Anyone else spending christmas alone? For me, this is the 31st christmas I'll be alone, no friends, no family...

Anyone else spending christmas alone? For me, this is the 31st christmas I'll be alone, no friends, no family, and it does get easier over time. It never gets exactly pleasant, but I no longer spend christmas day sitting on the railing of a bridge wondering if this is the year I jump.

I've been up since yesterday and I'm going to try to stay awake until late tonight so I can spend the whole day tomorrow sleeping. I have no fridge and no stove so my christmas dinner will come out of a can, but I bought myself a bag of expensive, fancy potato chips.

Where you at, my depressed, isolated humbug bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Nellis
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bro, you have no fridge or stove? Wtf is wrong with you?

Don't have a shower either. I have to take sponge baths in the sink. I haven't had a hot meal in three years. I live in an unfinished, unheated basement under an abandoned plastics factory. Pic related: the area where I sleep. Behind the blue tarp, there's a whole factory, six workshops, a warehouse, and a loading dock, all full of black mold, mice, and millipedes.

If having no friends bothers you then take some initiative and get friendly with the neighbours, filipinos,indians and most foreigners are usually the most receptive and least judging.

I dont get sad on valentines day because I'm a "mysoginist" and I know its a scam to stimulate the econony. make guys spend money on expensive gifts.

And for fuck sakes, learn to cook man. Have a couple of drinks and cook yourself a nice fish.

Dude wtf. You'd have a happier existence living in the goddamn forest

Use a campfire. Clearly there must be old dead diseased trees and sewer rats where you live so you have everything you need.

I've been working on renovating the floor above into a community centre for outcasts like myself. I want to create a space where people who hate to socialize can come and have a coffee and a snack, play some vidya, check their email, or just sit on a comfy couch and read a book without having to worry about money or being forced to talk to anyone.

This has been my passion project. I watch YouTube tutorials and learn as I go, and I salvage as much renovating material as I can from the garbage. Everything else I slowly buy as I can, hauling it back in shopping carts.

The building is a hundred years old and has no openable windows. Fires in here are... not a good idea.

Do you own the land the factory is on?

Ok so you basically live without any of the normal necessary things like a stove, but you have internet? Wtf user

No, I rent. I get it really cheap. The only way I can afford to do this is if I live in the basement and pay rent.

I have a 100 mbps fibre optic connection. That was actually pretty easy to get. And since I can use it to access every movie, TV show, and video game ever made, all for free, it's a bargain at the price even if it means skipping meals.

Thank you for making me feel better about living in a small apartment in the ghetto user..

Here, have a picture of the door in the scary basement leading to my little hidey hole.

Are you able to sell any of factory scrap metal, etc. If there's any?

Well I guess it's better to starve with entertainment

No, the landlord owns all the old machinery and stuff. There are 20+ year old CNC machines, but their guts are all over, so I'm guessing they already salvaged them for anything worthwhile. I got what tools I could, but most of them were long dead, and they all reek of black mold. The roof is partially collapsed in the factory, so I just keep it all tarped off and live in this little area, which used to be the air conditioning room.

>tfw no gf to fall asleep with on xmas eve

Old cnc? Or old m
Lathes and mills? Stop doing drugs

I actually have no idea what the machines are, but the landlord says it was a plastics-forming factory owned by Chrysler, and a union auto worker I know told me the machines look like old CNC machines and were probably worth $50k apiece once upon a time.

Actually, city workers came by last year to survey all the old wiring and pipes to do some roadwork, and they told me Chrysler never moved their phone lines. They run right through the building. If I cut their line, their whole factory complex would lose their phone connection.

Oh so you like to be alone. Before doing sometjing weird think about killing yourself

I can always count on Sup Forums to bring that extra little bit of joy to an already joyous occasion.

As someone whos interested in renting a property like this and has always dreamed of living in a old factory where did u find the opportunity to rent and how much do u pay?

I knew I was going to need rock-bottom rent to be able to do this, so I moved to the most terrible, apocalyptic city I could find: Windsor. More than 20% of the population is on welfare here and there are abandoned properties everywhere. Detroit is a 15 minute drive from Windsor; we're essentially the same city split down the middle by the Detroit River, but in different countries.

