Why is heavy groove centered rock music hated on so much here? Whether it's rock like Led Zeppelin, Van Halen...

Why is heavy groove centered rock music hated on so much here? Whether it's rock like Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Rolling Stones or metal like Metallica, Pantera, Lamb Of God it's always shat on in favor of music that's not as heavy or not as groove focused. What makes this style inherently bad?

Not really, people listen to a lot of heavy shit here
Bu all the bands you named have been circlejerked for decades now so who gives a fuck anymore

How's your first week on Sup Forums?
There's a lot of other older shit that still gets circlejerked a lot more to this day. The closest thing to "heavy shit" that's circlejerked here is shit like Electric Wizard or Sleep's Dopesmoker neither of which have grooves, just the heaviness for the sake of muh atmosphere.

Those bands are popular and easily digested. I've been in a Van Halen phase myslef as of late. It's like heavy metal Beach Boys and I love it.

When you see people on this board shitting on some kind of music, most of the time (when it's not some kind of viral spamming bullshit) it has less to do with the actual music, and more with the people we associate with that music. We remember the meatheads in our lives who think Metallica totally rock (and may or may not be our fathers) and project our frustration and resentment onto the music they like.

Sup Forums is young and incredibly immature. In every case like this, you always have to ask yourself, what's the pettiest possible reason someone could have for thinking this way? That's your answer.

>It's like heavy metal Beach Boys and
Right down to the point where DLR literally fucking covered a Beach Boys song.

>always shat on in favor of music that's not as heavy or not as groove focused.
It isnt, its just that every band you've mentioned is shit we listened to back in middleschool while you for some reason didnt discover untill you were 18. Most likely because you were a sperg that only listened to video game and anime music.

Oh, even better is if it's not someone else, but ourselves, a few years ago, before we discovered Sup Forums and indie shit, when we were dumb teenagers saying dumb teenage shit and listening to dumb heavy rawk music.

And there it is.

>And there it is.
Doesnt make it any less true.

I enjoy heavy music, but one assumes that on a imageboard dedicated to music, most have all ready heard Metallica, Pantera, Led Zeppelin, Judas Priest, Pink Floyd, etc etc. If you arent at least familiar with such prolific bands, you most likely have little of value to contribute to this board. It is shit enough all ready.

Oh, I know it's true. And I'm not even saying it's bad behavior. Well, it is bad, but everyone does it. That's what you'd expect of people who are in their late teens.

I just wish Sup Forums could skew a little older, and people could hold their tongues, put a little actual thought into discussion, and try not to throw shit around all the time. I don't think this board values "lurk moar" very much, that's why there's so much nastiness.

I love Metallica. And Zeppelin, and Priest, and Floyd. Pantera a little less but they're still great.

I don't get this. Just because people listened to stuff when they were young doesn't make it bad. So no, I didn't start listening to it at 18, but much earlier. But at the same time, just because I am also into Prokofiev or Fennesz doesn't automatically make ALL the earlier stuff I listened to shit. Grow the fuck up and learn to actually pay attention to detail in music rather than letting preconceptions affect your listening of it.

How's being fucking retarded going for you?

t. late teen

>triggered loser S E E T H I N G

>Most likely because you were a sperg that only listened to video game and anime music.
I listened to all the bands in the OP and some video game music on the side. Git gud, faggot

>I don't get this. Just because people listened to stuff when they were young doesn't make it bad.
I
Never
Said
That

This board and others like it self regulate it's content. The reason you get a "pleb" "dadrock, born in the wrong generation" "babys first metal band" is mostly because people arent interested in discussing topics and bands that have been discussed to fucking death all ready. And to limit the amount of "HEY GUISE HAVE YOU HEARD OF ---insert very famous heavy metal/hard rock act here---? I THINK THEY R THE BEST" the custom is to meet such newfaggotry and obvious underage with hostility, or else we would be shit deep in threads about music acts we all ready know and have known for years and wont discover any other music.

You're bringing nothing new to the table.

Which is probably why most come here in the first place. Call me a elitist fuckface, I dont care. I just think we have enough shitty generals and threads on this board that it warrants the hostilty.

> The reason you get a "pleb" "dadrock, born in the wrong generation" "babys first metal band" is mostly because people arent interested in discussing topics and bands that have been discussed to fucking death all ready.
I have already brought up why this isn't valid as older shit gets circlejerked here all the time that doesn't fit into the constraints I mentioned. Learn to read, dumb fuck. Why is it okay to bring up The Beatles, Beach Boys, TVU, King Crimson, Neutral Milk Hotel, Talking Heads, etc. every other day yet not those guys? It's not like there's enough in-depth discussion on here for ANY of these artists to not be talked about here despite being old as shit. If they are brought up, the ones I mentioned in the OP get a lot more negative posts compared to the ones I mentioned in this post. It's not the kind of special board elitism that helps filter the good from bad that you think it is, and if you think otherwise, let me regurgitate: welcome! how has your first week on Sup Forums been?

i feel you user, not good times for metal

>I have already brought up why this isn't valid as older shit gets circlejerked here all the time that doesn't fit into the constraints I mentioned. Learn to read, dumb fuck.

