Anyone else working UPS seasonal or part time/full time?

Anyone else working UPS seasonal or part time/full time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rrvPxvkoh2s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9PyNlSztFq4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if you're asking because you're thinking about doing it, don't. I quit after a week and a half because of slave tier work for slave tier pay. 10 hours a day coming it at midnight and you get a 10 minute break. If you do it, do NOT be coerced into becoming a loader - you will work 5x as hard as everyone else and get paid the same thing.

I work in the Hub in Madison Hieghts, and it sucks. Barely getting paid and I'm expected to stay there longer. I work in the Metro (unloading the UPS Delivery Truck) and they want us to unload fully packed trucks in 5 fucking minutes. I swear if I find another job, Im quitting this bitch. Feel like a 1700s nigger, and I am a nigger.

in houston its $10/hr for package handler, drivers like $32/hr but rarely ever hiring.

I worked as a loader last christmas season. Had to come in to work around 1-2am (if memory serves me right). I was responsible for loading two delivery vans at a time (senior package handlers would be responsible for 4 vans). Each van would have on average 400 packages/letters, and they all had to be orginized correctly for the drivers to be able to deliver them efficiently on their rout. After surviving the holiday season the work load seemed to drop significantly, and i would have wanted to stay knowing that the work would get easier, but i was just a seasonal hire and was let go after.

Thats because when a driver spot is open, every one tries to get it because it pays WAY more and you don't have to strain yourself so much. In Madison Heights its $10.20 for package handlers and $32.20 for drivers

i'm a driver in the tacoma washington area. i started out as a loader. it's nigger work not going to lie but once you get used to it it's nothing. i started out in good physical shape in my mid 20's and never struggled. i've seen lots of overweight guys try loading and almost none of them lasted more than a month. if your not ready to do nigger labor then try somewhere else cause u won't last

I'm a nigger and I don't mind it, just the pay is shitty.

it's money though, i'm also a nigga, been there six years and been driving for almost two years. it was worth it

Not UPS, but I start driving for FedEx in a few weeks

6 months for me

I worked for FedEx a few years ago during peak season. Being a loader there was actually better than working the floor because there was two people to a truck and we would get stoned all night. But they also would try to make us work retarded hours and towards the end they had us calling a fucking number to see what time we worked. It sucked ass. I definitely wouldn't do it again.

Are you stoned right now?

How did you guys get hired, I applied online and did the whole resume application but never got a call back or anything.

I’m just looking for a 2nd part time job since I already work as a machinist full time.

Here's some logistics autism for you user.

youtu.be/rrvPxvkoh2s

I worked as a feeder trailer loader loading 500 an hour for half a year or so then was management there for some time after.

If you're thinking of working there, stay union don't get promoted and use your financial aid for schooling and gtfo.

Yall are dumb as fuck its not even close to nigger work. The packages arent even heavy, once in a while you'll get 50 pound packages maybe some 20 to 30 pound packages. Not even hard work. Drivers get paid more because they've been there awhile and its about seniority you start out as package handler and work your way up.

UPS

Where did you work at?

whos better to drive for? FedEx or UPS. i met a guy once who worked for fedx and he told me they had transferred him feom fl to tx for a much bigger pay plus they bought his house in fl or some shit and bought him a house in tx also his wife was smoking hot and she didnt have to work. i was doing work in his new house and was in their bedroom and they had everything new furniture andher closet was full of new clothes tags were still on almost everything she had. dude was a manlet cuban looking beaner while his wife was tall fit blonde bimbo

unloader user here. Marion depot, not seasonal. Shit is physical, but around here where it’s more rural the packages are generally heavier due to farms and such. hours vary but during the holiday season it’s 2:30am-9am, midnight on Mondays, then I “driver help” until around 8:30 pm and repeat. It’s nigger work but the driver help is $15/hr NOT seasonal, here. Nobody ever runs on 8 hours of sleep at UPS. I have had no life outside of work due to the holiday season.. even coming in on Saturdays for 12 hours

oh also forgot he was a driver and i asked where i could get hired since i had a spotless record and he told me it was prettyhard getting a drivers job

I've been working as a driver helper, it's really not as bad as they made it sound when I got hired
it felt more like getting paid to exercise

Seeing salt from seasonal workers after peak is my favorite part of working for UPS

some entitled bitch thought it’d be easy money, she walked out in the first hour.