This place had been abandoned for more than a decade before I rented it. I pay $500 a month in rent for 1000 square feet of usable storefront space, plus this whole basement.

Hey user, Think about continueing the tradition in your own way, last christmas it was the first time i did anything in 3 years xmass related and it was buying a xmass sweater lol, Wearing it from now untill new years eve ( with washing but as in, Wearing it) and im having alot of snacks and a fried of mine for the first time in quite a few years, I am only 23 years old

Last year (still in moms basement) i asked my mother if i should cook or do anything else pleasant like usual, Nope, Didnt need too (asked 100 times)

This day, we call xmass-eve in netherlands, Last year i had to call an ambulance because she was having a fake panic attack, talking about no air while screaming ( calling dutch 911) and the operator sent a police vehicle with the ambulance because she is hearing loud screams lol, It happend on 2nd day of xmass again only with ambulance coming alone ( same 2 guys) and knowing my mom faked it, checked air and everything and it was normal ( despite her being a chronic chain smoker)

year before 2015 i was suicidal and depressed and shut-in my own room smoking pot only

2014 i worked so hard at philips logistics i slept through those days which was quite nice

2013 nothing

2012 a forced dinner with brother and mother at a chinese all you can eat, Alot of fat people, barfing people, And other unpleasant things

2011 last family dinner ever, After having barbecue everybody bolted, Not because our house is unpleasan,t But people over the years had other friends too see

2010 chinese all you can eat with family, this went on since 2007, Our last good xmass party at our house ( which we always did it at) was 2006

Depreddion doesnt go away with circumstances op
I was once a friendless virgin living in a mouldy bedsit.

Now i am engaged to be married and live in a nice apartment.... still fantacise about killing myself.

I wish you well if this is legit though because your terrible life makes us all feel better.

Are you a virgin op?

How are you making money to pay for rent and internet, but not the basic necessities?
What do you do for work?

I bought myself a fancy, expensive bag of cocain.

Are you homeless?

Two years ago I bought a Santa hat and wore it for the whole day. I felt even more miserable and wretched than usual and I've never repeated that mistake.

I'm asexual and aromantic.

I do tarot readings on the street on a little folding table. I make about $40-$60 for a 12 hour shift. On a bad day I'll make $0, but on my best day I made $240.

Op you are a troll. I havee 3 girlfriends 2 kids. My sisters are in love with me. My family loves me i have money and lots of cheese pizza. I own a factory and have unlimited internet. I do hiking and have many friends. I have a career and have vehicle. I got a gaming pc and console. I have savings and own my house. Im lean and have muscle.
Why are you living like that?

Being a NEET in netherlands must sucks, if you were in finland it would be normal, but come on in netherlands you can easily find a job at your age. What is stopping you?

What happened to you that resulted in you living like this? Would like to know. To me it looks like life fucked you good.

what country is this? if netherlands stove is available!

Not going for a hat mate, That is a little bit too much and stereotypical, Try a sweater and about it being about snow,eating,getting drunk or stoned,

is this a Mage confirming he exists or am i high?

Individual Growth, On the way i was before, i was dead end in logistics or factory work, No fucking way i am going too do that, I am currently leeching welfare, which is only 200 euros short of the minimum wage somebody my age works for 24/7

Er... that's clearly a home. Not a great home, but still a home. Pic related: my battlestation.

I don't think like other people. Never have. I suspect I'm probably on the spectrum somewhere. I was a child prodigy and taught myself to read and write from comic books at the age of two, so my IQ and aptitude were extensively studied. My IQ tested out as four standard deviations over mean. My parents threw me out on the street at the age of 17 to, in my father's words, "root hog, or die." They told me they didn't like me as a person, and as they had fed and sheltered me for 16 years they considered their moral and legal obligation to me fulfilled.

I've spent my life homeless off and on for the last 31 years.

It is a phaggot confirming he is a dirty rotten phaggot

Do you do drugs or have any kind of addiction?
How did you end up where you're at and how old are you?

If this is netherlands, Stay in my garden home ( small but do-able with a bed in it and room for a desk and chair)

Hey op some people are born with brain issues. Most of us here have no issues like you. You arw different, why dont you end your life thos world is not for you

only 4 standard deviations.

