youtube.com/watch?v=Wy-v-FgiUD8
youtube.com/watch?v=2UPriYaAvPE
youtube.com/watch?v=RifATXHHOIU
youtu.be/a2LFVWBmoiw
youtu.be/Fb1SSYH0ypw
youtube.com/watch?v=42V8QIZ4bMc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In my experience mostly autists.

Don't blame them. They're majoring in a dead genre.

>want to talk about sun ra
>"who is sun ra"
>mfw

As a jazz musician, I can affirm that I am an autist.

why dont you like music

Didn't you see Whiplash?

autists obsessed with retarded chords, the higher evolutionary stage of prog retards. the ones with any intelligence start a neoclassical scene in their city (probably seattle, where I attend neoclassical shows)

>Sun ra is a talentless hack who marketed himself as "le wacky egypt man" in such a way that people think his msuic is good.

i don't understand your question

why *bltpbtl* dont *blpblpt* you *bltpbltp* like *bltbpt* music *bptbptpbtb*

This has been my experience as well.
I saw this guy who played in a school jazz band who was also in my class, tried to talk to him about jazz and he was like, sorry dude I don't actually like jazz.
It's bizarre.

i listen to lots of music

post /jazz/

youtube.com/watch?v=oJUuaTjwM6g

youtube.com/watch?v=BqLDTKun4so

youtube.com/watch?v=itEia00IVQ4

>majoring in something useless
>not going STEM all the way

What's the point of being an autist if you're going to invest your time in useless shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=SImPf1HsFxo

Because it's fun!

are you a jazz purist?

youtu.be/e85wO8rsCoQ

this is true but his music is also actually good

We're all going to die in world war 3 anyways, might as well learn something interesting

most of them have really bad taste

youtube.com/watch?v=nvFB0f05qz8

Sounds like a smart dude.

very nice.
youtube.com/watch?v=Wy-v-FgiUD8

Oh yeah? Then name one music.

Some Jack Wilkins
youtube.com/watch?v=2UPriYaAvPE

youtube.com/watch?v=RifATXHHOIU

Jazz students >>>>>> western/classical
I was going to do western/classical, but we didn't have enough music students at our school.
Glad we did jazz because their way of improvising taught me a hell of a lot more than classical.

Jazz is fine, it might not be pop but it is a great tool for creating something pop.
The way they play is very ignored by the music industry.

That's why bands like the Melvins say "grab a jazz record". Because it's where new ground will be broken.

they're uninspired dorks who don't understand that the jazz musicians whose dead styles they parrot more than half a century later were actual participants in the innovative sound of their time.

in other words, they're academicist, ultimately talentless dweebs who do things by the numbers. the worst. they're as sad as critics and bloggers.

As a former jazz "student" I simply got fed up with the elitism and weekly "shocking musical revelations" these autismos would have.

I dropped music performance entirely and switched to swing/lindy hop dancing for my hobby and life got 100% better overnight. Better music, cuter chicks, the "elite" dancers in the scene are actually cool and not worthless sperg cunts.

those that apply to rock and pop though are great.
The ones that refuse to explore are dead weights.

why are they all white

Yeah, what musical innovations have ever happened in an academic setting?

oh boyyyy

jazz is as cool as all other genres, what i like about it in particular is that it's pretty fluid
im autist

There have been modern and contemporary classical innovations happening kind of alongside certain departments (but only due to the personalities following through their own ideas), but some kind of cultural music like jazz NEVER in any way shape or form evolves in academia.

The only thing you could say is that a lot of innovative musicians went to art school (usually visual art school) and then implemented the more experimental approach in the bands they maybe started with a classmate or two.

But definitely not in these ordinary universities and college jazz programs.

Blacks are busy making (c)rap these days

Blacks are top-tier, music-innovation-wise. Tied with Germans and Anglos.

youtu.be/a2LFVWBmoiw
youtu.be/Fb1SSYH0ypw

I genuinely think these two are the most beautiful songs in the whole genre. My Foolish Heart in particular is extremely emotional for me.

kurt corbin

I mean they start playing in school jazz bands because its more fun than the standard concert/marching bands and they get to hone their ability. Doesn't mean they have to necessarily like jazz though most the people I was in jazz band with including myself grew to really love it.

I did this. Out of highschool I dropped playing music all together. I kind of miss it but I'm sure as shit glad I didn't bet my future on being a musician.

youtube.com/watch?v=42V8QIZ4bMc

High school jazz bands are acceptable because that's just a kid's chance to learn an instrument and exercise skill. But at the same time, he should start rebelling and going out to see newer things happening, and by college he should have abandoned jazz band classes and gone onto something current, that exists outside of school.

Can't self-taught musicians play jazz these days?