Tfw you realize seeking out new and different music is completely unproductive and pointless and you're just using an...

>tfw you realize seeking out new and different music is completely unproductive and pointless and you're just using an arbitrary hobby to compensate for your lack of identity
m-music for this feel?

It's as good a hobby as any. Far better than Vidya anyway.

kek I had this thought 4 years ago but I decided to start playing guitar and it went away pretty quickly.

So, what do you suggest we do? Watch the same five movies over and over again? Listen to the same three albums? Always pick vanilla over chocolate? Never eat ass?

I honestly don't know what to do to make my life feel meaningful. That's why I just use music and aesthetics as a form of escapism and vanity so I can feel like I have some value.
>Yeah those normies sure do look happy but do they listen to Bangladeshian improvisational harsh noise bands that only 12 other people even know exist? Fuggin plebs.
It gets so... tiring. I don't know how to lead a fulfilling life.

>Bangladeshian improvisational harsh noise bands
Got any recs?

fuck of negafrog

I think it's better to branch out and try everything at least once than to just lock yourself into one genre.

I have felt a lot of confusion about my identity, I still do. I believe everyone has a identity but for people who are very open it's difficult, they have to do some real soul searching and thinking, taking elements from everything they like and form it into something of their own.

You are not what you own or what you like
Do things in real life and have relationships with people
I wish I was goddamn dead

you're a bad writer.

Please tell me you're not actually serious with this.

Just listen to what you like. You don't have to mold yourself around that either.

Find new things because you want to hear new styles or new takes on styles you already like, not because you want to impress Sup Forums or someone else.

Be yourself, not a fucking drone. Make up your own taste.
But don't be an autist.

don't listen to anyone in threads on the internet that make you feel bad. that feeling you get that almost feels good but you know it's bad? there are people who will use that to make you ruin your life. don't you feel smarter than you were 5 years ago? that keeps happening. a warning to all the kiddos

I don't like your tone, young man.

And you. You're killing my good vibes.
and My coffee just beeped. and I've still got crust in my eyes. So help me God I come back to this thread and you're still being a sour puss I'm gonna click that x at the top right of my browser. I'll fucking do it I swear

I appreciate that outlook but it just feels like I haven't been sincerely, authentically interested in something for years. It's just a mechanical "I will listen to this to have listened to it okay I listened to it I suppose I enjoyed that". It feels hollow. Is this something everyone goes through at some point or is it just me?

>evaluating your life through arbitrary standards of "productivity" and "meaning"
shiggy diggy doo my dude

not exactly true; sure, there are more productive hobbies, but hobbies are meant to be enjoyed and if you enjoy exploring the world of music then who's to say that it's not a valid hobby?

How do I know if I'm actually enjoying something though? Autistic question I'm sure but I genuinely can't tell anymore.

I made a quick Sup Forums post, I took a brain shit into the brain toilet, I didn't try to write anything good, I don't know why you think I did

Step away from the computer. Go out for a walk. Go out for a hike, ideally.

Have you ever been tested for depression