Clearly they got rid of you retard

I'm 49. No, I have no addictions. I just give off what people have called "axe murderer vibes." I'm... intense. My parents say when they'd wish me good morning, I'd scowl at them and say "I don't do small talk." They said it was charming when I was six, but had long since stopped being charming by the time I'd hit 16.

I used to have friends, but somewhere along the line I realized that I was the friend of last resort. I'm a fascinating person, but not *fun* to be around. People say spending a few hours around me is exhausting and makes their brain hurt. Eventually I decided that I'd rather be alone than be "that guy" who people only want to be around when there's absolutely no one and nothing else.

Continuying...
My older brother wanted to kill the entire family but not my sister. Why? Well he was an idiot and he killed himself. LoL

Best of luck! if it means anything too ya, I will sent good vibes and pray to kek for you!

I hope its not about pizza, If it is, Get cancer.

Thank you for the offer, but I live in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. And I don't really mind living here; it's just a little hard around the holidays when everyone around me is enjoying friends and family and hot meals.

Alone in my room, which is how I spend all other holidays. It’s nowhere near as bad as you, but still fucking sucks.
>no gf
>no car
>shit tier job
>still live at home with mom
I’m falling deeper and deeper in a pit of despair, and I have no will to change.

tl;dr very alone at home

lol

Rich Piana 5150 and cardio at the gym you live near at

thank me when u are making out next summer.

Are you me?

>Windsor
This is inspiring
I hope somebody archives this thread in a picture because i cant!

I hope not, but probably.

About... pizza? This community centre is called the Utah Phillips Centre for the Hobo Arts. It's a place where outcasts like me can come and attend free classes in the traditional hobo survival skills like busking, whittling, picking, folk art, and fortune telling. I'm trying to get a musical instrument drop-off organized so people can drop off old instruments they're not using, I'll get them repaired, and then give them to people who need them to busk on the street.

I've put every penny I ever saved and my whole life into this project. It's important to me.

Here's a photo of the front of the Utah Phillips Centre. It's not much, but it represents three years of work and sacrifice for me.

ib4 billionaire Tommy Wiseau

Can you type up more? I am currently smoking weed and i am having a good time realising i am very lucky i am smoking weed in my mothers house in my own bedroom

Not sure what you want to know. I decided early that I was never going to have a traditional life, so I didn't even try. I've spent 25 years as a union radical, community organizer, and anarchist shit-disturber. I'm well enough known to have a Wikipedia article about me, and I've been on the cover of every newspaper in the country.

When I started this project I set up a GoFundMe and called in every favour I could. Turns out 25 years of fighting other people's battles for them is worth about $1300. It would cost $10k just to put a shower in here so I don't have to take sponge baths.

>Utah Phillips Centre for the Hobo Arts
Get this too Vice or another left-wing media thing that will get a hard on for this.

Moar?
Who are you user?

have a chuckle!

They did, three years ago. You can probably still find the article. Turns out that just having a lot of people talking about you doesn't actually translate into money, especially on the left where everyone is broke.

Pic is me. If you really want to know who I am, you can reverse search the image, since it's from a newspaper article about me.

Hey op even the hookers and transgender sex workers spend time with their families. Get a dog or something and avoid pitbulls.

Best of luck sir, You are looking good on that photo, I hope that these cold days will still hold mice and milipedes too a minimum for you these days!

Google dosen't know who you are.
LMAO, you're a nobody.
I even swaped the google recomended "beard" for news and I still got nothing.
PMSL, you think you're sombody but you're nobody. Hahhahahahhahahahhaha

Are you the guy who lives in a basement from the feels thread yesterday?

You fucking loser

Just take a bath with a toaster

Let me guess; you don't have a toaster?

Fucking buy one as a present, fill the sink of water and stand in it. Drop the toaster in and enjoy

Remember to plug it in first

Merry Christmas you fucking retakes loser

Fuck I hate scum like you

Niggers

The mice creep in to share my heat with me. I don't really mind except they chew the shit out of everything. If they'd stop ripping up my clothes and books and shitting all over my food I wouldn't set traps for them. I'd be happy to have them as roommates, since they at least eat the bugs.