No shit, I'm a driver helper in the same area wasting time/earning some money until I leave for the military. We've probably seen each other a few times lol. Small world.

I work at walmart unloading trucks, we do about 1000 packages an hour and it can be amything from furniture to cans. It sucked at first but depending on the size of the truck its not so bad.

Full-time driver here, Colorado. Tough work but worth it. Not everyone can handle the stress. Seasonal hired get it tough but you could be kept on.

The General merchandise truck delivering shit to walmart is not like the other ones where they just pull out pallets. It wojld be nice if everything could just be pulled out with a pallet jack.

Loader 3.5 years at the CACH facility near Chicago. A normal shift for me is 4:30 pm to 10pm. The work is very physical but once you get used to it it's nothing

I got fucked by a ups guy
>I am homo

Worked for UPS for a little over 10yrs. Started out unloading, moved to load line, then part time sup, then PDS. I regret staying as long as i did. Once you get used to the physical work its not horrible. But working like that for a lifetime will lead to a super shitty life later on. The 8 keys to lifting are great and all but you are still wearing your body out. Get a skilled labor apprenticeship if you can....save your body the hell.

This

I worked in a warehouse I won't disclose for 2 years, and they had me lifting so much weight on my own that my back is fucked. They didn't care and made me quit.

Yea thats seems about right. Even people who make a full of career of it are fucked when they retire. I talked to so many retired drivers who were hating life

Were you the SOB that was putting over 70s on the top of the load trying to hurt someone!? Fucking chicago cach...

>Anyone else working UPS seasonal or part time/full time?

No. And neither are you if you're trolling Sup Forums when your sposed to be out there delivering our shit.

btw: FedEx kicks your lazy/union asses

Yes, there are many of us that do that. To explain, I load a very fast trailer and when you jackass unloaders send up bulk, I dont get more than a couple of seconds to deal with it so it goes wherever I have room for it. If I'm 3/4 done with a wall and a lawnmower comes down the chute, that shit is going in the top of the wall.

Who are you helping there by not building out rather than up with that package, pal?

Myself. I can throw a couple of bulk pieces on the floor next to me, but after 3 or 4 I dont have the floor space for it until I finish the current wall. Besides, I've unloaded before and it's quite easy to simply pull bulk out of the wall onto the floor and then deal with it instead of trying to lift it out

>

It sure is easy when is a lawnmower. But when its a steal plate in a box with no over 70 tape...that shit turns into widow makers

waiting for a UPS guy delivering my package... you guys start delivering I need my shit lol..... and thanks for your work, I know it is a stressful job, did something similar few years ago (delivered furniture, fridges..)

I work part time as a loader.

Sounds like a sweet gig.

Im full time in the hub. I have it pretty easy. Made 70k this year and love the Teamsters Union. This work isn't for fat neckbeards that claim to be "sick" all the time. YOUR NOT SICK YOUR FAT AND GROSS, WEAR DEODORANT AND STOP EATING FAST FOOD!

Yeah usually those go straight onto the floor but if I lift it and and start to load it before I realize how heavy it is, it's going into the wall wherever it would have gone if it wasn't obnoxiously heavy.

yea I work at cach too, just got out, what trailer do you load?

Harvey IL 6041. I usually fill up 3-4 pups on an average day

I know exactly which one you're talking about. I've loaded it, if you ever want to die. Load Jacksonville night on rollers with hialyiah over flowed into it. Almost brought cach down, when I blew it up on purpose.

Work in Pa, you all sound like pussies. The work doesn't change, the fag generations do. Been there 10 years and every year you bitches get softer and softer.

