For some reason my current PC is running very badly, its not virused...

For some reason my current PC is running very badly, its not virused, I have changed the hard drive to sshd recently hoping for performance improvement. It did not improve, actually windows starts slower now. But thats not the issue.

I can't run any current gen games, that I should be able to at least run on medium settings with my rig.

However even 2011 games either run at 10fps or lag really badly between moments of 60 fps(or higher), which again seems really strange to me. Older games run ok.

The power source makes a pretty strong noise and the cooler kinda wobbles inside when ventilating. Though i dont know if that has anything to do.

In not a tech expert by any means, which is why I'm asking you here, what do you think is the issue?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/guide/8sfrxr/entry-level-intel-gaming-build
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>the cooler kinda wobbles inside when ventilating
Is this a stock pc or did you put it together yourself?

specs?

Specs:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release.170928-1534)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: P85-D3
BIOS: F3
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3430 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8072MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
Display Memory: 6054 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2018 MB
Shared Memory: 4035 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Actually I got it second hand from a guy I knew, which I now know to be an obvious mistake.

But I didnt want to go through the trouble of making one myself because I didn't use to have the technical know how.

Your motherboard sounds like it might be going out

the modem calibrater is fried

Hmm ok, I didn't know that might be the problem.
I'll consider buying a new one, but then I also have to change my RAM right?

Im really winging this, I didn't use to know the first thing about hardware, but learn as you go I guess.

Might want to upgrade your processor from that Pentium 4.

don't let anyone tell you that building a PC is hard, it's as easy as building with legos. Just put the pieces into the right place on the mobo. Yes you can get advanced with it, but it's not necessary unless you're an enthusiast

Reapply thermal paste and tighten the fan. If it’s wobbling, then it might not be cooling as efficiently as before and allowing it to thermal throttle.

Is there any form of cooling on the GPU? I can’t tell from pic

Your GPU is fucking ass.
Of course it can't run any modern games.

Make sure there's thermal compound between the CPU and heatsink, and make sure both the heatsink and heatsink fan are secured properly. It should not wobble. The problem you're describing could be a million things though.

Update your drivers and make sure there are no programs taking up ridiculous amounts of resources, check your temps while you're at it too. Maybe fuck with video optimizations via your gpu software.

Your GPU and CPU are a joke m8. The fact that you expect to run modern games with them is a bigger joke.

Take it to lowes and havee geeek squad diagnose your problem

This. It might take a couple of hours of research but it means if you ever have hardware issues you can usually diagnose them yourself.

Anyways, your PC should be faster with the SSHD, even if it is a hybrid drive (I assume you mean SSHD literally). How big is the SSD and does that part of the drive contain your OS?

Your CPU is a little lacking, as is the graphics card, especially for modern gaming. Can you run them on low? Whats the temperature at when you're running these games?

I would strongly reccomend opening the case and ensure that the CPU fan (which I assume you mean by cooler) is fully attached, and apply new thermal paste. Shouldn't affect performance, but its not good for the hardware. While you're in there give everything a blast of compressed air too, as its been moved from one place to another some of the settled dust may have lodged into the cracks.

Yeah it has one integrated fan on it

I know its not great, I want to change it but that implies getting other stuff as well, new motherboard, new cpu etc.

Drivers up to date, not running any dubious software, only the basics. Whats a good program to use to check temperature?

thanks for your advice, and thank you guys for replying so far.

You need to download yourself some more ram.
Downloadmoreram.com, you're welcome user

alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

Its a Seagate 2TB SSHD and yes I installed the OS on it as well. I was hoping for an overall performance boost from my last drive, a WD 1TB HD (on which the OS was installed), which oddly enough loaded my windows faster.

Maybe because of smaller size?

Yes I can run stuff on low better I guess, but even then, there is this sudden lag sometimes, and then it goes back to running ok, so idk what to make of it.

Current gen games list the requirements, and games list the minimum requirements. Not sure if troll or retarded.

Defragg your harddrive.

Get a cleaning tool for any unwanted programms like adw cleaner.

Undbuilt all the vents and clean them up with a vacuum or something similar, made a big impact for me. If you havent cleaned it in years it's probably full of dust at this point.

