Talk to me, Sup Forums. Death by lethal injection...

Talk to me, Sup Forums. Death by lethal injection. There's been some kerfluffle about the availability of the drugs used for lethal injection.

Why don't they just OD the perps on morphine or heroin? Wouldn't that be just as effective?

Other urls found in this thread:

deathpenaltyinfo.org/node/1752
theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/06/execution-clayton-lockett/392069/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>thinking its a good idea to bring either of those drugs in to a space where a group of people may be in withdrawl from them

What do you mean by "group of people"? You've got a person sentenced to death and the personnel assigned to carry out that sentence.

It doesn't quite work the way you think. You can be very conscious when ODing on shit.

Yes, I know. But it would still be a death without pain or suffering.

the whole reason that specific coctail was chosen is because it lulls the person into a sleep before they die. it is supposed to be painless and quick. they have tried other drug combinations since there have been availability problems. some states have done very illegal things trying to get the drugs too. the DEA has fined some states for illegal activities.

its a jail bro how are you asking
people sneak out they can sure as shit snap a guard neck if the shivers get bad enough
maybe if the executions were done in a seperate building? but the logic of bringing illicit drugs in to literally thousands of these buildings is probably the dumbest shit i ever heard
plus it would require fueling americas drug problem and actually farming for these drugs

just general accountability for these drugs if they were

OD'ing on morphine or heroin can be very painful and there is no gaurantee that the person will actually die especially if they have a large tolerance built up. then systems shutting down one by one could cause the person to go into shock and dislodge the needle or hurt someone else

Please elaborate. Or provide references. I just want to educate myself. I know what they use, I'm just saying that OD'ing on heroin or morphine would be just as (or more) humane than the current cocktail they use.

this as well
drug addicts get jail time as well

Dude, have you even looked at the drugs they use? Phenobarbital. Fentanyl. Midazolam. You can get high off all of these.
I've OD'd twice on H. I can assure you that the only "painful" part was coming back up.

The problem I have with the whole concept isn't the killing, it's the hippocratic oath, meaning lethal injections can not be done by actual doctors. I wouldn't wanna be killed off by some random paramedic or nurse, fuck that. This issue raises the chance of something going horribly wrong causing extreme things to occur instead of a painless and fast death.

AND IT FEEELS BETTER!!!

deathpenaltyinfo.org/node/1752

This states what was already stated. the time and the jerking movement that could cause injury to workers. that would be from injecting a lethal does of the barbituate

Fentanyl is what people OD on not use dummy
good reason why
also have you seen a lethal dose of fentanyl? its considerably less than heroin so its much more efficient.

google lethal dose of heroin vs fentanyl and you can rest in peace this argument pretty much

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/06/execution-clayton-lockett/392069/

please read this. it is terrible what can happen when someone is poorly trained and trying to setup an injection.

Moral and ethical objections aside, I'm just talking about the efficacy,
You're just a retard, aren't you?

Now this is a radical idea, so hold on to something, but right, what if...

>The jail didn't tell the inmates that the prison had a small amount of heroin in a safe within the building, somewhere.

It's almost like they wouldn't know there was heroin in the building! Who would thought.

lmao buddy
yeah youre just gonna keep that secret from literally millions people and the board who would have to approve the use of them
are you underaged or just inept? i honestly cant tell

by the way

spacing your posts out

doesnt make them any less invalid

but here is the problem. heroin is a CI drug. it is illegal for a jail to hold in inventory for the purpose of using it. The DEA lists it as a drug that has no acceptable medical use. Jails still have to follow the laws and administering a CI medication to a prisoner would violate the law.

also >small amount is very very laughable when you actually think about how many people are executed yearly/incarcerated and how they would have to have some on hand as they try to with most current ones/forms of execution

Are you retarded or trolling?

Put that aside for a moment and just thing about its efficacy.

funny you can reword my posts with 0 substance to support your claim
yeah you really got me there

its like you think only your local jail exists like youre an actual kid or something
there are millions in police custody in america
youre talking about pounds on pounds of hard drugs getting pumped in to these institutions
i really see no conceivable way to keep this a secret l m a o

Fuck it, just stab 'em. Sit 'em down and shove metal into their heart or brain stem or something. You can put novocaine on the area and use an especially sharp blade so they don't even feel it.

I think I read somewhere that it would take about a half an hour for it to fully shut down your system after taking a lethal dose. is it effective? yes. but it is time consuming and that makes it risky. when the current cocktail is effective in 2 to 10 minutes.

That's true, a sharp, flat blade into the brain stem would be super effective, but the general public wouldn't perceive that as "humane".

yeah that or one man firing squads would save much on resources

while it would be quick and potentially painless it would involve a lot of blood and that would not be considered humane

why don't they just helium gas chamber them if it's as painless as all the exit bag shills say

Of course it would. But anti-death penalty would object because they're moron cucks.

Personally, I'd like to go on my feet. Firing squad sounds terrifying. But at least I'll die like a man.

Good question. Why not? A few states use nitrogen hypoxia, helium would work just as effectively.

Or they could tie you to a post and beat you with bicycle tires until you die. That's a manly way to go.

Want a second date?

why not just use CO?