Yes, that's me.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Nellis

I've hosted two radio shows, run for public office, been professionally published, and am best known for getting kicked out of prison for organizing the other inmates. Pic related: from another newspaper article about my activities.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Nellis
Andrew Nellis[edit]
One of the original organizers of the OPU, Andrew Nellis was active with the union between 2005 and 2011. He was the spokesperson for the union for much of that time, which involved him meeting with Ottawa police and city councillors.

Nellis was arrested on April 30, 2008, the day before the annual May Day march by the IWW and Ottawa Panhandlers Union. Nellis was allegedly caught by police trying to cut a lock on a gate in the pedestrian underpass close to the Rideau Centre. The gate had been recently put up by the City of Ottawa to prevent homeless people from sitting or sleeping under the bridge.

Nellis was first held at the Elgin police station, where he was offered a deal to be released on bail with certain conditions. Nellis refused these conditions, and was transferred to Innes Road two days later. During his time in jail, Nellis began organizing his fellow inmates because of the poor conditions of the jail. This led to a front page article in the Ottawa Citizen about the Innes Road jail.[9]

When Nellis appeared in court on Elgin Street on May 1, 2008 an anarchist group stormed the court and chanted "Andrew Nellis under attack. What do we do? Stand up, fight back!" The group was made up of Wobblies, members of People's Global Action Bloc Ottawa, and other Ottawa anarchists and activists.

Nellis was released from jail 5 days later. The charges against him by the Crown Attorney were later dropped.

Nellis ran in the 2010 Ottawa municipal election for Ottawa City Council in the Rideau-Vanier Ward. Nellis finished in 3rd with 462 votes.[10]

He is no longer spokesperson for the OPU and is pursuing a career as a tarot card reader.[11] He has since started Street Labourers of Windsor (SLOW) which is an IWW-affiliated union including panhandlers, buskers, street people and the homeless in Windsor, Ontario.[12]
tl;dr version: he's a homeless faggot.

>a homeless faggot
You say that like it's a bad thing.

I think you´ve highjacked this obscure guy´s identity

You failed at breaking and entering an underpass.
People manage to get into peoples homes yet you couldn't get into an underpass.
You are a faggot.

>my sisters are in love with me
>Indian detected

Here I am in front of the Utah Phillips Centre. Satisfied?

In their court disclosure, the police were forced to admit they had a plant in our organization. They had a surveillance team waiting for me. I was not well-loved by the police because I also organized the local copwatch program.

That just makes you more stupid.
Why would you brag about commiting a crime before you commit it?
That is a really dense thing to do?
You commit the crime and then brag about it after if you're so vain you need that type of attention.
I personaly keep myself to myself. It helps in not getting caught doing stupid stuff.

Have you checked any online market places?
Dude you can easily buy a shit stove top for like 30 dollars. Atleast you'll be able to cook on it.
Man if I could I wish I could invite you in for some food. I live in Canada though

I have no idea what you're going on about. This is the whole story:

This pedestrian underpass has been a battleground between street people and the city for many years. It's kitty-corner from Parliament Hill and right beside the Rideau Centre, the single most expensive piece of real estate in the country. The city was furious that poor people would socialize under the underpass, and homeless people would shelter there at night.

Then one of the members of our union (Ottawa Panhandlers' Union), a 17 year old squeegee kid named Cactus (real name Stephen Beriault) was sleeping one night and a bar-hopper from Toronto took a piss near his head. Cactus jumped up and took a swing at him with the squeegee, and the guy responded by stabbing Cactus in the heart with a knife. The ambulance EMTs stood at the top of the underpass and watched Cactus die because they didn't feel safe around street kids.

The body wasn't even cold and the city was erecting fences "to protect people." I filed a $1 million lawsuit against the city to force them to take the fence down. Then the union discussed out next move and we decided to cut the lock off the gate, replace it with our own lock, then throw copies of the key into the crowd at the May Day action the next day. I was delegated to cut the lock.

For what it's worth, op, I hope you realize your dream one day. It sounds beautiful, far moreso than anything anyone on Sup Forums has ever attempted. Nice to have you in my feels thread last night. Hope I see you again on the boards. Best of luck to you.

