/classical/ Renaissance Edition

>inb4 how do I into classical
>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes recordings of music by Bach, Mozart and others
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #7. Too lazy to write up a description for this, but it has a little of everything
mega.nz/#F!pWR0zABY!xCwF1rEfXiyEy5HuhTDP0Q
>General Folder #8. The user who made this loves the yellow piss of DG on his face. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xpzdB0G3TJU
youtube.com/watch?v=e3QV2ADmf1o
youtube.com/watch?v=9gG0j-35Mgk&list=RD9gG0j-35Mgk
youtube.com/watch?v=QCVSYVhkqSA
youtube.com/watch?v=QoaTVgvxm-M
youtube.com/watch?v=qR4xX3-X-uk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg2i2NB-i3o
youtube.com/watch?v=BS0i9aCGclc
youtube.com/watch?v=N5r1soNdUpo
amazon.com/Chopin-Pianist-Teacher-Seen-Pupils/dp/0521367093
youtube.com/watch?v=XFMr2sVrL9I
youtube.com/watch?v=OYQe_by2PL8
youtube.com/watch?v=tY16l7AIXFY
youtube.com/watch?v=f8dCrsARRGM&t=1400s
youtube.com/watch?v=g_1e66MxmT8
youtube.com/watch?v=Cegje3tdCyY
youtube.com/watch?v=_hHa5suqB3w
youtube.com/watch?v=D2J6lYYUpa8
youtube.com/watch?v=AiegLh61_o8
youtube.com/watch?v=XRmuHFCGgfo
youtube.com/watch?v=rujE_KMnFEY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

@Misterjazzisgay
I enjoy jazz
Now tell me why I shouldn't enjoy it

make a jazz thread to ask this question

why doesn't that pic have any palestrina

this
fuck off nigger

youtube.com/watch?v=xpzdB0G3TJU

bump

that's a funny way to spell petzold

This is probably only tangentially related to /classical/ but I need help identifying a song. It's set to the tune of Verdi's Triumphal March from Aida, sung in French. I can't remember or understand the lyrics very well except that it has what sounds like "le tricolore, le tricolore" and "je vous appelle" somewhere in there. There aren't actually any instruments played in the song so I'm pretty sure it's a marching chant, but I don't know where else to ask.

6 gorillion just died in las vegas at some country music concert. music 4 this feel

youtube.com/watch?v=e3QV2ADmf1o

still trying to force this meme eh?

eh

Sibelius is a notation program, don't expect it to sound good. While you can load high quality sample libraries into it (I've never been bothered to set it up myself, but I've seen it done), it will never sound as good as a proper DAW with actual automation and fine control / effects / etc. Sibelius is purely for setting your score and printing it out or exporting PDFs for players / competitions / personal use / whatever.

The MIDI playback on sibelius is there as a reference point and I wouldn't rely on it for accurately representing what the instruments sound like or the balance between them. One of the things I took away from learning composition at university was never to trust Sibelius playback and instead use your own knowledge of orchestration and your experience working with the various instruments and ensembles (as well as score study) to balance your score. Sibelius doesn't show the changes in dynamics as instruments change register - a low fff flute will sound loud in sibelius but in real life its more like mp of mf at the max. maybe f if the player is at the front of the stage in a small ensemble and not covered by other players.

If you want good sounds or to produce high quality sounding music - use a DAW. if you want to write a score for real performers - use Sibelius.

Thankfully MIDI files exist so you can export as MIDI from your DAW and import into Sibelius (still requires a lot of cleaning up and editing and essentially scoring the thing out from scratch - but at least you have the notes and rhythms in), and vice versa.

Posting a great Scholl album as I missed last thread

>I enjoy jazz

are jazz fans more likely to be atheist

>Posting a great Scholl album as I missed last thread
great pic dude

Nothing wrong with enjoying Jazz. Many composers have been influenced by Jazz, or influenced Jazz. In the early days many Jazz players and bands played from sheet music just like orchestral musicians, and were written for by trained composers.

These days jazz still creeps into classical compositions and vice versa.

>I Have a limited musical palette

this is /classical/. anything /jazz/ should go to that general. that's it.

hell jazz is basically just a style of modernist music like impressionism or serialism

here, have some classical then:

youtube.com/watch?v=9gG0j-35Mgk&list=RD9gG0j-35Mgk
youtube.com/watch?v=QCVSYVhkqSA
youtube.com/watch?v=QoaTVgvxm-M

youtube.com/watch?v=qR4xX3-X-uk

Okay I downloaded the recordings of this Bartok person and I have to ask when do they start singing? This is all sounding like some Joanna Newsom hipster bull-crap.