Press windows-key + R , type in msconfig+enter, go to "systemstart", uncheck every programm you dont need, go to "tasks", check the "hide windows tasks" and do the same. (In Win10 this function works probably over the taskmanager instead of the msconfig tho.)

Thats all the no-brainers I know on how to propperly treat a computer.

>>SSHD
lul

I mentioned that even older games have the problem I described.

And Im not talking 2017 stuff, I know i dont have the gpu for that, but idk recent, like 2015/16-ish games.

Why would anyone want to play anything besides wow?

you should blow it out your ass

I am pretty sure this dude is trolling. I mean he has a pata cable on his board, and its obviously old as fuck. Look at his monitor. I mean if he is legit, no offense to your computer. But i feel like he is fucking with us.

Implying anyone knows what pata means fuck outta here and stop making up words

Maybe he meant SATA?

Anyways, thank you guys for your answers and support so far. I should be upgrading a lot from my rig but stuff is expensive, man.

I don't have the budget to cover a $650 graphics card for example. And thats just one piece of hardware.

Can't believe none of you motherfuckers have told him about the system32 folder getting clogged up yet.

Unless the mb and bios support the higher throughput capabilities of SSHD you will get a performance cut as you noticed. This is due to slower write-to-drive throughout.

Get the latest bios. If no better then go back to HDD for the OS and use the SSHD for loading programs n stuff.

With non-SSHD optimised hardware you'll get fast reads but slow writes. The OS writes/reads to its drive constantly so if the only storage media set up for paging access is the SSHD it will bog down the entire system.

Reading the word throughput and thinking about resource bottlenecks REALLY makes me want to play Factorio

your shit graphics cards comes with only 2gb of memory. it uses up to 4gb of your system's ram, leaving you with only 4gb on ram.

combine the above with a shit cpu, the abomination that win10 is + you sound like the kind of person who has a shitload of programs running on autostart. no surprise your pc runs like shit.

>Pentium
I think I found your problem.

>Available OS Memory: 8072MB RAM
Check virtual page setting

Manufacturer Commodore Business Machines (CBM)
Type Home computer
Release date August 1982[1][2]
Introductory price US$595 (equivalent to $1,477 in 2016)
Discontinued April 1994; 23 years ago
Units sold 12.5[3] – 17[4] million
Operating system Commodore KERNAL/
Commodore BASIC 2.0
GEOS (optionally)
CPU MOS Technology 6510/8500
@ 1.023 MHz (NTSC version)
@ 0.985 MHz (PAL version)
Memory 64 KB RAM + 20 KB ROM
Graphics VIC-II (320 × 200, 16 colors, sprites, raster interrupt)
Sound SID 6581/8580 (3× osc, 4× wave, filter, ADSR, ring)
Connectivity 2× CIA 6526 joystick, Power, ROM cartridge, RF, A/V, CBM-488 floppy-printer, digital tape, GPIO/RS-232
Predecessor Commodore VIC-20
Commodore MAX Machine
Successor Commodore 128

why can't i play minesweeper or pinball?

>e meant SATA?
>>>
>Anonymous 12/23/17(Sat)22:53:43 No.7546977
Put your sata controller on AHCI mode, in the BIOS.

PATA came before SATA.

Can you check your registry for processes that are running at startup
type "regedit" -> hklm->software->microsoft->windows->run

see whats running

Your gpu isn't the issue if you can't run 2011 games. any source game will be able to run on that.

This. Or. Your cpu is done. Started getting huge performance drops in games new and old. Changed everything and eventually learned my cpu was shitting itself.

>g3430
>gtx 650
bruh

Did you actually pay for this computer?

Your pc is overheating you need to cool it down asap, fill up your bathtub with coldwater and ice and get in there with it, make sure you got it plugged in.

at least double your ram, and pickup a decent video card like the gtx 1050ti

There is no such registry entry. Maybe because I use Win 10? Regardless, I can see what im booting at Startup in task manager. I have only Avast components, Steam Client Bootstrapper.

I did a clean install not long ago after I purchased the new drive, the old one was making scratching noises already. Probably older than the guy who sold me the pc said it was.

