I'm gonna get premium but I dunno which service yet. What do you prefer?

I'm gonna get premium but I dunno which service yet. What do you prefer?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/naraha_kobe
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

twitter.com/naraha_kobe

Try YouTube with AdBlock Plus.

>no pc streaming option

spotify it is

apple music has pc streaming

if you got
iphone = apple music
android = spotify

google play

If it were up to me, I'd get tidal(if it's still a thing) because I'd want to hear the music in good quality. The guy who said youtube with adblock is correct if you're choosing between those two options. If you're not interested in high quality music, just watch youtube vids, they have most music.

What's the advantage of Apple Music?

spotify is pretty nice, it lacks some albums though

>What do you prefer?
Owning music. Oh yes, and torrenting.

Three free months

never tried apple music even tho i have an iphone, spotify is good tho

mos def spotify

I canceled Spotify Premium and deleted my account after I logged in and saw this nonsense on my homepage. It's so fucking cringeworthy and obviously written by white numale cucks. It's like when they have a "Rap Essentials" playlist and the description is like "This shit is certified fire my nigger! Listen to these hot beats and feel the vibes yo!".

Fuck that bullshit. I miss having access to all the music but that's what they get for being cultural marxists.

Spotify.

Are you actually this autistic hahahaha, I never even noticed the pride section till recently, you have to try to notice this. Just ignore it.

damn this comment made me sell all my spotify stock

you could actually support artists that are worth more than one casual streaming listen on bandcamp or through physical media

why are the right wingers the most easily triggered by trivial identity politics stuff? Either way spotify is whack and i would rather download ten albums worth playing over and over than supporting some tech company while legit artists make pennies.

I get those playlists too and I know it's cringeworthy but jesus fucking christ you're fucking autistuc. I never even stay on the "browse" or "trending" page for more than a second. I search for what I want, save the albums to my account and play them from My Music. Why did you get triggered so much that you deleted your account for that you little pussy?

>boycotts a service that has plenty of alternatives because he doesn't appreciate the condescending and culturally insensitive viral marketing
>made fun of
Don't worry, man. It think it's a reasonable decision, even if I disagree.

DEFINITELY different people.

Try just downloading whatever you want for free.

>being this triggered over something that barely catches the eye
it's funny to me how you chose to cancel your subscription not because it had any dearth of albums or artists you like or that you didn't like the interface or that it was costly. you cancelled because you saw a harmless ad somewhat related to artists with a certain identity.

why do you let it bother you so much user? the other day i saw taylor swift and some other trashy pop artist's ad but it didn't make me rage quit my subscription because it's easy af to ignore it and move on. don't become a hateful and angry person user. it'll get you nowhere and only cause pointless frustration (like the kind you now face by harboring the ressentiment against people who disagree with you in terms of what society should look like and who you've branded with a meaningless and silly term such as "cultural marxists"). anyway, that's besides the point. this is a music board man. listen to music and share what you like. don't let silly politics affect your hobbies and other interests. that shit is petty and pointless.

whatt are your top 5 albums/artists?

It's more expensive

Apple Music is on android dingus.
t. I have AM on android and its great

Yes, actually.

I've never hated a service more than spotify premium, the app deletes all of my downloaded music every other week for absolutly no reason, a common problem for a lot of premium users, the app will some times not recognize that you have premium in different devices and I have the logging off while I'm away from home/internet leaving me with no music for the rest of the day, I then check my downloaded music and it's all been deleted, I have to go album to album downloading 40+ gb's of music for the hundredth time, get apple music, theses issues are widespread, you will encounter at least one of them eventually in the span of a week.

/thread

I've used both and heres my opinion

Spotify:
Pros:
Amazing Recommendations (Daily Mixes + Discover Weekly are both fucking awesome tools)
Support for pretty much any platform
Integrates with tons and tons of softwares
Can choose to authenticate with FB or personal account

Cons:
Weird arbitrary limit for number of songs downloaded (3333 songs IIRC)
Must use either/or Facebook or email account to authenticate (this was a problem for me when my work started blocking Facebook).
Curated playlists are only ok

Apple Music
Pros:
Much larger download limit
Integrates awesomely with apple products (I.E. Siri)
Can also view Music Videos
I personally found I liked AM curated playlists much better than Spotify's

Cons:
Itunes not supported on Linux
Itunes is still kinda shitty software
Itunes recommendations are just OK.
Requesting Songs from Siri is still really buggy
- "Hey Siri, play Alvvays", Siri cannot find Alvvays becasue of their weird ass name
Integrates with Apple products but generally feel like Spotify integrates with more softwares

I use AM right now because I work on a Linux Machine and I also drive to work which makes Siri really handy. But in general, I prefer Spotify more. I've never reached the download limit but I can understand that being a contention point for some.

