Boss is my bestfriend in the world

>boss is my bestfriend in the world
>his birthday happens to be on christmas
>Despite knowing this and talking about it every day i did not think to get him a present
>i now realize i should probably get him a present by tomorrow

not impossible, but i need some advice on what to give him. some issues

>he has stage 4 bladder cancer and cannot even move around. his arms and hands work but he doesn't have enough dexterity for anything with precise typing.
>he has less than a year to live so this is probably his last birthday
>hes stuck in a nursing home

he likes food but hes getting so much of it, even a box of chocolates would just be met in the pile. i dont know how i forgot to get him something, I've just been stressed and busy taking care of him every day while also fighting off two strep throat infections

any advice?

If you would write him a letter by hand I think it would mean a lot to him. Or show him your post.

Handjob.

tbh, pay him a visit and tell him how much he means to you. he would most certainly appreciate it.

thats literally every day though. the only days i havent been by his side since early november was the days i was contagious with strep (and i actually came in on one of those and just wore a mask). even the talk is a daily thing, you kinda have that talk a lot when someones dying unfortunately.

this isnt a bad idea actually he mirrored my love for greeting cards with sentimental notes inside when i talked about how they're better than presents before.

>any advice?

Top pleb for forgetting. But not to worry, as we live in the age of the internet, and things are much different than they were ten years ago.

All you have to do is tell him they sent the wrong gift and the right one is on the way. Go on Amazon and get two day shipping, prime trials are free right now even if you used a prime trial in the past. That will give you enough time to think of something.

Also make sure to get a good card and write something heart felt in it. Don't get cringey.

we share an amazon prime account though he wouldnt check. still its christmas AND his birthday, and his last one so id rather go in with something tomorrow and not an excuse.

give him the cure for cancer

Something from Bad Dragon

get him a deconstructed cookie thi ng put all the ingredents in a mason jar

Lottery ticket and jokingly tell him that you want whatever is left when he's gone. If he has the right sense of humor, he'll appreciate it.

that'd take at least 2 days, but his birthdays tomorrow :(

DMT

cake in a jar woulda been great, he loves sweets but its an extra bit of effort.

he totally would cuz hes awful, though he might still cry about it later cuz you know...

Give him the gift of mercy

when the time comes I'll do what I have to, but the doctors think he will walk again and go back home so it wouldnt be very merciful to not have that happen

Then do the ticket in a card. Even if he cries later, it's not like he wouldn't of anyway. I am truly sorry for your impending loss and hope you continue shining a little light on his gloomy final days.

Good luck and if you're religious, God bless you.
If you're not and still this good a friend, you're even an even better person than that.

Better late than never. It's his last birthday, get him something good. Because if you rush and get something tomorrow it's going to be a shitty gift. Also good luck finding some place that's open

Get him a cool hat (if it has to do with something he likes, that’s a bonus) or maybe a movie he loves. Hope it gives you some ideas, user

I live in Los Angeles that has lots of things open tomorrow... though I don't know where to go even dude

That's what makes him such a difficult person to get gifts for... He doesn't watch movies. He kind of watches TV, but only true crime documentaries. I downloaded a whole bunch of them to his tablet I got him yesterday... but I didn't pay for it myself and a little late for me to make it seem like a gift

Get him a hooker.

this actually isnt such ab ad idea though its a litle late and he is immobile and also not at a nursing home

Visit him and ask if he wants anything. I'm sure hes getting a shit ton of stuff from everyone but never been asked what he really wants. Maybe a day or two out of that hell hole?

cure his cancer. isn't that obvious?

idk if you can, but just take him out of the room or some shit. put him in a wheel chair and take him somewhere. i wouldn't want to spend the last months of my life bed bound.

>maybe a day or two out of that hell hole

he just got in yesterday so i dont think id be able to get him out, even if i had a car they want him moved via gurney. i wish i could though i tried so hard to get him to his home for christmas, h e loves his home so much.

unfortunately hes not even allowed outside of his room he is in an isolation room because of a rare infection he had.

we put him into the home so he can get daily PT until he is able to move around via walker. than we can take him home til the cancer worsens at which point his life savings will last him about 4 months with a home nurse.

This user - find out exactly what it is he wants and get it for him. Anything we suggest will be arbitrary, just like the food that is piling up. For someone not counting their days, arbitrary gifts are alright, nice even that someone put in some thought. But him it'll just feel like a pity present that had no thought. By actually asking what he wants and making an attempt to get it, you'll bring some light into his darkest hour.

Lotto ticket dude here. Do this x100.