>I don't get this. Just because people listened to stuff when they were young doesn't make it bad. So no, I didn't start listening to it at 18, but much earlier. But at the same time, just because I am also into Prokofiev or Fennesz doesn't automatically make ALL the earlier stuff I listened to shit. Grow the fuck up and learn to actually pay attention to detail in music rather than letting preconceptions affect your listening of it.

Where?

>Why is it okay to bring up The Beatles, Beach Boys, TVU, King Crimson, Neutral Milk Hotel, Talking Heads,
Because The Beatles and Beach Boys is far more influentual than Metallica, Pantera, Nirvana, they are still relevant to this date.
Neutral Milk Hotel is a meme and has been for almost a decade, how this went above your head is beyond me.

I am not going to pretend that there isnt any elitism on Sup Forums because it is, and it used to be something Sup Forums was notorious for. I am just telling you why it is, not why it should. Get your fucking head out of your ass.

There's always reddit if you want a hugbox.

>Where?
Right here: Like, if you're going to participate in a topic where there's some attempt at discussion, it's maybe worth reading what has already been posted before you sperg like an autist.
>Because The Beatles and Beach Boys is far more influentual than Metallica, Pantera, Nirvana, they are still relevant to this date.
And Led Zeppelin/Rolling Stones aren't? Especially when we look at how the music itself directly sounds like (in which case Beatles/Beach Boys would only be comparable to art rock bands like Floyd, Bowie, Radiohead rather than the super big umbrella of influence, thus directly affecting less bands than Zeppelin or Metallica)? Are you fucking kidding me?
>Neutral Milk Hotel is a meme and has been for almost a decade, how this went above your head is beyond me.
So you don't question it, and it was just as it is? That's fucking retarded.
>There's always reddit if you want a hugbox.
I am literally asking for the opposite of this place being an echo chamber by asking itt why some are posted/liked and others aren't, are you that fucking dense? Perhaps you should try getting your head out of your ass, stop pretending that this is some online argument competition that you need to win, and try this thing called discussion.

>I am just telling you why it is, not why it should.
If only you actually could, retard.

>Right here: Like, if you're going to participate in a topic where there's some attempt at discussion, it's maybe worth reading what has already been posted before you sperg like an autist.
So I should arbitrarily attribute every comment in this thread to you?

>And Led Zeppelin/Rolling Stones aren't?
Not to similar degree.

I am not saying, Metallica, Led Zeppelin and any other example didnt have an influence on other artists, the thing is, as far as a movement, a genre, rock is as dead as jazz. The Beatles had reach far outside the genre of rock.

And I dont say that mockingly either, it's sad to see it go out of relevancy, but at this point one cant deny it.

>So you don't question it, and it was just as it is? That's fucking retarded.
No, it's just that you claim to have been here longer than what I assume is a year ( since you welcome me to Sup Forums), while you obviously havent been around long enough to pick that up. So that is on your cape. One of it's renditions is in the sticky on the first page for christ sake.

>If only you actually could, retard.
I'll cite you for this one.
>it's maybe worth reading what has already been posted
As said, Sup Forums is elitist and always have been. If people had any interest in discussing Metallica or The Rolling Stones, they will, regardless of shitposting and agressive replies. As it currently isnt any discussion about them, one can assume there isnt any interest in it. Why? Perhaps people arent interested in discussing something they are overly familiar with or doesnt warrant much discussion at all? Why? Rock is dead, thats why.

>stop pretending that this is some online argument competition that you need to win, and try this thing called discussion.

Okay, I'll you that one, I'll pull my head out of my ass. Lets start over.

>So I should arbitrarily attribute every comment in this thread to you?
Nope, just continue the damn discussion instead of regurgitating exactly what someone else has already said. Like, at least that level of competency can be asked for, right?
>rock is as dead as jazz. The Beatles had reach far outside the genre of rock.
That still doesn't cover the other rock artists posted so often here that I also mentioned. If you're gonna bring jazz into this, jazz gets far more traffic that's almost entirely positive, too.
>No, it's just that you claim to have been here longer than what I assume is a year ( since you welcome me to Sup Forums), while you obviously havent been around long enough to pick that up. So that is on your cape. One of it's renditions is in the sticky on the first page for christ sake.
I am talking about something that goes far beyond the surface of it being a meme. It isn't really about its meme status either, and you would know if you have been posting here recently as that album's memeshitposting style threads are long gone now yet it still gets traffic without that.
>Why? Rock is dead, thats why.
Already said why this doesn't work as rock is still above classical/jazz in terms of "dead" status, and that a lot of the other bands I have cited who get posted here often have been rock music.