wouldn't be surprised if joanna newsom enjoys bartok

Anything similar to this

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg2i2NB-i3o

This is pretty good dude

youtube.com/watch?v=BS0i9aCGclc

If you want singing you have to listen to Bluebeard's Castle
youtube.com/watch?v=N5r1soNdUpo

mind blown

sounds sexy

tell us about it

symmetries of keyboard have been neglected. for example D major scale from f sharp downwards has the same distribution of black and white keyes as B flat major scale upwards. all scales with equal number of sharps and flats are symmetric like that and this can be a base for universal mirrored fingering. apparently chopin almost finished such a system.

this might be of interest to you amazon.com/Chopin-Pianist-Teacher-Seen-Pupils/dp/0521367093

thx

50 people are dead in the most horrible mass shooting in history of the USA
music for this

Wolpe

youtube.com/watch?v=XFMr2sVrL9I

Country and Western obviously. Now get out this tread.

darude sandstorm

fuck your jew capital and your fake news "tradegies"

Your favourite funerary music.

Best version of La Campanella?

Accardo

youtube.com/watch?v=OYQe_by2PL8

How do I into 2nd Vietnamese school? Where do I start with Alban Berg specifically, and Whats his best? Help me out anons

His violin concerto is the easiest place to start.

Do any of you collect classical on vinyl?

nah, don't really see the point

fuck off

Whats his best though in your opinion

Start with early Schoenberg instead. Listen to Transfigured Nights and the Gurrelieder, then keep listening to his works chronologically. There's no clear cut in his style, he keeps delving in and in until he gets to his serial phase. By following his ouvre chronologically you will be able to "ease" into it.
In the case of Berg your wuestion is almost meaningless: you can listen to all of his music in 2 evenings. Start chronologically from the first piano sonata. Also, if you want to listen to his operas, check on your local opera house: chances are that there's a performance of Wozzeck or Lulu scheduled.

>Listening to a Mahler symphony
Feels like a chore

>not listening to all Mahler symphonies at once

>not listening to all Mahler symphonies at the same time

His operas. But he only has about 6 CDs worth of music, listen to it all.

>listening to Mozart's Piano Concertos
Wow, 9 hours have already passed? Ahah, I didn't even notice it.

i disagree

this is def true

maybe if you said a bruckner symphony...

Soler

youtube.com/watch?v=tY16l7AIXFY

Anthony Burgess, Symphony in C

youtube.com/watch?v=f8dCrsARRGM&t=1400s

What's the best setting of Ave Maria?

this was my feel when my trombone teacher told me to listen to mahler's symphonies because muh epic trombone solo

Love your teacher, motherfucker, he is right

How am I supposed to listen to a heavy one hour symphony without falling asleep (non-rhetorical question)?

have any of you been abused by your music teachers?

I hated my hungarian violin teacher as a kid because his room smelled like garbage. I still remember it.

zoldpet

"Yes, they played [insert composer] to me".

schubert obviously

any other mentally challenged composers?

if i sometimes put on a Bond album does that count as listening to classical?

How is he mentally challenged?

yes, me

Bruckner is an obvious one. Sorry for shitting on Bruckner a lot in this thread but it's true.

early Schoenberg is just high romanticism. I would start with Josef Matthias Hauer and Rautavaara both of whom incorporate serial technique in a much more structured way.

youtube.com/watch?v=g_1e66MxmT8

youtube.com/watch?v=Cegje3tdCyY

Sometimes I think the idiot savant composer meme originates with Bruckner but then dumb people retroactively applied it to like Mozart and Beethoven just because they're famous

have you heard his music?

Yeah it's weird and cool

Philip Glass is one of the few composers whose music I'd call legitimately uncanny

youtube.com/watch?v=_hHa5suqB3w

FAVORITE BRUCKNER SIMPH ON Y IN BOOMERPOSTING MODE: 5!!!!!!

>Treemonisha
definitely a name a black person would come pu with lol

WE

Anyone from Zagreb here?

Why is "professional percussionist" even a real profession? What exactly makes beating the timpani or whatever to the beat difficult? Why not just get some random to do it for a small price (commution, time)? What is the difference between a decent high school percussionist and the percussionists in Berliner?

you don't just want some street nog bucketboy. they have to look the part too. other than that, your retarded senile grandma could fit the part.

Buxtehude

youtube.com/watch?v=D2J6lYYUpa8

why would i listen to bach, mozart, beethoven, handel, buxtehude, wagner, etc. when i can listen to The God, Ravel. srs
youtube.com/watch?v=AiegLh61_o8

Biebl

what in the fuck did I just listen to

Have we been breached by Sup Forums?

no by /jazz/

that doesn't seem bad actually

how's this?
youtube.com/watch?v=XRmuHFCGgfo

rec pieces that are the classical equivalent of doucheguitaristcore
for example, für elise

I had no idea he was also a composer. Wow.

fur alina. spiegel im spiegel. satie. i guess. don't really know what you mean by doucheguitaristcore

shit like wonderwall and more than words

like music you play to impress people even though its not that hard? moonlight sonata (1st movement), clair de lune

yup, to become popular and/or have sex

youtube.com/watch?v=rujE_KMnFEY