Doctor Who General - /who/

Class is about to begin soon Edition

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y7VsMnTUYwg
poal.me/wsq32u
twitter.com/suevertue/status/788700078965985280
docs.google.com/forms/d/1OFH9w_20aHYHdyl36BijURnVkb2uVHQpi8NAzaszB4s/edit?chromeless=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Alright Sup Forums, I know nothing about the next season and need to catch up on the hype. Can I count on you to tell me everything you know?

Yeah sure here we go.

Series 10
pig shit

>Class trailer only starts showing on TV from Monday, only five days before the premiere
>It goes full STRONK INDEPENDENT SPIN-OFF THAT DON'T NEED NO WHO with no connection to the parent show, no Capaldi clips, not even a "From the makers of Doctor Who"

Not to mention the show itself doesn't seem to have anything to offer. I'll still give it a chance but not gonna lie I'm much more hyped for the return of Thunderbirds Are Go on Saturday.

Series 10 will have Bll, a new female geeky companion, and Nardole, a companion from the future.

The Christmas special will have the Doctor and a superhero, who he may or may not have inspired, fighting an alien menace. Will be here at Christmas of this year.

Class is a spinoff of Doctor Who. Four kids, and an alien teacher, will have to survive a horde of creatures coming from the tears in reality. The Doctor cameos in the first ep, and he inadvertently causes the plot, but he's not involved with the rest of the eps.

It's coming out this Saturday on BBC3, and online in the pirate's waters. Here's the trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=y7VsMnTUYwg

will season 10 have any cybermen/dalek trash talking?

Anyone got a transparent PNG of the Class logo?

Handy /who/ hype summary, some of which is probably fake:

(SPOILERS AHOY)

Ep1 - A Star in her Eye by The Moff. Bill's intro, set in a university. Nardole's also there as the Doctor's "valet" who's "sometimes sinister".

Ep2 - by Frank Cotrell Boyce, filmed in Spain, set in a futuristic city, involves robots with emojis for faces

Ep3 - by Sarah Dollard, Edwardian setting in winter

Ep4 - The Haunted Hub by Mike Bartlett, one of two "mind blowing" new writers. Has Bill staying in the Blink house and the guy from Poirot as some sort of landlord/groundskeeper.

Ep 5-9 Unknown, though Gatiss is writing at least one, and there's a Classic Who writer coming back (smart money's on Rona Munro, since Aaronovitch, Gallagher and Andrew Smith have confirmed it's not them).

Ep10-12 by The Moff, probably a three part finale with all sorts of Moffucking

Misc - everything's very "fresh" apparently, feels like a brand new show, etc.

no but i have a jiff image of a cat getting stuffed into a paper tube

oh and PNG is pronounced PING

Series 10 will have 2 shit episodes, 3 reasonably entertaining ones, 3 good ones, 3 very good ones, and an excellent one. And an Xmas special.

>and an Christmas special

what?

poal.me/wsq32u

Correction for pedant user. An Xmas special before S10 starts Spring 2017.

its not called "an christmas special" is it cause i will not be watching it if it is fuck that

wot

you should be saying "a Christmas special" not "an Christmas special"

someone's bored

Good summary, thanks.
Last Moffucking, end of an era. Will be shit or GOAT, he'll either go out with a whimper or a bang.

you uh, didn't grasp that maybe I was talking about a different program?

moffat is nothing but shit what are you speaking about?

Best is the Georgian outfit, suits him well.

none of the above

what?

His Victorian outfit in Deep Breath and the red velvet are the only decent 12 costumes so far

I've enjoyed too many of his episodes to discount him.

He's done OK. Besides, he's going soon so can't be bothered to argue now Caro.

>His Victorian outfit in Deep Breath
what?

He needs a cravat.

looks shit

The Whoodie was good. It's not what you'd expect from Twelve, but that just symnolizes how he doesn't care about what people expect of him.

I never cared for it, personally. I can see why people do, and what they were going for, but not for me desu.

burn this

>I am Groot

Kek that came out before S8.
I remember hoping he would wear something like that in the show after seeing it and he basically did.

I like the Whoodie, but only with the Troughton-ish trousers.

I'm not even sure we knew the holey sweater was a thing back then. We got extremely lucky with guesswork.

I think there were filming pics maybe?
I might be thinking of a different image.

MOM'S GONNA FREAK:

twitter.com/suevertue/status/788700078965985280

Oh boy.

That costume was good, but wasn't that literally a homeless man's coat?

nah, he switched at some point in the restaurant

More like Sauron's Witch-King.

k9 & company > class

Based on what evidence?

Alright, I suppose the one with Sarah would be automatically superior.

>that scene where the Satanist pensioners made the effeminate young man put on a virginal gown

tom baker is best doctor

>tfw you can't go back in time and ask her to get chemo before it's too late

If you did, Lis would probably chastise you about changing the time line.