Anyways I don't like to bloatware my device. I like my set-up as minimalist and clean as possible.

youd be lucky to play minecraft on that piece of shit

If you bought this recently mate you got ripped off, thats a 2004 spec pc , windows 10 will be very cpu intensive on that , forget about playing any AAA games on it wont happen, buy a prebuilt pc online for 500 dollars

This. Check the temps. If it's running fine at 60 fps, then intermittently runs bad, it's probably throttling.

>2017
>shared video memory

Don't let these faggots deter you, I used to use a GT 620, these mother fuckers don't know what the definition of "shit" is.

>8072mb
>mb
wow its like im almost in the 90s again.

Delete system 32

lmao he has so much Ram why isnt he mining for bitcoin with that rig

the fact that this thread might be serious is alarming. how difficult is it to do some research before you buy something?

nice bait

>2017
>Not having 8072 gb of RAM
WHAT A FAGGIT

my advice is to toss the peice of shit you have now, then save up some money and build this
>pcpartpicker.com/guide/8sfrxr/entry-level-intel-gaming-build
Make an account and talk with people in the comments for tips and tricks. Theres honestly better builds than this but you're retarded so I waste my energy going into detail/

Thank a lot man.

I was actually considering dropping the whole fixing thing and getting a new decent budget build.

At least this gives me a better idea of what a decent budget build is on the market nowadays and that is defenitely something I needed since I lost touch with whats what.

Thanks a bunch anyhow.

Check your graphics driver is installed. Try reinstalling it, or updating it to the newest version

Looks to me like it might just be that you've got shit CPU's, its all good having 2 of them but are you sure that your PC is utilising both of them and not just loading everything onto 1 CPU. I mean I've never worked with multiple CPUs but to check do CTRL + shift + escape and make sure you show more details and check the performance tab. Open up a couple of programmes and see whether both of the CPUs load increases or just one. If only 1 does then do some research into CPU affinity (I think thats the correct term) it was introduced in win7 to increase multicore proccessing performance but I'm pretty sure you can use it to spread processes across multiple CPUs too.

My computer setup is also slow any advice Sup Forums?

Are you joking?

PATA is what came before SATA.

PATA uses the IDE ribbon cable for data.

So you've mounted your hard drive via a sshd daemon, now that's going to slow.

Run a test on all your components.

Just google and you'll find how to run the tests.

like he's going to know what sshd is. he *may* know what telnet means.

op boots windows in real-time using rsync over sshd through a vpn. he's a regular mister robot.

>Pentium Processor
You have a very outdated, slow, weak and cheap processor.
>GeForce GTX 650
You have a very outdated, slow, weak and cheap graphics card

The graphics card came out back in 2012, and back then it was a budget card. Same pretty much goes for you processor. It would not have been able to run anything at high/ultra at the time, as it is very much an ultra budget build.

The fuck are you thinking expecting anything from a toaster like this today? You can probably play skyrim at low-medium.

12 year old detected

like i said, just make an account there. The mods usually get off to helping newbies so you if post a comment under the building they'll probably get to you soon.

Op this shit computer should be your browsing and streaming computer that you do not dust or maintain, and your gaming pc honestly, you should start from scratch, and treat that bitch better than your bitch.

your pc is fine, your gpu (and cpu) is most likely automatically underclocking because the fan and cooling block have simply too much dust on it. you need to grab some toothpicks and clean it out by hand
do this twice per year and you will have a faster pc that uses less energy

With a card that old, it could be better to roll back to an earlier driver. Nvidia drivers are kinda wonky on new cards ever since they changes chip architectures.

My 780 hates any new driver and just crashes. Sticking to a 3 year old driver actually give me better performance, because it is actually designed for my card.

>has a shit system
>wonders why things run like shit

to verify this you should grab a tool that monitors your clock speed (like msi afterburner)
my pc did that because of that exact reason, if the temperatures get too high, your gpu will panic mode force the gpu core to use less mhz, this happens at 80 degrees or above to prevent it from crashing and or literally burning
its not the metal that melts, its the dust that ignites

Could be the dataminer in the catalogue. Format and get protection nigger