is BB-8. Everything else is shite.

Anybody up for porg stew??

>Not realizing Star Wars was a good movie with one okay sequel 40 years ago and everything since then has been an attempt to milk the wallets of obsessed nerds

Star Wars was dead decades before Disney bought it

BB-8 is actually the new jar jar

I wonder how many Star Wars movies people have to hate before they finally admit the franchise has almost always sucked.

Saw, Nightmare on Elm Street, Alien, Halloween, Friday the 13th. These were good movies. But no one pretends the thousands of sequels they made are any good just because they liked the first one.

Why pretend with Star Wars?

exactly. rogue one is the only good thing theyve put out in 30 years.

I know it's sad. But I meant through the whole series. They made all these deeply seeded bad guys and killed them off in the most chicken shit way. Good guys dying gets no justice either. I guess it might be because they are trying to stress that "death" isn't the complete end of "them" in this universe. I don't know. It's just the death scenes in the movies have never been as epic as you would expect for a character that has importance to the main storyline.