Who /languagelet/ here? No matter how hard I try to learn a new language it just doesn't click...

Who /languagelet/ here? No matter how hard I try to learn a new language it just doesn't click. Literally any other skill comes natural to me with time, but learning a new language seems like an impossible feat. There's too many rules and exceptions. I'm crying.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rzc3_b_KnHc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lmao and your english is shit too

>talking to girl today
>so what languages do you speak?
>Slovak,English
>And what else?
>tfw

Sorry I'm phoneposting and too lazy to fix my shit

Not me, fluent in 5 (five) languages

I have been trying to learn mandarin for half a decade now. I have made progress but not five years worth kill me senpai

How do you be shit at foreign language when they do nothing but drill that shit into our heads an hour a day 5 days a week for 9 years of your life?

How intense is Canadian French education on Anglophones?

>spend years studying Chinese
>still don't know anything
>this chigga taught himself flawless, culturally aware english in a couple years just from internet memes youtube.com/watch?v=rzc3_b_KnHc

Because drilling shit never works for me 2bh. I used to be shit at math because I just mindlessly remembered rules, but when I went on to prove them myself I became considerably better because it made intuitive sense.

Maybe try taking some classes to start you off first then self-learn from there?

Not very, most of it is pretty simple but by the time it's no longer mandatory you could probably understand 80% of written or spoken french, just not communicate back very eloquently.

>you could probably understand 80% of written or spoken french

what province do you live in kek?

Saskatchewan, why?

>Saskatchewan

That must be why you got a semi-decent education. In Ontario, (or the GTA at least), French classes were quite half-assed. Most classes were just watching dubbed movies or Tintin, and the oral and listening aspect were barely touched upon.

Do you guys even use French at all irl? Bet that people (Anglophones) won't use it unless they work in Quebec or Ottawa

Not really, the only reason I still remember anything from then is I like to read french comics.

>french comics.
Are there some comics that are good? I only know Tintin (which is actually Belgian)

Try Melusine and Miss Don't Touch Me; both have english translations and are pretty fun. You'd have better luck asking people on Sup Forums for recommendations.

>mfw I speak Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and English
>mfw learning Greek right now
>mfw anglos
hahaha

do you like reading?

>took spanish for 9 years
>Hated every second of it
>try to learn german
>give up because no practical use.

Learn other languages easly its a sign of high inteligence if you cant do that ur, re a brainlet

>my gf knows fluent German and is conversational in French and Spanish
>I'm just a dirty American who got Bs in Spanish back in school and currently speaks spastic French

>tfw "gf" is fluent in english, russian, and romanian, and knows some french and hungarian
>tfw shit american

you must be a hopeless brainlet if youre an indoeuropean speaker and cant learn another IE language

It's hard if you don't talk to people in those languages. Or at least use it too some degree on a daily basis

well asian languages are a bit harder than indoeuropean languages

Finnish is from what Language Branch?

>tfw only bilingual

not IE

I've been studying quite hard on and off for the past few months and am still far from a conversational level in Russian. I think the secret is to practice out loud, despite how stupid you feel for doing so. Just started doing that today.

Went to French immersion from Grade 1 to Grade 8, so they didn't half-ass instruction as much. We didn't start learning any English until Grade 4.

Nowadays, my comprehension of French in both speech and reading is strong, but my writing and speaking skills are somewhat poor by comparison. Anyone find themselves in the same boat, where you can perfectly understand what another person is saying, but fail to communicate in return?

Oh might also add that I think you'll find learning is all about determination and technique. Unless you're literally retarded, you should be able to learn anything.

I barely speak English and still don't give a fuck