I've came into some rumors around the biz that she actually lost creative control of her last album during a health...

I've came into some rumors around the biz that she actually lost creative control of her last album during a health crisis she had in mid 2015 and the real reason her "lost" album was truly lost was because she no longer remember the login info to her macbook or even basic shit about the world like the name of country you are in, etc; and this was related to the health crisis she had.

So what was it? A mini-stroke or some kind of degenerative disease or brain cancer? Why was Art Angels so bad?

>Why was Art Angels so bad?
It wasn't.

>I've came into some rumors
Don't believe them.

Claire

i hope our grimey is sleeping well

why would i or anyone give a fuck about what those websites say?

The point is that if you think it's bad then it's just your contrarian opinion. Most people enjoyed Art Angels.

Claire

I dont know anyone who liked pre-AA grimes who genuinely likes AA without doing some kind of mental swordswallowing like claiming it was her ironic take on pop music or something retarded like that

I love her

>I dont know anyone
Doesn't prove anything. Most of her fans like Art Angels.

im not attempting to prove any theory. im just stating youll struggly to find any old grimes fan who likes the new direction of her or whoever's music she is passing as hers

Claire

this reminds me of those early Art Angel threads on plebbit:

>guy1: "i dont like thing"
>guy2: "dont listen to it or talk about it then"
>guy1: "but i want to discuss this artists and this subreddit meant for it"
>guy2: "its for FANS to discuss it. if you dont like it you arent a fan. you are troll and ill as a mod to ban you"

>youll struggly to find any old grimes fan who likes the new direction of her
False. You're just projecting your case onto others and making wrong conclusions.

>old grimes fan who likes the new direction of her
So that's me and you'll find a lot of people like that in these threads.

>False. You're just projecting your case onto others and making wrong conclusions.
where you even here when the album came out?
you may be confused to see that while only the fanboy circlejerk stayed spamming threads about her for months (and those who liked baiting them), there was solid 2-week period of discussing the album and in no way as the reception overwhelmingly positive

>where you even here when the album came out?
I was.
1) there was the leaked LQ version of the album which sounded shitty unlike the official one (e.g. released on i-tunes)
2) there were a lot of positive feedbacks as well
3) the album is a HUGE grower. A lot of people who didn't like it upon first listen reevaluated the album after multiple listens. See pic related as an example how the rates have increased comparing to initial value.

>Why was Art Angels so bad?
It wasn't. You just don't like it. She's a real artist who does whatever music she wants to make, not the music you want to hear. If you like it, fine, if not, bye bye. There are millions of other artists out there.
Oh and by the way, Art Angels got a huge Metascore: 88/100. That's universal acclaim.

Relax, she's not going to sleep with you whether you defend her biggest mistakes or not

why would anyone give a fuck what YOU say?

>being this stupid
Do you seriously imply that people are unable to enjoy both her early synthpop with more obscured melodies and her more more recent synthpop with clear melodies? It's still synthpop, dummy. Still enjoyable and catchy.

>being this stupid
Do you seriously imply that people are unable to enjoy both her early synthpop with more obscured melodies and her more recent synthpop with clear melodies? It's still synthpop, dummy. Still enjoyable and catchy.

This kind of stuff has been said anytime an artist changes their style. However Grimes is still synthpop even on AA. It's like
>im just stating youll struggly to find any old radiohead fan who likes the new direction of them (kid a) or whoever's music they are passing as them
Now, do you realize how stupid you were?

>3) the album is a HUGE grower. A lot of people who didn't like it upon first listen reevaluated the album after multiple listens.
Exactly. I've seen many knee jerk reactions on many pop forums (e.g. PopJustice, ATRL). The same people who whined about it came back later and admitted they were wrong.

Relax, I'm "defending" her because I like it. I'm not expecting anything in return.
>biggest mistakes
AA was a success, like it or not.

>she actually lost creative control of her last album during a health crisis she had in mid 2015 and the real reason her "lost" album was truly lost was because she no longer remember the login info to her macbook or even basic shit about the world like the name of country you are in

Christ she's not fucking Britney Spears or something, if she actually became fucked up enough that she wasn't able to make to make music I'm pretty sure that would just be the end of her career, no one's going to that sort of trouble to push fucking Grimes