Oh, and one more pro of spotify is the $5/mo promo with Hulu when you're a student

Another correction, I use AM because Facebook is blocked at work but I can't use AM on my desktop because Linux.

I listen to music via my iPhone which is fine for now.

for people without access to streaming services (in other countries) I understand this. But if you're in some first world country why wouldn't you spend the bare minimum amount of money for a streaming service? Premium is literally just 10$ a month no? That's the cost of 1 cup of starbucks coffee? 1 meal? Besides there's at least some money going to the artists. And you get a system to organize music and save it at on a cloud which you can access from any device. Instead of having to tranfer downloaded shit everywhere.

I'm not even asking you to buy each album individually which would be ideal for the artist. Just spend a meagre amount every month and pay for /something/ instead of being such absurd cheapskates.

you got it spot on. except. spotify interface is way better than itunes. library is better and bigger too afaik. spotify's linux desktop client is pretty neat too. my fear is reaching that limit point. have no idea what i'll do when that happens.

>uses iphone.
welp. there goes your entire opinion in the trash.

>welp. there goes your entire opinion in the trash.

Also yeah, Spotify interface is way better

>uses Android
>no adblock
Drink bleach

>That's the cost of 1 cup of starbucks coffee
you're an idiot

2 coffees then? i don't drink at starbucks. was just taking a guess at the amount of money that burgers spend there. iirc i remember seeing a 7-8$ coffee there.

A coffee is about 3$

Literally none

Definitely Spotify. The selection destroys apple music, which only has an advantage in getting some content early that Spotify will get anyway lol

>le cultural marxism meme
Kill yourself now

Someone sounds #TRIGGERED

>my fear is reaching that limit point
I've been there for a year on and off, user. The amount isn't as high as it could be, but the solution is to save only one song from an individual album, rather than the whole album with each tracks, because when you save albums it counts each track as an album before it gives you the message "Epic collection, friend."

>for people without access to streaming services (in other countries) I understand this
That's fair. And if you really want to support an artist you like, buy albums from their websites or their own label if possible. Better yet, go to concerts when you can.

I don't mind ads, at least not enough to bother downloading ad block, and depriving certain websites of revenue. I don't judge people who do use it, but frankly, it's easy enough to just tune it out, and it funds things I like. So might as well not.

Spotify is on iphone dingus.

Apple Music has better playlists and recommendations

I've had spotify premium for like 4 years now and I like it over apple and tidal but I wish I had never used it. It's convenient but honestly has only entry level shit and the recommendations are really underwhelming.

>amazing recommendations
I just posted and I just really disagree. Maybe I'm fucking autistic but the recommendations come off as like "things people who listen to this tend to like this stuff too" and that's not what I want at all.

is there a way ti scrobble for last.fm on Apple Music?

Thanks, stranger who actually is not me, despite what has been suggested by Idk, probably Radiohead, Dinosaur Jr., Pavement, QotSA, and The Beach Boys

>implying voting with your wallet isn't the most effective way to halt degeneracy in its tracks

In this case it probably doesn't matter because Spotify's user base is mostly cucks anyway, but look what's happening to the NFL. This a trend that has been going on for years now:

>SJWs bitch and moan about some shit in a certain medium (music, video games, movies, etc.)
>demand that creators cater to their wishes
>creators cave and believe that this is just a necessary part of modern life
>new "adjusted" content is released, SJWs don't purchase or support it because they had no respect for the art form to begin with, and they also don't have money either
>true fans don't support it because it is devoid of what made the previous stuff good
>industry goes downhill

See: Hollywood, the NFL, Marvel comics, etc.

how old are you my dude? i really am curious.

22, my dude

If you care for an artist buy the music. Spotify is nothing more than a glorified youtube that you pay for.
The only reason artists have their shit on spotify is because they want more people discovering them. It pays literally nothing.

I heard that Apple pays artists better than Spotify. That's the only reason I'm using AM. It can be a pain in the ass sometimes though - iTunes is shit, the app once removed random songs from my downloaded albums (or even whole albums) and it doesn't show covers on lockscreen. I still have 2 free months though.

No it's not. At Starbucks every coffee is at least $3.65 and with taxes it comes up to about $3.9-4.