How ironic, I used to load Jacksonville FL a couple of years ago when I would double. They flow more or less the same pph from what I remember, but Jacksonville definitely got heavier packages on average. Go ahead and let that shit blow up, if the supervisor sees you getting fucked up and doesn't send you help, then they must be okay with it blowing up, not your problem

cool story bro

Seattle here. Definitely nigger work but worth it if you can last. Plus, if you make driver it's $18/hr for 4 yrs then you move up to $36/hr. Seems worth it to me with the benefits. Plus the union is there to help.

Ups is better. He sounds like an executive. They got perks but trust me, ups's pay for driver's is better in the long run.

I feel ya, I haven't loaded that shit in almost 6 months. They split that shit between three outbounds after I refused to load it by myself......fucking supervisors.

Preston

thanks.

Was his dick big or just...meh?
>just asking for a friend.

how can you live on 10 bucks an hour...

That's what your union is for dude. I've seen lots of people getting screwed. Then I've seen some of the screwed get their unions involved and it worked out better for them in the end. It's not just UPS though. All corporate entities will fuck you if you don't get lehal on their ass. They don't see the little guy and frankly don't care.

Well at this point I'm at 12 per hour but it's called being poor. Outside of busy season I make just enough to pay my bills (no car) and occasionally get some McDonald's or something. If I really wanted to I could get a second part time job but I'm way to lazy for that, my time is worth more to me than the money I would make working a combined 10-12 hours a day

Nigga, you can't unless you live with your parents!!

>FedEx kicks your lazy/union asses

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

>Yeah, I'm triggered as shit.

FUCK YOU GUYS. I worked for UPS under a contractor, at an airport, barely made 150 a paycheck, and moved 4000 lb cans of your packages. I sincerely FUCKING hate Amazon for being fucking niggers

I sincerely hope another better path opens up for you in the new year user.

sounds like you're not cut out for the job user. step aside and let the real men take your work.

Real poor men, sure.
You gotta be retarded to work that job.

what other work can you do?

Eh if I hated my situation I would do something to change it. I'm lazy and I don't need a ton of money to be happy. I'm.just grateful that I can afford an apartment off of one part time job

which one of you fuckers is SoCal?

Got hired over the phone for driver helper seasonal. Decided Im too lazy and emailed them saying im not coming in for orientation. Tfw didnt even work a single day and quit. Do this for tonnes of jobs. I cant commit to a job knowing ill want to kms doing it

Big dick. And he wore his uniform.

They have a legal shitstorm coming their way, that's for sure.

seasonal driver helper
tired every day but I enjoy it, my driver is nice

oh shit motherfucker do you work out of valley?

if you can get them cookies or something
they love that shit

>calls in during peak

it's not even that hard you nigger
I'm literally a fat neckbeard and I'm doing fine

>barely made 150 a paycheck
what the fuck kind of hours did you work

show me a driver anywhere working past 2200
none of them do

if it doesn't say fragile it's gonna get tossed around
I don't know what makes people think they care a lot about packages getting mistreated

its going to get tossed anyway

Picking cotton sounds easier, don't it :^)?

Finally I fucking hate Harry potter

I'm obese and been loading trucks for 2 years. Rekt.

UPS for 6 years now. Head manager of a depot.
Driver for 2 years though.
This time of the year I still take driver jobs (starting today until 27) and I poke a hole in packages to cum in them.
If you get a moist delivery this year don't forget to take a picture and post here.

good way to get some nasty asian virus
also everyone else, wash your hands after touching the outside of any parcel/letter

I got a job early this year loading trucks for Fedex making $13.75 per hour and 6 months in I was promoted to operations manager making $23 per hour.

nowadays it would be
driving a picker in an air-conditioned cab

Here, in Israel, it's called JewPS.

that's a reddit tier joke son
don't say it again

I did i wouldnt recomend it strenuous work for little pay I think I made $150 each week

stop stealing my fucking magic cards you cunts, I have to keep getting refunds.

Yes lol in hudson new york
I like it
Heres my yt channel let me know wat u think
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9PyNlSztFq4

>$150 each week
I'm pretty sure you're bullshitting