The electrics in here are not good. I can't even run a space heater without blowing a fuse. The building is a hundred years old and was a factory, and what they did was keep installing new wiring over the old stuff, so there's everything from modern fibre optic cables to turn-of-the-century bare copper and bakelite.

There's also no openable windows, so there can't be any cooking smells or smoke in here. The factory used to have central air, but the air conditioning room in the basement is where I sleep, and there hasn't been AC machinery here in decades.

Whereabouts in Canada are you? I'm in Windsor.

Thanks, user.

*whereaboots

your problem if one thing you can only do is complain and not be able to reverse search

I actually like your style.
It's still a pretty stupid way to get caught though.

Kek

Go away. I already got him to post it for me.
Social engenering is the new hacking.

I agree. And the thing is, I *knew* there was something wrong. I got down there with my bolt cutters and just stopped. My intuition was screaming at me that something was very out of place, so I stopped, packed my pipe, and smoked a bowl while I pondered. I told myself that it was just jitters and to stop being so stupid, since I'd done similar actions a hundred times before.

Now, of course, I think what I'd subconsciously noticed is the same black van driving past over and over again, but at the time I just figured I had lost my nerve and needed to nut up.

It taught me to always follow my intuition.

Yea always follow your intuition.
If it seems wrong, something probably is wrong.
I still don't fully understand how you managed to fall into that trap though.
You should have pleded entrapment and that it was all the rats idea.

No, I decided to defend myself on constitutional grounds. I have no formal legal training, but I've read a lot of constitutional law, so I'm very good at ferreting out novel legal strategies. The thing about novel strategies is there's a razor-thin line between creative and kooky. A kooky legal argument will get you laughed out of court, but a creative novel strategy (meaning one which has never been tried before) will intrigue a judge looking to make a name for himself establishing precedent.

In this case, I planned to argue that I had a legal right one two grounds to cut the lock because it was preventing homeless people from taking shelter. First, I had the right to break the law to prevent a larger miscarriage of justice. This is why you have a legal right to break down someone's door to drag them out of a fire, for example. And second, it's illegal in Ontario to discriminate in housing on the basis of source of income. I planned to argue that fencing off this public space disproportionately targeted those with no income or social assistance who relied on the space for shelter.

In the end, the Crown ended up dropping my charges rather than face the risk of having me set a constitutional challenge which could help poor people across the country and seriously annoy the government.

My thought was if I could establish my constitutional right to cut the lock, the lawsuit would be a slam dunk. (Eventually they settled the lawsuit with us out of court. I am not allowed to discuss the terms.)

>I am not allowed to discuss the terms.
Oh, so you are a faggot.
Always trust you intuition.

Uh, I'm not allowed to discuss the terms because of a non-disclosure agreement. That's pretty standard in out of court settlements.

But Sup Forums is anomlynuss?

I've posted my name and photos of myself. I'm pretty obviously not anonymous. I wouldn't take the chance in any case, because there's nothing to be gained.

How about I post an email and you send it there?

[email protected]

Bump

Why the hell would you want to know the details of a confidential out of court settlement? No, I'm not going to tell you. I'm guessing you'd email it to the city and try to get them to sue me. Not being completely retarded, I think I'll decline, thanks.

Ofcourse I won't.
You trust an FBI rat but you don't trust me?
Makes perfect sense.

You ended up living in your anarchist/socialist fantasy; total poverty. Respect.

I spend every christmas alone for the last 25 years or so. My family gets together, but it's always a fucking dramatic ordeal. Everything has to be perfect.

And the whole ordeal was always so fucking awkward. You go around in a group of 15 people and one at a time open a gift and you have to hold it up and show it off and some asshole takes a pictures, and you have to thank them and say it was just what you wanted and blah blah blah the whole thing is just bleh.;

I make enough that I can just buy whatever I want throughout the year. I only buy for a couple people and i order it on amazon and they wrap it for me. No fuss, no muss.

And besides, all the kids want is fucking money and gift cards anyways. So fuck them. They get nice cards and good wishes. They're greedy little shits and deserve nothing.

So hang out by yourself, catch up on films and tv shows, jerk off and nap. Greatest christmas ever.

Your parents are shit

There's a difference between wanting to do something and being forced to.

Neither option should be taken. Christmas is a huge cringey pain in the ass. Enjoy solitude.