This album is ten years old today. MGMT thread? Favorite album?

This album is ten years old today. MGMT thread? Favorite album?
Favorite song?
Hopes for the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y5B0ngq0fVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=mvJcKcdam6I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

favorite song
>weekend wars, time to pretend or congratulations

Their sound makes me so nostalgic.

this. congratulations is the absolute shit. I love their music

Of Moons, Birds, and Monsters; Siberian Breaks; and I Love You Too, Death are all their best songs from each album.

>Generic "idnie" "psych" pop badn
>Caring about them aside from Electric Feel.

oracular > s/t > literal dog shit > the pre-OS demo album >>>>>>>>>>>>>> congratulations

This album is amazing. I haven't listened to it in a long while, gonna give it a spin today.
I don't care for their other stuff though.

>only liking electric feel
>calling anyone else a pleb

favorite song is definitve kids.

>MGMT thread?
Sure.
>Favorite album?
That one.
>Favorite song?
Time to pretend.
>Hopes for the future?
10 years later, still none and I was right. Not about MGMT, just in general.

this is the big truth

I saw them perform at the US Open of Surfing in like 2011, had no idea who the fuck they were

MPP would have sounded different without this album

Diet Yoshimi if you know what I mean

I saw them open for Of Montreal about a week after that album came out. I didn't like them at all until I went home and listened to the studio recording. Still love that album.

I'M ON THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS

My favourite is Of Moons Birds and Monsters. Didnt know OS shared a birthday with Kid A

Time to Pretend is the banger of all time

This album and Congratulations are 10/10 psych pop masterpieces.

The Handshake is an unbelievably great track. Congratulations one of my favorite albums OAT to this day.

I hope they release another album sometime soon, or have they disbanded or something?

I saw them open for someone in 2006 and they called themselves “the management” and they had like a guitar and a synth hanging off bungee chords from a sort of PVC pyramid. First Unitarian church.

Could have sworn they changed their name in 2004.

aw damn philly show nice

Maybe it was earlier?/ I was into these shows from like 2004-2007 so could have been anywhere in there

they're putting out a new record soon
i'm seeing them in miami in november so i'm assuming that theyll be doing some new stuff

I was really dismissive of that type of music back when it came out, so much so that it has just passed me by and I've never actually listened to it. Perhaps I'll give it a whirl.

>*deletes Pieces of What*
Ahh.. perfect.

Pleb filtered

Siberian Breaks best song; followed by Metanoia and Someone's Missing. Congratulations probably best album

I like Congratulations a lot. Am split down the middle on OS and didn't enjoy the third that much either.

I really hope the next one is as good as Congratulations. And if not we always have Eeeks I guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=y5B0ngq0fVQ

Every song on here was awesome

Weekend Wars was the first song I covered with my band tho so it wins

I totally agree with this

I would delete the Youth. Not necessarily bad, but it drags on a bit.

Oh shit I'd wanna go to that if they only play congratulations and maybe some oracular stuff

The complete silence or any news whatsoever for the new record is maddening. They were done mastering it months ago, and then nothing.

>removing best song
Kys fagit

Why aren't there albums like this anymore?

YOUTH IS STARTING TO CHANGE OUR YOUTH IS STARTING TO CHANGE OUR YOUTH IS STARTINNG TO CHANGE OUR YOUTH IS STARTING TO CHANGE TOGETHER TOGETHER TOGETHER TOGETHER TOGETHER TOGETHER THE YOUTH IS STARTING TO CHANGE OUR YOUTH

mgmt sux

Fourth Dimension Transition. So Sick.

Congratulations is by far their best album. i dream of the day when it gets the recognition it deserves

Because Feelings bad, Irony good.

The 3-hit combo of Kids, Time to Pretend, and Electric Feel back in 2008-ish was truly something special. Some of the best pop songs of the 2000's.
>favorite album
Congratulations
>favorite song
Really fond of I Found a Whistle, though Time to Pretend will always have a place in my heart too.

Never listened to their self-titled that much, how is it?

The s/t is my fave album by them, and one of my favorite pysch albums ever, but Sup Forums prefers Congratulations.

Congratulations is literally perfect.

Best songs are Flash Delirium and Siberian Breaks.

Found the fags who bring a guitar to parties

i am honored you would think i can play guitar or get invited to parties. made my day user, thanks

It's a shame to know that when Congratulations will have its 10-year anniversary, it'll probably be overlooked completely

Future Reflections best song

>oracular, s/t
>future reflections
>pls just more, anything for more

Siberian Breaks
For that album it's Weekend Wars doe

mgmt
handshake
none, kinda content with things as is
youtube.com/watch?v=mvJcKcdam6I

>Time to Pretend- 8/10
>Weekend Wars - 8/10
>The Youth - 7/10
>Electric Feel - 9/10
>Kids - 10/10
>4th Dimensional Transition - 5/10
>Pieces of What - 7/10
>Of Moons, Birds & Monsters - 10/10
>The Handshake - 8/10
>Future Reflections - 9/10

>tfw listened to this and Alive 2007 every fucking day on the bus ride home from middle school
Oh fuck when did I get old

Everything after that first album of theirs is so up in the air for me personally.

You must be some kind of ultra normie faggots to actually like Oracular more than Congratulations

Surprised about the lack of mention in 4th dimensional transition however i can understand why it wouldnt be favored

i reckon the rushing climax at the end easily makes it my favorite song up there with I Love You Too Death and Flash Delirium

can say best album is OS after years of listening to all their stuff

I'm sorry but I can't pretend I like Congratulations better just because it isn't as popular

Maybe I'm just a normie but I can't get into anything other than Oracular Spectacular. They really fell off after that to me.

Best track? Weekend Warriors.
That being said on my first solo mushroom trip I listened to the whole album back to back 3 times so I love it all.

>favorute album
congratulations
>favorite song
brian eno
>hopes for the future
people realising congratulations is by far and beyond their best work

Same, but don't care too much of what some of the shittiest members of this board thinks. My favourites are weekend wars aswell, the handshake and future reflections even though Oracular is great from start to finish.

The Handshake is also my favorite, love the ending