The Hybrid being revealed tomorrow

>this user hasn't read the Shit Trip Vol 1 story that revealed the truth about the Hybrid

I mean the NX you bonehead. And I wrote it

Wait, you're cathartic?

And "pre-S9 reveal will happen tomorrow" is a meme people do around here. Got confused.

She really was gorgeous.

Give reasons.

BINGO
I
N
G
O

Let's finish this off now
Anything need replacing? What should fill out the rest?

Annoying younger siblings?

Recycled Buffy plots?
"Man, alien invasions are a cakewalk compared to going to school" moments
Hamfisted reference to pop culture
Shitty rave music when teens are having fun
Moments where the "teenage" cast are very clearly in their late twenties.

Hello, Schlemihl.

docs.google.com/forms/d/1OFH9w_20aHYHdyl36BijURnVkb2uVHQpi8NAzaszB4s/edit?chromeless=1

>A quick survey for /r/DoctorWho and /r/Gallifrey/.

Yes Immigrant?

Also new DWM tomorrow

The new Ask Moffat

Just wanted to say hello.

moffat confirmed for fucking clara.

>the least number of drafts I've ever done for anything was Wedding of River Song

really makes you think

>twenty drafts of Heaven Sent
Shit, dude. What differences were there in all twenty versions?

Husbands of River Song, not Wedding.

What a difference one word makes.

anything with River Song in the title is bad

Remember that time FNA broke the rules, got banned, then bragged about circumventing his ban, then got banned again, then constantly cried about it here for months?

>The Relentless, Violent Retconing of River Song

>you will never have your hotdog in Clara's TARDIS

Why live?

This picture is the most hype thing for S10 but it's not even from Doctor Who.

Really hyped for the Dalek redesign.

What if no Daleks in Series 10?

But they will, because Moffat leaked these pictures on his Grindr profile.

White Darkness: not bad, not great.
The setting (Haiti in 1915) is definitely the best part. It's very nice to have a Doctor Who story set in an original, well-researched historical location.
The story isn't especially remarkable: it's an average Doctor Who plot about bad guys trying to reawake an evil from the dawn of time, with some WW1 military stuff thrown in for good measure. And there are zombies as well, though they don't do much.
Oh, also there are some references to Lovecraft's work and a character inspired by Lovecraft himself, but you could take those out and the book would work just as well. Which brings me to the one big problem: it's got too many characters, and no more than one or two are interesting enough to care about them. That sometimes makes the parts where the book doesn't follow the Doctor or his companions boring. Ace's characterization, on the other hand is very good, while the Doctor and Benny are fine.
There isn't much else to say about it. It's an honest, not terribly interesting book raised above average by the setting. 6/10.

Can't wait til CC takes over

"For the record, the least number of drafts I've ever written of anything are for Blink and Husbands of River Song." Hmm.

Wow, he wrote more drafts for shite like Doctor/Widow/Wardrobe and never once thought "hell, this is just dull as all fuck"

>tfw watched both the American and Japanese versions last month

>first four answers are just the same joke four times

episode 4 of class

Co-Owner Of A Lonely Heart
April starts to feel effects of sharing her heart with Corakinus, and his attempts to sever the attachment only make it stronger.
When April’s estranged father makes a startling appearance she confronts him with Shadow Kin force, manifesting traits of the Shadow Kin leader.

Frightened by this extraordinary new-found power, April seeks comfort in Ram, and vows to reclaim her heart as her own.

Meanwhile, something strange is happening to the others – London is slowly being infested with unusual, sinister flower petals.

So how hyped are you that the hybrid is finally getting revealed in 3 hours from now?

"Meanwhile, something strange is happening to the others – London is slowly being infested with unusual, sinister flower petals."

Plot twist: it's just Autumn

Yay. Chinballs will save us from the Moff!!

Get hype for Dinosaurs on a Spaceship Part 2.

You jest about Dinosaurs on a Spaceship but you do realise that was what Moffat wanted. He actually went to CC and told him the title and to get on with it.

Cyberwoman was also based on an idea by Russell. The design wasn't down to Chibnall. It was also 10 years ago. He's developed, changed, grown as a writer since then, see Broadchurch. The attempt to bash Chibnall with Cyberwoman never fails to amuse

school bell transitions

According to DWTV's advance review, scene transitions will be Sherlock-like.

Actually, I thought DoaS was OK, not great or anything, but reasonably entertaining.

Brian was GOAT.

Same. Nice to just have a fun adventure style romp every now and again

The whole pretending that he is actually talking the characters shtick seems like it's meant to appeal to children, which makes sense considering some of these questions will be from children. But that makes his first answer all the more disturbing. It's possible a child just asked him what the Doctor and River did for 24 years and Moffat basically said they fucked a lot.

What's in 3 hours? Is Class really that soon?

the NX

Oh. What's the event & where can I watch it?

Agree. I liked Girl who Died last year for same reason, because it was fun in an otherwise dark season.

I like 'dark', don't get me wrong, but a fun romp is good occasionally.

On Nintendo's website or their YouTube page.