me neither

Tweez is good too
it's grown on me a lot over the years

'greed

Check out

Unwound - Leaves turn inside you
Fugazi - The Argument
The for carnation - s/t

You might like them too. If Spiderland was easy for you to like then these might take some time. Leaves was the hardest to get into but it's overall the best and I prefer it over Spiderland these days.

>it's so good
Nope. It's overrated pleb shit

Not OP, but I'm checknig out Leaves and I'm liking it so far. Thanks for the recommendation.

If you like The For Carnation then also check out

Low - I could live in hope
Red House Painters - Down Colorful Hill

These albums are like the slow parts of Spiderland. Don, Aman, Washer and For Dinner...

I still recommend you listen to Low even if The For Carnation is not for you. You could almost say ICLIH is a 1 hour long version of Washer.

album is bad

Mogwai - Young Team, if you haven't already

hey can you recommend me stuff if i like TDAGARIM by brand new, you seem to know a lot about the genre

Sorry but I haven't listened to Brand New yet. By looking at RYM, Sunny Day Real Estate seems like a good recommendation but you might have heard it already

thanks, if you like spiderland you will hopefully like them.

>tweez is good

Good recs.
Also adding:
Minutemen - Double Nickels on a Dime
Gun Club - The fire of Love
Big Black - Atomizer

Not to be mean but why do people recommend DDNOAD to people who like Spiderland so often?
I really don't see the connection

Thanks, I'll check them out tonight

it's the timescales user

First five tracks are as good as anything on Spiderland

The For Carnation S/T is a god tier album, I think I've listened to it more times than I have Spiderland. Feels like the spiritual successor to that album.

Moonbeams, Being Held, Emp. Man's Blues and A Tribute To really rival the very best of Spiderland.

Brian McMahan needs to make more music.

Bump

If you like this I recommend checking out A Minor Forest's "Inindependence" and "Flemish Altruism" albums

I listened to it twice before and thought it was over rated garbage. Decided to try it again this weekend, and I liked it much more than before. Still over rated imo, but it's not garbage by any means.

>liking Flint

They're both garbage

This album only clicked with me until i was down as fuck

I so wish that "Brian's Song" had gotten a studio recording when they were recording the album, I really love that demo

That 1994 EP could have been so much better had they put some work into it.

Pam
Glenn
Brian's Song
Todd's Song
King's Approach

their original band name was better

no, album is good

was it kino?

this is better

are there any albums with more spoken word parts like this but not 100% spoken word?

June of 44 - Four Great Points

Forgo the obvious

The For Carnation - s/t

Britt, the absolute madman

expanding on the name

These from 331/3?

I just spurt my cofee laughing.

yupp

but it is

brian was heavily inspired by it
also in a world of noisy punk both albums made very clean sounding punk music (or post-hardcore)

streamable.com/6sxyj

reminder that this happened

But OP that album is slow and monotonus

>monotonus
how can you say this unironically

Could be if other songs were like Everyday World of Bodies and Bible Silver Corner.

Mama mia

Exactly. Meme shit heaven for loser basement dwellers.