ITT: Smallest state/province/region capital cities from your cunt

ITT: Smallest state/province/region capital cities from your cunt

>Viedma, Río Negro

>Pop: 52.700

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gQG6i1LNzgM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Osilnica, population 332. It is the capital of the municipality of the same name with 372 constituents, and municipalities are the only administrative subdivision in my country.

Guanajuato
Pop: 70 000

Charlottetown, population ~34,000

I live there, pretty comfy

Montpelier, Vermont
7,800 people

Palmas, Tocantins
279.856 people as of 2016

Hory shiet, i just realized that we have a smaller capital located in the middle of nowhere... It looks depressing as fuck.

>Rawson, Chubut.

>Pop: 31.000

never forget when viedma was about to be the capital city of Argentina

Wrong
Guanajuato has like 5m
Colima is way smaller

Let me tell you about depression

Iqaluit, pop: 7700 and in the middle of absolute fucking nowhere on top of the world

Frias (Burgos, Castile)
Pop: 258 :(

Although it does get more isolated, Grise Fiord is the most northerly civilian settlement in the country with a population of about 150. It's on an island and supplied by a ship that comes by once a year. There's a documentary about it that is kind of neat.

Spen, you have outdone us in more than one way.

do you live there??

No, I live in , there is no reason to live in Nunavut unless you're an English teacher or something

the rural exodus in castile was terrible...

Bayburt, population 90.154

He have also Ushuaia, pop: 56.000

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gQG6i1LNzgM

Wel, technically it was going to be a whole new city in the area, Brasilia style.

Leikanger

2000 people

quite remote

over three and a half hours drive to closest town with more than 10 000 people in it

>Montpelier
lel

>Viedma is actually smaller than Ushuaia
Wasn't expecting that.

maybe Oban, the only town on nzs third biggest island, Stewart Island, obans population is about 400

What's wrong with it?

Wikipedia says it's Urbino, at 15000 and something residents

Didn't knew our southern Montpellier had an homonym.

Hundreds of towns in the United States are named after Moscow, Paris, etc.

An inextinguishable source of jokes, I presume.

Río Nigger here, it's really irrelevant as a city for the province excepting for gov stuff.

These are Americans we're talking about, do you really expect them to make geography-based jokes?

Anadyr probably at 15k.

Most irrelevant state capitals:
Juneau, Alaska
Little Rock, Arkansas
Dover, Delaware (also the most irrelevant state)
Frankfort, Kentucky
Augusta, Maine
Lansing, Michigan
Jefferson City, Missouri
Helena, Montana
Lincoln, Nebraska
Carson City, Nevada
Concord, New Hampshire
Bismarck, North Dakota
Pierre, South Dakota
Montpelier, Vermont
Olympia, Washington

what is people like there? or no one knows?

that would be Fuerte Olimpo, in Alto Paraguay
population 4200~4500 give and take. can't find a single datum from this decade wtf

Toledo, which is ironic since it used to be our capital

Saarbrücken in Saarland with 170k citizens

>Small cities

it's the smallest state and the smallest states capital

100% non white

Ours would be Mende I think, in the Lozère department
It's only 11 500 people and the Lozère itself is the least densily populated area of the country, with 15/km2 people. Mostly because it's very mountainous and cold during winter, half of it is within a national park

It's pretty comfy

That picture is epic as fuck. Makes me angry we can't build things like that here.

Well it's not like we were still building them, unfortunately

At least you have them at all. None of our cities look like that. They're all modernist shit with giant asphalt streets filled with cars and everything is spread for ridiculous number of miles. No public transportation, have to get in a car to get anywhere even for basic essentials.

Take comfort knowing your landscapes are wildernesses are god tier

Who cares though? That's not where you spend 99% of your time and life.

Yes, but on the other hand it's not like most people here live in cute medieval villages either.
Our bigger cities have beautiful architecture as well but same, around the historical center there is usually a modern urban devellopment far bigger than the old town, made up of regular concrete buildings
That being said I agree most European towns look better than American ones, after all most exist since centuries so even the irrelevant ones have landmarks

I'd take anything I could get desu. Though even the newer parts of European cities are all designed better than ours with walkability and public transport in mind.

>Though even the newer parts of European cities are all designed better than ours with walkability and public transport in mind

True, I like American suburbs for the size of the houses but I wouldn't want to take my care everytime

The size comes at a price. You can't give people that much space without endless sprawl. It's also built to a shitty quality than you Euros are used to.

The smallest "county seat" in the state of Oregon is Moro, capital of Sherman County. Moro has 324 people.