Unironically what the fuck happened?

Unironically what the fuck happened?
I recently relistened to TPAB and it's shocking that he can go from this look at racial issues in the U.S. and really interesting production to well produced generic trap

Did the industry get to him, "Just be more fun!"? Did he want to appeal to a more mainstream crowd? Was it the lack of Clinton?

lol

He was already pretty popular before the release of TPAB

lol

Everybody runs out of stuff to talk about at some point, Jay-Z came out and said a while back he was just out of things to rap about

this

just because damn isn't tpab doesn't mean it's not meaningful lmao

>generic trap
not close lol

damn sucks desu

I honestly think Kendrick just gave up. Damn was so bad none of the songs are even worth replaying. Complete opposite of TPAB.

>not close lol
It is though
Acting aloofly condescending with autistic "lol" "lmao" shit doesn't make you right.

Money.

Jay-Z was always out of things to rap about.

Damn. had generic trap beats but the lyrics are far from mainstream

You dumb niggas should try to produce modern trap/hip-hop music and good luck making it better than DAMN.
Kendrick was always open minded about music, just because you don't get the same "Omg this chord progression and this beat is so progressive together this is next gen hip hop" vibe - doesn't mean it's bad.
You can't surpass TPAB songwriting - get over it. Instead, be happy he tried new direction instead of being a gimmick artist like the rest of the mainstream rap scene right now.

kangz

real nibbas know that his last good record was good kid maad city

No, he's right. If you think DAMN is even close to "generic trap" you're actually retarded and deserve to be patronized.

yes something did happen.
DAMN. was a rush job.
The praise did get to his head.

If you're right, which I hope you're not then he's going to lose 50% of his listeners. The main problem I have with Kendrick is that he seems too perfect and glossy.
In the modern age of media and music people appreciate humbleness and humillity over ego and super star personas. And Kendrick seems to fall too perfectly to this persona that I really doubt he is as humble and non-ego as they make him out to be

I feel like if Kendrick had the integrity and humbleness he had for the times he made the other two full lengths he would have known that DAMN. wasn't good enough to follow up those albums and he would have scrapped the whole thing altogether. Instead he most likely released this album impulsively...

I agree, it's more of a "I'm still on the map" album then anything else